Obama may have lied, or "misspoke" after all

Rockhead

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:15 pm
@Baldimo,
it's not about people being happy.

it's about insurance remaining profitable as an industry...
panzade

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:15 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
what is wrong with me pointing out my story

nothing and I missed the link
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:22 pm
@Rockhead,
I see no problem with that either. How many people work at those types of companies? What would you do eliminate the insurance companies and have all their workers end up in govt work or on welfare?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:25 pm
@Baldimo,
then quit your bitching.

or do you wish to go back and let them exclude sick people so your insurance costs you less. (until you get sick or lose your job)
RABEL222

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:26 pm
@Baldimo,
You mean like telling people who they can and who they cannot marry, and whether they can or cannot have a baby, and whether they can or cannot use birth control or if they have to have a baby even if some good christian raped them in order to get them pregnant? All good democratic policies. Oh wait, those are conservative religious GOP policies. I may have to rethink my post.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:33 pm
@Rockhead,
I'll quite my bitching when you quite yours!

Your all or nothing proposal doesn't fix anything. I would rather pay for what I want then being told what I need. If I want a policy that only covers something major then that should be what I pay for. I can't have kids and neither can my wife but we have to have maternity insurance and birth control insurance. Why?

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:35 pm
@RABEL222,
Your rant is pointless. It has nothing to do with Obama's lies/misspeak. Besides I do not support any of the things you have mentioned. Try it on someone who feels that way.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:36 pm
@Baldimo,
I made no proposal, I'm just shooting holes in your flimsy arguments.

I've not made any endorsements of the current mess, other than that at least the exclusionary practices will be eliminated...
Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:39 pm
@Rockhead,
You shot no holes in anything. You espoused a false premise about changing the ACA.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:43 pm
@Baldimo,
I'm sorry.

I forgot this was a thread for you guys to bash mr obama.

enjoy yourselves now, ya hear...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:45 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I mean changing it so their home, if they are lucky enough to have one, can be passed on to their children.

You can do this - it is simple to set up a trust that will protect your home as an asset so medical bills/nursing home, etc. cannot be taken to pay these bills. And it isn't that costly for a lawyer to draw up the paperwork. I know I helped my mom and her home is worth maybe $200k - she wanted to leave something to her grandchildren even if it isn't huge dollars.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:48 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
If they are happy with what they have shouldn't they be allowed to keep it?

I have to agree with this. But I don't like the government deciding certain things for me. I am intelligent enough to be able to decide which insurance I want. I am happy (not 100% it is still expensive) - but overall content with what I have. For the price combined with the coverage we get and our situation, I feel it fits best for us compared to others. For the government to take it away, I'd be pissed.

Fortunately I still can have this option - I checked all my health plans and other benefits today just to make sure.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 05:38 pm
First off, from what I've read, the President misspoke. Though I don't think he lied.

Second. Let's put this in perspective.

Jonathan Gruber, the guy that oversaw Massachusetts health reform believes that the total number of insured hurt by ACA is 3%.

80% who are insured by their employer or the government will see no change at all
14% are currently uninsured and stand to gain.

That leaves 6% who will receive a cancellation letter and half of them will enroll in a new plan and see no change.

I feel bad for the remaining 3% but I know of no law enacted that benefits 100 of the American population.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 05:49 pm
@panzade,
How about the cost of Insurance going up? Today was the first day of our open enrollment for my works health insurance. I just found out in the last hour or so, that my insurance is going to go up by about $175 a month, that is almost a 50% increase. So much for Affordable Insurance!
panzade

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 06:22 pm
@Baldimo,
That sucks!
Is there no way you can shop for a similar plan at the same price?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 06:49 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

That sucks!
Is there no way you can shop for a similar plan at the same price?

no, anything else was not acceptable to Obama, so those choices needed to be removed for our own good.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 07:22 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
I feel bad for the remaining 3% but I know of no law enacted that benefits 100 of the American population.

There's no need to feel bad. I'm looking at the end of rescissions, and I'm a happy camper.

I am not complaining about having to switch plans. I was just objecting to the claim that all the old plans were cut rate with inferior coverage.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 07:25 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
How about the cost of Insurance going up? Today was the first day of our open enrollment for my works health insurance. I just found out in the last hour or so, that my insurance is going to go up by about $175 a month, that is almost a 50% increase. So much for Affordable Insurance!

Keep in mind though that you'll no longer risk rescission once you really need your insurance.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 07:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
How about the cost of Insurance going up?

That's a silly argument. The cost of "Insurance" has gone up slower than any time in the last 20 years.

The fact that your personal insurance is going up doesn't say anything about Obamacare. You can't blame Obamacare for the fact that you are older this year than last. Health insurance is more expensive the older you get.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 07:48 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
How about the cost of Insurance going up?

That's a silly argument. The cost of "Insurance" has gone up slower than any time in the last 20 years.

The fact that your personal insurance is going up doesn't say anything about Obamacare. You can't blame Obamacare for the fact that you are older this year than last. Health insurance is more expensive the older you get.
who cares

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/2013_09_HealthCareCosts3.png