Iran nuclear deal signed in Geneva

Olivier5

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 06:24 am
Hurray! Allah u acbar! Mazeltov! Bravo! :-))
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 06:33 am
Good deal.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 08:59 am
@Olivier5,
I was really pleased to hear that they made a deal.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 09:01 am
@ehBeth,
Ditto.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 10:06 am
OK.

This seems like a step in the right direction, but I feel like I have to maybe hold back my loud cheering until this scheme has been proven to work.

Early days, first green shoots, baby steps and all that.
revelette2

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 10:30 am
@Lordyaswas,
I agree, the whole deal is so fragile with so many opposing sides both within Iran and the US and of course Israel all of whom are just waiting for it all to topple. (not sure of grammar)

Iran nuclear deal: Fine 'new chapter' or 'historic mistake'?

Nevertheless, I hope it proves to be a "a new chapter."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 11:49 am
@Lordyaswas,
The biggest problem in the Middle East is Sunni extremism. That's as much a threat to Iran as it is to the West. Now that Iran is no longer a Pariah state, it could be persuaded to use its influence of the Iraqi Shia lead government to be a bit more inclusive towards the Sunni minority.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 12:20 pm
@izzythepush,
Agreed.

I also think that the major risk points to all this is when elections or changes at the top happen, including the USA.

I hope the agreement lasts long enough for Iran to demonstrate that they have no other desire than to produce nuclear electricity.

I know both sides of the coin, and can see why Israel is slightly miffed right now. It's nothing short of a political minefield out there, and will be for years to come.

The dynamics of power will shift in Iran's favour now, and I hope it has a stabilising effect, but there's a brain cell or two that begs to differ at the moment.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 01:10 pm
@izzythepush,
If you think I equate all Muslims as the same, then that is your problem not mine. Don't read into so much. The issue lies with you and not me.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 01:27 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
The dynamics of power will shift in Iran's favour now
THat happens regardless of deal or no deal as the USA departs from the region, as Iraq/Syria/Saudi Arabia/Lebanon melt down internally.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 01:37 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
Agreed

I get a kick out of you two. Muslims are running the UK. They do what they please and your citizens are arrested for telling the truth about it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 01:58 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Umpteen studies and surveys have shown that after Israel, the Iranian people are the most pro US in the region.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 02:00 pm
@Baldimo,
I've read your posts, I know exactly what you mean, (and why it took you so long to think up a reply.)
izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 02:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're really hedging your bets with that one, including Syria and Iraq, Lebanon too is very affected, but Saudi Arabia?

Using your extensive knowledge of the region can you tell us how you envisage the internal meltdown of Saudi Arabia, including the role of Wahhabism and the Mutaween. Just so you can add a bit of flesh to the bones.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 02:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Like I said, the issue is with your interpretation, not with my expression. So long to think up a reply? Silly Izzy, I don't as a rule, reply to you. You twist everything in an ATTEMPT to make people look like racists and haters. Hope you enjoyed your trolling while it lasted...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 02:20 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I agree with the qualms expressed in recent posts but also am hoping for things to improve. Just call me Polly.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 03:20 pm
@Olivier5,
What a spectacular success, for parties on both sides. Who would have thought with the dysfunctional politics in the United States that we could negotiate a peaceful solution to such a thorny problem? Who would have guessed that the United States could work with their European and Asian allies as well as moderates in the Iranian government To reach this comprehensive agreement? Today radicals around the world lost. Extremists in Iran, Israel and the United States all went down to defeat. For the first time in 20 years the United States showed it could solve the problem without shooting it. Of course there is still a lot of work to do from here, but we can pause and celebrate this moment.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 03:23 pm
@engineer,
I'm sure you said the same thing when Bill Clinton signed his nuke deal with North Korea. We know that didn't work out as planned as NK now has a nuke. I'm sure Obama did a much better job then Clinton did. Rolling Eyes
izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 03:37 pm
@Baldimo,
Look at George Bush's great achievements, illegal war and the birth of ISIS.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 04:23 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Look at George Bush's great achievements, illegal war and the birth of ISIS.

You forgot to mention crashed USA economy.
0 Replies