Obama may have lied, or "misspoke" after all

woiyo

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 11:14 am
@RABEL222,
Is Obama the boss? If so, he is responsible.

He lied to get the bill passed. If he did not lie, then he did not know the law as it was written, either because he did not read it or "no one told him". Either way, he is the boss.

He hires Sebelius, to run the HHS Dept. She is directly responsible. So either she did not tell Obama the problems or she lied to him? Either way, she is responsible.

All you make is excuses just like Obama and Sebelius make excuses.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 11:19 am
@RABEL222,
using that logic it is never the commander in chiefs fault when we lose a war because he is not a trained soldier. wrong. Obama had an obligation to learn up on web site building enough that he could lead in building healthcare.gov. I have read analysis that this effort was fucked before the first line of code was written, because the process was jacked up by stupid management, which is Obama's fault.
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 11:35 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Because Obama isent a computer programer. He like you and me had to rely on the people who know about this stuff. He was probably not told of all the problems because people were trying to cover their ass. The trouble wasent with the top people, it was with the lower people in the bureaucracy

So Obama or no person at the top should be held responsible? They are - they are responsible for who they hire - obviously they did not hire the right people.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 11:47 am
@RABEL222,
You guys are living in a dream land if you don't think this law has had an effect on everyone. I would have expected my insurance to go up a little each year, and in the past it has. $20 or $50 a month would be understandable, but not $200. It is the same policy I had last year. In fact I'm going to have to change the plan to save money. We are not really going to miss out on much but the ability to see Doctors outside the network of Doctors for UMR.

You guys are painting the doom and gloom situation which has never come up and wouldn't come up. Look who lives in a state of fear and wants to spread that fear to everyone else about the evil insurance companies. We have had enough approvals from the insurance company for procedures that if it were going to happen it would have happened already. From my wife's hysterectomy and soon to be gastric bypass to my sons cochlear implant. No issues what so ever, so you can excuse me if I don't appreciate the govt attempt to further "protect me" from those greedy bastards.

The issues with the ACA reach out further then just me though. Over 5 million people have received cancellation notices of their old plans. As of yesterday, there were only about 50,000 people who signed up for insurance via the govt website. On the flip side over 400,000 people have signed up for Medicare.

Based on those #'s, we are looking at a net drain for the ACA so far. No value added, but value has been removed plus almost 5 million people now have to get new insurance and you fucks are hoping they go the exchange route. How money of those 5 million are going to qualify for Medicaid and continue the drain?
Rockhead

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 11:50 am
@Baldimo,
as someone denied coverage for over 6 years, I say wholeheartedly...

**** you, and the insurance companies.
revelette

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 11:50 am
@Linkat,
Correct, they obviously didn't hire the right people, and Obama didn't say that some people would have (less then five percent) would have their insurance cancelled if their policy didn't meet the minimum standards.

Anyone remember the glitches of the Prescription Drug Program?

HHS Works to Fix Drug Plan Woes
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 11:58 am
@Baldimo,
we spent $430 billion for medicaid last year, thanks to obamacare we will have that up to half a trillion lickity split!

thanks.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 12:11 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Quote:
Because Obama isent a computer programer. He like you and me had to rely on the people who know about this stuff. He was probably not told of all the problems because people were trying to cover their ass. The trouble wasent with the top people, it was with the lower people in the bureaucracy

So Obama or no person at the top should be held responsible? They are - they are responsible for who they hire - obviously they did not hire the right people.

word is that they did not have management that was focused on producing a good site, that the process was thoroughly corrupted by political hacks. lets remember that the ill fated very late decision to make everyone create a profile that was vetted before they could look at plans was a 100% political decision.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 12:33 pm
@Rockhead,
Which did you end up with Rockhead? Did you go for Medicaid or did you get a regular though your state exchange? What you paying for that policy and what does it include?

Since it's a **** me for caring about me, lets see what you got out of this experience.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 12:43 pm
@Baldimo,
I will not accept medicaid.

but I live in a state that still thinks they are gonna kill the ACA and it just won't happen.

so I am waiting for them to get their **** together before I buy anything...

you're a saint.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 12:53 pm
@Rockhead,
This is why you should be going on www.healthcare.gov. I'm not a Saint, but I'm waiting for people such as yourself to put your money where your mouth is. You wanted a change so badly, now your waiting?

I'm also still waiting to find out why you think I should go **** myself. Please explain.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 01:04 pm
@Baldimo,
when you guys quit trying to kill it, I will buy in.

you will forgive my distrust of the system so far. it has fucked me hard, and you advocate returning to it for your personal comfort.

if you need more explanation than that, you are too dense for serious conversation...
Baldimo

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 02:06 pm
@Rockhead,
I didn't see an issue with the old system. Sounds like you had a sour run at things, but you don't change a system that works for the vast majority of Americans. Now we are all effected. Just like a liberal, spread the misery so no one can be happy.
roger

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:31 pm
@Rockhead,

Rockhead wrote:

I will not accept medicaid.

There was probably a time when I might have said the same thing. Sometimes, you give into the idea that while you disapprove, you are going to have yield from necessity. I accept VA medical benefits in certain cases. Am I a veteran? Sure! Viet Nam ERA veteran. Serve six months in what is defined as the Viet Nam Era, and BANG, you're a veteran. If your service doesn't meet that six month requirement by any amount and it's "Sorry Charlie".

Oh, there's another veteran's benefit. If you're VA eligible, you don't have to screw around with ACA!

ETA: Oh, I was never in combat nor Southeast Asia, and have no service connected disability.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 03:48 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Do you think Clinton spoke up in hopes to help his wife for re-election?

No, I don't. If the fat man from NJ runs against Mrs. Clinton, she'll win big time.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
Where did I say he wasent at fault at all. I am saying it is stupid to blame the president for something the whole government is involved in. You people are the ones using faulty logic not me. Where in this mess is congress except holding hearings to make political points instead of trying to cure the problems and help to get a law they passed to work for everyone? And covering ones ass is what is wrong with our so called political ruling class.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:44 pm
@revelette,
That was the republican Bush. Republicans are allowed to screw up big time any time.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:46 pm
@RABEL222,
Funny thing Rabel, the GOP didn't vote for the ACA. It was driven by the Dems, so the GOP has no responsibility to offer solutions to something they didn't vote for in the first place. They are doing what I expect them to do, make the Dems life a pain in the ass as much as possible.

RABEL222

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:50 pm
@Baldimo,
You should rethink that, as long as I get mine **** the rest of the world, attitude you and many others on this site have. As I stated eariler my insurance cost is a wash, as far as I can tell. Dropped my premium raised my drug costs. At 78 I figured if anyones costs were going to escalate it would be mine.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:54 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Where did I say he wasent at fault at all. I am saying it is stupid to blame the president for something the whole government is involved in. You people are the ones using faulty logic not me. Where in this mess is congress except holding hearings to make political points instead of trying to cure the problems and help to get a law they passed to work for everyone? And covering ones ass is what is wrong with our so called political ruling class.

One way to cure the problem is to repeal the law. Just because you don 't agree with the solution doesn't mean it isn't a viable one.
0 Replies