The President is speaking in a bit (WATCH IT!)

Brand X

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:39 pm
I'm sure it will be transcribed if they can find someone who can translate stumbling.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:39 pm
Hotibob! I thought the same thing. A school kid giving vamping and BSing because he didn't study. What channel were the reactions shots on? Didn't see them.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:40 pm
Condi looked in pain, as I was.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:40 pm
fealola wrote:
Hotibob! I thought the same thing. A school kid giving vamping about he knew nothing about. What channel were the reactions shots on? Didn't see them.

CNN
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:41 pm
I thought his basic message was that America is obligated to spread freedom. Is that what you are talking about Bill?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:43 pm
So it turns out the way it always does. The 'anybody but Bush' crowd heard what they wanted to hear. And the rest of us heard the strength, resolve, and determination we were hoping for.

And yes, he's a lousy extemporaneous speaker. That's just one of the reasons I believe what he says. He's not scripted or coached. He just lays it out there pretty much as I think he would speak one on one.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Brand X wrote:
I'm sure it will be transcribed if they can find someone who can translate stumbling.

Transcript on ABCNews.com

EDIT: Sorry, that was just the transcript of the opening statement. Here's the transcript of the entire news conference.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

kickycan wrote:
I thought his basic message was that America is obligated to spread freedom. Is that what you are talking about Bill?
You bet your ass kicky Exclamation
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:44 pm
He looked like and performed worse than one of the losers on "The Apprentice." Is this reality TV gone haywire?
0 Replies

angie

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:45 pm

OCCOM: Do you remember Vietnam ?

OUr government insisted we HAD to win that war, or communism would take over the world.

We lost tens of thousands of young Americans becsuse of the stubborness of our leaders who would not admit their mistake.

Invading Iraq unilaterally was a mistake. The region is MORE unstable than ever. We cannot bear the costs, financial and human, of what has the potential to become another Vietnam.

0 Replies

Kara

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:45 pm
Is anyone here old enough to remember Captain Queeg? And the clicking balls in his hands that moved more frenetically as he became less and less rational?

This is the leader of the free world....?
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:47 pm
LW, they should not have let him out without his tenders.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:47 pm
Or off his meds.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:48 pm
Good one, Kara!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Foxfyre wrote:
And yes, he's a lousy extemporaneous speaker. That's just one of the reasons I believe what he says. He's not scripted or coached. He just lays it out there pretty much as I think he would speak one on one.

Bush is most definitely scripted and coached. He just can't remember his lines.
0 Replies

hobitbob

To be fair, this should not be about scoring points on the "other side."
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:49 pm
Spread freedom, kickycan? What is the bejaysus does that mean? That is a total sixty-ish construct. How do you spread freedom?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:50 pm
Then way he articulate spreading freedom it sounded more like a virus.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:53 pm
Not scripted and coached? Celebrate Christmas this year by setting up a Naivety Scene.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 07:53 pm

We did not have to invade the Soviet Union to spread freedom. The flaws in their system, coupled with Coca-cola, blue jeans and TV, brought them down. It took time, but eventually, it was an economic war that we won against The Evil Empire of communism, not a military one.

0 Replies