Obama may have lied, or "misspoke" after all

Rockhead

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 12:11 am
@Baldimo,
you know...

if you just got rid of all the sick people and the poor people, the rest of you would have so much more cool stuff...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 10:36 am
@RABEL222,
You're a joke Rabel. I have always had insurance through whatever company I work for. No public trough for me dude, I work for what I have and I don't expect handouts. I so don't believe in drinking from the public trough, that I have refused to accept the SSI that I would get for my handicapped child. I never expected anyone to feel bad for me, I'm just pointing out that this ACA law all you guys have been salivating over isn't working out. Premiums have increased, more people have received cancellation notices then have signed up in all of the exchanges combined. 400,000 people have taken Medicaid which is free for them but costs the taxpayers. The ACA so far up to this point has done more damage to the health insurance system then it has done good.

We can all agree on the good side of the ACA. No more pre-existing conditions, and no more being kicked off of your insurance for stupid reasons. But those could have been done without the mandates for coverage.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 03:15 pm
@Baldimo,
You mean its a joke that I am paying $16,000 a year for my free health care, or a joke because my new insurance isent going to cost me any more than I am paying now? Which joke are you talking about?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 11:15 am
@Linkat,
It's possible that he had an ulterior motivation, although I saw him speak (TV) and say he didn't want her to run - but the bottom line is - making good your word is something I wholeheartedly agree with. Obama lied and was sloppy with the personal lives of a hell of a lot of people.

I know many people are thankful for the change - but it is quite a **** to eff with people's personal insurance. I can't imagine what it must be like to get a letter stating that my insurance is now more expensive than it was - or that my particular coverage is no longer available. AFTER my president, who took it upon himself to **** with it (pardon), promised it wouldn't change.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 11:34 am
@Lash,
and this is what happens as a result of that bad behavior:

Quote:
The President’s low 37% approval rating also represents another embarrassing second-term milestone. According to Gallup, the President’s rating is less than just three percentage points from President Nixon’s second-term average of 34.4% (from January 1973 – August 1974.)
Historically, Nixon’s second term represents the epic fall of a President and the unraveling of the American people’s trust in their President.

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/bill-kellys-truth-squad/2013/nov/20/obamas-37-approval-rating-approaches-nixons-second/#ixzz2lIourmbh
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter
parados

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 11:47 am
@hawkeye10,
Obama made you make what is clearly a bad comparison? Comparing a single poll to the average of polls over a 20 month time frame is poor science and bad logic.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 11:55 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Obama made you make what is clearly a bad comparison? Comparing a single poll to the average of polls over a 20 month time frame is poor science and bad logic.

come now, you are not following the script. The come back is "it is all the Republicans fault" or optionally as Oprah did last week "it is racism because O'man is black".
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 03:59 pm
@Lash,
So its Obamas fault the insurance companies jacked up insurance rates that were already too high? They and the repubs are the ones who defeated Single Payer which might have reduced premiums due to competition.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 04:26 pm
@RABEL222,
So now the problem is a lack of single payer? Come on, my rates went up $200 a month. We were told we would see premiums drop by $2500 a year, instead they went up, my premiums went up $2400 a year, not down. Keep in mind it was Obama and the Dems who were pushing this bullshit narrative about prices going down. Those of us who were against the law knew there was no way this would bring down costs, and we were right. Now the left is screaming that it is the Insurance companies fault. Once again they are only working within the law as the Dems wrote it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 07:45 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
So its Obamas fault the insurance companies jacked up insurance rates that were already too high? They and the repubs are the ones who defeated Single Payer which might have reduced premiums due to competition.

In order for single payer to be defeated, wouldn't there first have to be some sort of push to implement it?
RABEL222

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 10:25 pm
@oralloy,
Obama gave it up as a concession to those who dident want a national health plan. You already know this but I post it for others who might not be aware of this. I think it was a blunder larger than the computer program screw up.
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 10:31 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
oralloy wrote:
RABEL222 wrote:

In order for single payer to be defeated, wouldn't there first have to be some sort of push to implement it?

Obama gave it up as a concession to those who dident want a national health plan. You already know this but I post it for others who might not be aware of this. I think it was a blunder larger than the computer program screw up.

My recollection is that Obama pursued health care exchanges from the start, and never pursued a single payer system.
revelette

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 07:10 am
How Does the Affordable Care Act Affect People Who Buy Health Insurance in the Individual Market?

Quote:
Public debate around the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has focused recently on recipients of private, individual (non-group) insurance whose health plans are being terminated and who fear they may need to pay more for new coverage. This report offers a new perspective on this issue: It estimates the number of consumers who will become eligible for new financial help that will make premiums more affordable, and it looks at the percentage of people in the individual market who stay in that market for more than one year, a portion of whom historically may have had an offer to keep the same plan in this market. An accompanying infographic also offers a more visual perspective of the issue.

The individual market covers 5.7 percent of the non-elderly population—a small slice of all insured Americans. The overwhelming majority of those people will obtain more affordable coverage under the health care law because they will be income-eligible for financial assistance to help pay for comprehensive insurance at a lower cost. Individuals with household incomes that do not exceed four times the federal poverty level ($94,200 for a family of four in 2013)1 are income-eligible for either premium tax credit subsidies to buy coverage in the new health insurance marketplaces2 or Medicaid, which charges no premiums for most enrollees.3

Conversely, the number of people at risk of not keeping their current individual health insurance and who also will not be income-eligible for financial help to purchase new coverage under the Affordable Care Act is less than 1 percent of the non-elderly population.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 07:28 am
@oralloy,
His objective from the beginning is to create a single payer system. He said as much when he said 23 years ago that his plan will ultimately phase out the private market. Yet he knew he could not begin with a single payer system, so this is what he created, a system doomed to fail.

Wait until the corporate waiver expires next year. Then you will see the private market begin to shrink.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 07:55 pm
Of course he lied.

He knew what he was saying was not true and he repeated in over 25 times.

If that's not lying what is?

Yet we live in a country where people will willingly either deny the liar is a liar, excuse the lying liar's lying ways, or try, with pathetic sanctimony, to change the subject.

He lied, and this was, by no means, the first time.

Please, please, please...spare me comparisons with folks whom you believe were also liars. It's meaningless, unless you believe truth has ideological relativity.

By any definition of the word "lie," he lied.

If you wish to argue that there are good lies and this was one, then do so and stop the nonsense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 10:03 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
RABEL222 wrote:
oralloy wrote:
RABEL222 wrote:

My recollection is that Obama pursued health care exchanges from the start, and never pursued a single payer system.

Out of curiosity, when you were talking about "a single payer system", did you really mean "the Public Option"?

If so, you were wrong in at least two ways.

First, the Public Option was never a single payer system. It is regular ordinary insurance, just with lots of government oversight.

And second, the Public Option was never given up. It was just renamed.

What was once called the Public Option is now known as the Multi-State Plan. It is currently available in more than half the states.

http://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/multi-state-plan-program/

http://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/multi-state-plan-program/opm-multi-state-plan-program-fact-sheet/
0 Replies

Juddles

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 07:57 am
@mysteryman,
I have been trying to get Health coverage since January through Market place. I have not yet got covered.. The marketplace lost my app. between them and BCBS. Then got that fixed and now that I have payed my Premiums the government still has not paid their part. So BCBS is showing my coverage as inactive.My Husband has Health problems and I have told them this and still nothing. The MarketPlace sends it to the Caseworker which in return is to contact BCBS. But the supervisors at MarketPlace has no way of contacting a Caseworker or checking on the progress of your complaint. This MarketPlace is a Joke. No one up there knows what they are doing or how to resolve any problems. Who do I contact to complain about the MarketPlace and ObamaCare?
0 Replies