Obama may have lied, or "misspoke" after all

Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 04:56 pm
@JTT,
What's wrong JTT, not a supporter of the military that makes you safe? Yes I said safe. I'm guessing by your level of hate for the US military, that you are indeed a US citizen. I'm going to guess that you would rather the Taliban stay in power in Afghanistan? When are you going to join your fellow US haters and take up arms against your home country? Just wondering.
parados

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 05:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes hawk... Are you arguing that the ACA caused the increase from 1980 to 2010?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 05:22 pm
@parados,
I would argue that the ACA caused the price of my insurance to go up just over 50%. Used to pay just under $380 a month, now I'm paying closer to $550 a month. Affordable how? Save money how?
JTT

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 05:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Usian?

No, Finn - USian/USians
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 05:43 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
What's wrong JTT, not a supporter of the military that makes you safe? Yes I said safe.

Did that meme just pop into your head or did you have to phone in to get just the right bit of propaganda, Baldimo?

The US military makes no one safe when it engages in war crimes and terrorism, which is what the US military does, has done for the vast majority of its over 200 invasions.

Quote:
I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

That has been the situation from the inception of the US and it hasn't stopped since S Butler's time.

Both Iraq and Afghanistan were war crimes, vicious war crimes committed by the US. From that major war crimes many war crimes followed.

Quote:
I'm going to guess that you would rather the Taliban stay in power in Afghanistan?

Since that was the government that the US put in power, I would say that you must be in full agreement that the Taliban should stay in power.

How can you expect anyone to trust you, Baldimo, when you threaten 'ignore', but then show that you're simply another liar?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 06:14 pm
@JTT,
Not a liar, I changed my mind, people are allowed to do that.

I'm sorry to say but you anti-US propaganda isn't going to work. I guess in your eyes I'm a war criminal, well if that is the case then I am a proud war criminal. Although I never killed anyone, I sure helped deliver the guys who did the killing. If you feel bad for the Taliban and other such terrorists, why not pick up arms and fight for what you believe in? I understand why you don't, because you don't have the balls to stand up for what you beleive in. You can sit there and make fun of others but in reality you are nothing more then a high level terrorist. You sit in safety and talk your high minded ideas but with no balls to backup what you say.

You wonder why people ignore you? It has nothing to do with your unending diatribes against the US, I have seen plenty on other boards, it is because it is the same old same old. People try to engage you in other discussions but you are a one track record with a really nasty skip. All of your post can be summed up in a few words: The US is evil! No matter what you post for the rest of your life, this will be the sum of your posts, no matter how long or how short it is the same meaning.
CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 06:16 pm
@oralloy,
Hi Oralloy, I work in health care in the finance dept. I have a unique vantage point when it come to insurance coverage. I am very curious about your $250.00 max oop go anywhere full coverage no limits policy. I have 30+ years in this business and there are very few insurance carrier that even offer this type of plan. Some executives do have the benefit of a medicl benefit plan that looks like this, because the company is self insured and recoup any massive losses from their re insurance carrier while still showing any the payment of the executives medical bills as a liability supposedly offset by the re-insurance carrier's premiums. Their lower tierd employees are not offered this benefit package. Their benefits are usually managed by the same Insurance Carrier or TPA but the plan benefits are different higher oop and deductibles and much more restrictive. Would this be your situation?
0 Replies

CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 07:21 pm
@Baldimo,
Is this because more of the premium payment is being passed on to you from your employer?
0 Replies

CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 07:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I really wish more people who were forced to give up their current policy would post. I am almost 98% sure that most were executives with self insured companies or small Business or Individuals paying for very poor policies. The premiums seem reasonable. Their doctor visits are covered and they are relatively healthy people who see their Doctor maybe twice a year. However should they need intensive care, radiation or chemotherapy , extensive radiology testing they would soon find out the limitations to these policy which cover so little the insured is basically paying for all their treatment out of pocket. Good Plans have no reason to cancel their members. They meet the basic coverage required. Scam Plan do. And the self insured group is whole other animal.
0 Replies

CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 07:43 pm
@Miller,
Yes your correct. It was the Insurance industry through Goverment manipulation that required hospitals to bill for technical and professional separately. Professional are paid on a fee schedule dictated by the Goverment and or the contracting Insurance carrier. Hospitals are paid a % of charges based on the contract from the carrier. Actual cost is rarely paid today. Yes operational cost are factor into the Technical cost. Think about it How much more do your weekend guest cost you besides the preparation, your water, your electric, gas, food , entertainment.
0 Replies

CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 07:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
How much money and Power do Insurance Carriers have?
panzade

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 08:01 pm
@CPAT30,
I am reading your posts with interest CPAT.

It's not that I think Baldimo is a liar, I just think there's more than meets the eye in his premium rise.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 08:50 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I'm sorry to say but you anti-US propaganda isn't going to work.

Faced with the facts, Baldimo does a 180. That wasn't me talking, B, that was Smedley Butler;

Quote:
Smedley Darlington Butler[1] (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940) was a Major General in the U.S. Marine Corps, the highest rank authorized at that time, and at the time of his death the most decorated Marine in U.S.

history.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

And the Taliban, those guys were being wined and dined in Texas not long before they were falsely accused. The reason the US wanted the Taliban out was because they refused to give some big US oil thief what it wanted. The US created the Taliban, financed the Taliban, were happy as hell with the Taliban until the US's financial demands were not met.

Try to get up to speed on the history. It's not the pretty little fantasies you've been told.

Quote:
I guess in your eyes I'm a war criminal,

You took part in a war crime, a war crime that was no different than what the some Nazis were hung for. Granted, you were an ignorant little grunt.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 10:48 pm
@CPAT30,
I got my insurance packet today. Drug cost went up because I was forced into a drug plan with the donet hole. But my preminum went down. I think it is a wash. I hope.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:46 pm
I wonder why he lied. He knew what was going to happen. I guess he decided he didn't have another election to lose - and he wanted it done at all costs.

Clinton thinks he should make his word good.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/12/bill-clinton-health-care_n_4260184.html
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:00 am
@Lash,
the much more interesting question I think is why when he had so much riding on the success of healthcare.gov did he pay almost no attention to its creation? we saw a personal recklessness on this scale with Bill Clinton but this lack of caring about protecting his legacy seems on a whole new level of pathological
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:13 am
@Lash,
Do you think Clinton spoke up in hopes to help his wife for re-election? I wonder his motivation and he must have ticked Obama off big time.
parados

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:25 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I would argue that the ACA caused the price of my insurance to go up just over 50%. Used to pay just under $380 a month, now I'm paying closer to $550 a month. Affordable how? Save money how?

And you can argue that all you want but you can't prove anything having to do with the ACA. Without the ACA the Insurance could have just cancelled your policy on a whim and you would have no insurance or they could have raised the prices by $1000 a month
RABEL222

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 10:34 am
@hawkeye10,
Because Obama isent a computer programer. He like you and me had to rely on the people who know about this stuff. He was probably not told of all the problems because people were trying to cover their ass. The trouble wasent with the top people, it was with the lower people in the bureaucracy. The same thing that has been wrong with government and business for a long time. The workers advance one position farther than their competent to hold. It is almost impossible to fire a government worker no matter how badly they screw up. And before you ask I dont know how to fix it under our present government which includes the President, congress, and the Supreme Court.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 10:50 am
@parados,
Baldimo wrote:

Parados wrote
And you can argue that all you want but you can't prove anything having to do with the ACA. Without the ACA the Insurance could have just cancelled your policy on a whim and you would have no insurance or they could have raised the prices by $1000 a month

Parados is right. I know of people with cancer whose insurance was canceled because it would be too expensive to cover them and this action was ok'ed by a court that said it was legally OK. Before ACA insurance companies were a power into themselves. ACA has changed that. I would rather trust government on this program than business. You can get rid of a politician but business is only interestered in making a buck. If i dident like my insurance I had the choice of paying what ever they asked for what ever coverage they chose to give me or do without. That has changed and for the better I think.