Obama may have lied, or "misspoke" after all

Baldimo

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:56 pm
@RABEL222,
Why should it change? You aren't looking after my best interests and no one else is either. That is my duty, to look out for my interests, and you look out for yours.

The ACA did nothing for a majority of Americans but maybe increase the cost of their insurance or make them change plans because the govt didn't think they were able to chose what was best for them. That's the problem, the govt thinks it knows my interests better then I do, and they don't.

Thank you ACA for taking more money out of my pocket and giving me nothing in return. If nothing changed for the majority of people in the US why did things change then?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:56 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Is Obama the boss? If so, he is responsible.

He lied to get the bill passed. If he did not lie, then he did not know the law as it was written, either because he did not read it or "no one told him". Either way, he is the boss.

He hires Sebelius, to run the HHS Dept. She is directly responsible. So either she did not tell Obama the problems or she lied to him? Either way, she is responsible.

All you make is excuses just like Obama and Sebelius make excuses

What does being responsible mean when it come to government officials? Nothing. They all gravely pronounce that they are responsible, but without consequences what does it mean?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:05 pm
@Baldimo,
Funny thing Baldy, congress passed it, The supreme court OKed it. Its the law of the land. As far as no republicans voting for it that only shows that the republican party is obstructionist as hell. This plan was thought up by republicans and first used by a republican governor. Remember Romney? Some of the garbage Bush thought up wasent wanted by a majority of democrats but some voted their conscience and voted for them. Thats the difference between governing for all the people and running for congress 12 months a year.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:17 pm
@RABEL222,
No Rabel it shows that they knew it was a bad law that would have far reaching consequences. 100,000 have signed up between the healthcare.org and the state exchanges, while 400,000 people have signed up for Medicaid, while over 5 million have received cancellation notices.

Romney said "his" plan was never meant for Federal govt use, and that it should be left to the states to do their own thing.

I'm waiting for the good news. I'm waiting for my health insurance premiums to go down like I was promised. So far nothing good has come out of this law but people getting more free **** while the rest of us pay for it.

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:32 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
So far nothing good has come out of this law but people getting more free **** while the rest of us pay for it.
that would be true if the government paid its bills out of income (taxes), which is not even close to true. nobody is paying for all of this candy that Washington is handing out, which Obama knows damn well, which is why he cant wait to get ObamaCare up and running . the theory is that once people see how much free **** we are getting from ObamaCare we will all be thrilled and praise Obama.

Am I the only one who is alarmed that the selling of ObamaCare has always assumed that the citizens are largely ignorant and immoral?
roger

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Just because it's alarming doesn't mean the assumption was invalid.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:50 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Just because it's alarming doesn't mean the assumption was invalid.
sure, and we can add that only now does america understand the ramification of ObamaCare where millions of individual plans get cancelled, where were the journalists? supposedly we will see next year that loads of employer plans will also get cancelled because they too dont meet the new laws standards, but very few people are talking about that yet. lets see..... journalism does not work, the government proves yet again that it cant manage things, the people are stupid and immoral....so ya, I dont see America getting any repairs any time soon.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:35 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
And covering ones ass is what is wrong with our so called political ruling class.

That I whole heartedly agree with. I would not say that I support either political party at this point - I dislike them all. I am for voting out all incumbents and cleaning house. Very few seem to have redeeming qualities.
Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:38 am
@Baldimo,
Although I may agree that the GOP did not vote for this - doesn't matter they are part of the political system and should help to resolve the problem rather than try to determine who is at fault. I know at work often times I am not responsible for the dumb decisions made by those above me - but I still need to deal with them and try to work within it.

I would hope the American people are smart enough to determine this on their own.
panzade

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 08:39 am
@Linkat,
you are not alone; a new low

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BY5ZNY6CQAAQ396.png:large
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 09:46 am
@Baldimo,
so.

you don't care that the old system was allowed to screw people when they got sick, as long as it wasn't you and yours.

how very republican of you.

finny would be proud.

as long as the misery seems to affect only poor folks, it's all good...
panzade

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 09:52 am
@Rockhead,
Rocky, this fella seems to agree with you...

I'm quoting Robert Reich:

Quote:
Democrats are showing once again they have the backbones of banana slugs.....

spineless Democrats (including my former boss Bill Clinton) are caving in to Republican-fueled outrage that the President “misled” Americans into thinking they could keep their old lousy policies—and are now urging the White House to forget the new standards and go back to allowing insurers to offer whatever crap they were offering before (exposing families to more than $12,700 in out-of-pocket expenses, canceling the policies of people who get seriously sick, failing to cover prescription drugs, and so on). ...

Can we please get a grip? Whenever industry standards are lifted – a higher minimum wage, safer workplaces, non-toxic foods and drugs, safer cars – people no longer have the “freedom” to contract for the sub-standard goods and services.

But that freedom is usually a mirage because big businesses have most of the power and average people don’t really have a choice. This has been especially the case with health insurance, which is why minimum standards are essential.

Yes, the President might have spelled this out a bit more clearly beforehand, explaining that 95 percent of us aren’t in the private insurance market to begin with and won’t be affected, and that most of the 2 percent who lose their lousy policies and have to take better and more expensive ones will be subsidized.

But right now he needs all the support he can muster to hold insurers' feet to the fire. Democrats should stand firm.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 10:27 am
@panzade,
You have to remember Panzade, Obamacare was sold with that being one of the major selling points. Now, 5 million+ people have found out that it was a lie... I really hope all 5 million of those voters vote Republican next cycle as do all their friends and families.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 10:33 am
@Baldimo,
No Baldy it shows that they are better at playing politics than governing. Lowering the debt by lowering taxes on the very rich is just one example of playing to the big money and screwing the majority.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 10:53 am
@Rockhead,
There are portions of the ACA which we all agree are good changes. That doesn't mean you turn the whole system on it's head. The ACA taken in smaller parts would have been a much better choice then what we have been stuck with.

The President said it himself, 95% of people won't be effected, well we know that isn't true now don't we. People like myself have seen a massive increase in my insurance cost, and no I don't think it is worth screwing myself to help others. That is stupid and counter productive. Lets lower my standard of living so someone else can have something?

You have basically admitted that you don't care about me getting screwed as long as you get yours, how very Liberal of you.
Miller

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 11:10 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I would hope the American people are smart enough ...

Well now, we know those who voted for Mr. Obama weren't all that smart, don't we?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 11:14 am
@Baldimo,
"You have basically admitted that you don't care about me getting screwed as long as you get yours, how very Liberal of you. "

no I didn't.

when all else fails pull something out of your ass and add a "liberal" insult.

maroon...
Miller

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 11:18 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Am I the only one who is alarmed that the selling of ObamaCare has always assumed that the citizens are largely ignorant and...

Those voters who voted for Obama and many of whom claimed they "liked" him because he was "so cute" have now gotten what they deserve.
Like Obama's old Chicago minister from 95th St and Michigan Ave said, before Obama threw the Rev under the bus, "The chickens have finally come home to roost."
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 11:41 am
@Rockhead,
Like you did any better with your comment about "how republican of me". Get off the high horse Rockhead, you don't have insurance yet and you wouldn't want to hurt yourself.

It comes down to this. You think it is ok for me to have less some someone else can have more. I work for what I have, and I think I should be entitled to all of it. If I chose to share, which I do through a few different charities, then that is my right. You and your ilk shouldn't try and guilt me into giving things up.

Do I think my cost of insurance should go up to help others? Hell no. I already pay my fair share and I have taken the responsible steps to make sure I could provide for my family. I don't have a college education but I work hard, and I have busted my ass to get to where I am now. 3 years ago I was making about 30k a year. Today I'm making closer to 78k a year and I want to make sure I get what I have earned.

I know you don't care, but my insurance climbed $200 a month, which is about $2400 a year. My total primium cost for the year is going to be about $7000. So my 78k a year just got chopped down to 71k a year. So excuse me if my personal income is important to me.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 05:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Poor baby. My wife and I pay around $16,000 a year in total health costs on $45k/year. No, i dont feel sorry for you. I think you have been sucking at the public trough long enough. Start paying your share and shut up.