Iran nuclear deal signed in Geneva

oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 11:34 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
There is a very simple way of insuring that Iran never develops a bomb: Israel should destroy its stockpile of nuclear weapons, and should sign a non-aggression treaty with Iran. Otherwise, Iran has very good, objective reasons to develop the bomb... And one day they will. Let's not force entire nations to disarm unilaterally, when their enemy is not disarming. THAT would be a recipe for disaster.

Israel is not going to give up their nukes, and Iran is going to be prevented from developing nuclear weapons.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 11:37 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
America is in decline.

I disagree. I think that we will remain a superpower for a long time to come.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 11:38 am
@hawkeye10,
None of that is in the cards. Israel's posture is ultra aggressive, and therefore Iran needs the bomb. And yes, they will get it one day, IMO. What Obama is doing is laudable as a way to postpone proliferation, but does not change the basic parameters of the neighborhood.
oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 11:41 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Israel's posture is ultra aggressive,

Nonsense. All Israel does is defend themselves.

Olivier5 wrote:
And yes, they will get it one day, IMO.

If Iran ever resumes their quest for nuclear weapons, the world will again slam them with sanctions.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 11:42 am
@oralloy,
We'll see...
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:41 am
Iran not negotiating nuclear deal with US Congress: Rouhani

Quote:
"We do not negotiate with the US Senate; we do not negotiate with the US House of Representatives," Rouhani said in a speech in the northern city of Rasht. "We are negotiating with a group called the P5+1."

That was a reference to the governments of US Security Council permanent members Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States, along with Germany.

0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 07:18 am
I kinda think I am talking to myself here, but anyway....

Obama could ease many Iranian sanctions without Congress

izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 07:24 am
@revelette2,
Damn right, nobody outside America cares about what Congress does. If Americans don't trade there's plenty who will, and some aren't even waiting until the end of June.
Quote:
The US has expressed concern after Russia lifted a ban on supplying Iran with the sophisticated S-300 air defence missile system.

Secretary of State John Kerry raised the matter in a phone call with the Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, the White House said.

Russia said the embargo was no longer necessary after an interim deal was reached on Iran's nuclear programme.

Tehran and six world powers aim to reach a final deal by 30 June.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest did not give details of Mr Kerry's phone call, but said that "coordination and unity" with nations like Russia had been key to reaching agreement with Iran.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32290340
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 09:36 am
@RABEL222,
Is that any better then the chicken shits who blow up buses and pizza shops in the name of Allah?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 09:42 am
@Baldimo,
Or the chickenshits who blow up schools in the name of Uncle Sam.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 10:08 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Or the chickenshits who blow up schools in the name of Uncle Sam.

Do you have even one example in the news about this alleged activity?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 10:20 am
@hawkeye10,
From a redacted apology from CIA chief Michael Hayden to Pakistan's prime minister. You should try watching a news channel for once, or actually reading a newspaper.

Quote:
Religious school attacked
It is one of the worst incidents of the entire drones campaign, yet one of the least reported. A CIA strike on a madrassa or religious school in 2006 killed up to 69 children, among 80 civilians

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2011/08/11/more-than-160-children-killed-in-us-strikes/
RABEL222

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 06:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Isent it odd how much news gits left out of the news media in the U S which is why I read what foreign news I can get my hands on with a grain of salt of course. I dont believe we target children intentionally but even collateral damage when it comes to kids is too much. I find it hard to believe that even the assholes at the CIA target kids.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 02:45 am
@RABEL222,
The thing is Baldimo talks about Moslems, all Moslems, not just IS, like they're a bunch of savages and he's somehow morally superior. There will be hardliners in Iran just like him, pointing out the savagery of the West and America in particular, and how Iran has far superior morality.

I don't think there's any morality in either camp.

RABEL222

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 09:05 pm
@izzythepush,
I agree that morality is lacking in both camps. And the so called christians in the U S could use a lot more religious training as to what Christ taught because it seems to have gone over the head of most 'christians?'.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 01:27 am
@RABEL222,
None of them pay much attention to the rich man and the eye of a needle for starters.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 1 May, 2015 05:45 am
U.S. senator and Iran foreign minister face off on Twitter
By Patricia Zengerle

WASHINGTON (Reuters) [...]

U.S. Senator Tom Cotton used the social media service to challenge Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif to come to Washington for a debate on Iran's "record of tyranny, treachery and terror" after Zarif mentioned Cotton in remarks at New York Univesity on Wednesday.

Zarif said sanctions would be lifted if there is an international agreement on Iran's nuclear program "whether Sen. Cotton likes it or not."

Cotton, a Republican from Arkansas, also upped the ante with a jab at the Iranian, saying that Zarif "hid" in the United States during his country's war with Iraq in the 1980s.

"Not badge of courage... to hide in US while your country fought war to survive-but shows cowardly character still on display today," Cotton, a former U.S. Army captain, wrote on Twitter.

A spokeswoman for Cotton said the senator had written the Tweets himself.

Zarif responded on Thursday with this message: "Serious diplomacy, not macho personal smear, is what we need."

However, the Iranian official added congratulations on the birth this week of Cotton's first child. "May U and Ur family enjoy him in peace," Zarif said.

Zarif, 55, was a student in the United States in the 1980s.

Cotton, 37, is the youngest member of the U.S. Senate, where he has been serving since January.

In March, Cotton wrote a letter signed by 47 of the 54 Republican U.S. senators warning Iran that any nuclear deal made with President Barack Obama could last only as long as the Democrat remained in office, a highly unusual intervention in U.S. foreign policy-making that angered the White House and Senate Democrats.
revelette2

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 11:48 am
@Olivier5,
A good number of our politicians and leaders in congress are an embarrassment. Cringe worthy.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 8 May, 2015 10:22 am
Warmongers get schooled: How GOP hawks lost their chance to scuttle an Iran deal
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 02:15 am
The latest.

Quote:
A deal on limiting Iran's nuclear programme in return for the lifting of sanctions has been reached at talks in Vienna, diplomats say.

Under the agreement, access for nuclear inspectors monitoring Iran's programme would reportedly not be automatic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33518524
0 Replies