Obama may have lied, or "misspoke" after all

Miller

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 10:53 am
@Linkat,
BC/BS in Ma is now sending out copies of your expenditures/charges that your doctor and healthcare facility/hospital are charging. BC/BS reduces the charge allowed, but it's a clear indication that healthcare providers and health facilities are charging way too much.

For a normal mammogram, in an adult woman, why should the charge be relegated to 4 different categories? Lumped in the bill, somewhere there is a facility charge and a charge for the technician. I'd guess that they are also charging for the use of the gown a woman wears during her test, the use of the waiting room, and Lord only knows what else. Oh, of course, there's the fee to have the radiologist read the film and probably a fee for the resident fellow's assistance.
Miller

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 11:00 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I think that even in the USA the costs for getting driven by an ambulance, stay in hospital, get an operation, talk to your family doctor, get doctor's visit at home, go to the dentist's, get rehabilitation, etc etc, increase every. So does health insurance - actually nearly every insurance.

The interesting thing about medical care in the US, is that individuals who have the best insurance plans rarely need them or even use them. However, taking a good look at individuals on Medicaid ( the free health plan for the poor), it's apparent, that since the "care" is free, individuals usually make a hobby of visiting a different doctor every 3-4 weeks. One month it's the eyes, the next month it's the colon, then the feet, the stomach, the skin...etc.

That means more Rxs submitted to the patient and more tests. All add up to a large sum, the US tax payer has to pay down the line.

In some ways it sounds like the situation concerning unemployment in the US. The longer a person stays on unemployment benefits, the less likely he/she will gain employment. ( Those who proposed this theory went on to win a Nobel prize)
Miller

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 11:02 am
@Linkat,
Now that everything has settled down for your family, be sure to save like a mad woman for the next financial downfall, if one should appear on the horizon.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 11:06 am
@Miller,
so you are proposing we cut off health care to the poor so they can quit being lazy and get healthy?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 11:11 am
@Miller,
the costs related to the pursuit of profits is less interesting than the costs related to inefficient operations. too much unneeded and over priced technology and too much time spent trying to get paid addva huge chunk to our healthcare bill.
Miller

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 11:15 am
Lack of money makes a person poor. The solution to avoiding poverty is to make money.

Nothing wrong with working and saving. Each man carrying his/her fair share in this world.

Do you think it's fun to slaughter hogs in an Iowa "kill pit" in temps higher than 100 F. But it's done, and men/women who do this mean and nasty job make a decent living, pay off their debts, own their own home and put their kids through college. All without being a burden on anyone else. It's called being grown up, mature and responsible.

It avoids the welfare-tit.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 11:19 am
@Miller,
you are full of bigoted ****.

a whole lot of things can make a person poor.

including health problems and insurance companies...

(you worked in a kill pit?)
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 11:56 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:
and the reason that costs were "down" was because they were denying coverage and kicking out the sick people.

it's simple math.

if they have to take everyone, and not just the healthy people, costs are gonna go up.

non profit medicine is looking better all the time...

Wish I could give more than one thumbs up.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 11:56 am
@Miller,
Quote:
Lack of money makes a person poor.

So brilliant it should be your sig line

Quote:
The solution to avoiding poverty is to make money.

see above

Quote:
Nothing wrong with working and saving.

Who's gonna argue with that?

Quote:
Each man carrying his/her fair share in this world.

Like Rocky said. Life don't work that way

Quote:
It's called being grown up, mature and responsible.

No. Being grown up and responsible means you have a conscience and help those needier that you.

Being immature means you bawl when you're asked to share your M&Ms with the other 6 year-olds at recess.

I bet you make $50,000 a year and yet you won't give up $6.96 annually to help fund welfare. Or $36.82 to underwrite food stamps.

You got yours...the hell with everyone else.

woiyo

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 12:17 pm
@panzade,
How much, as a percentage of your salary, do you give to charity?
panzade

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 12:18 pm
@woiyo,
more than you do
Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 12:31 pm
@Miller,
that must be new or newer - my brother who works at BI in Boston said that the hospital there said they have lump sum charges per room. He had at one time did a visiting nurse and when he worked in FL, they charged for every little thing so much per pill and so forth. He said he wouldn't record some things for patients he knew couldn't afford $10 for an aspirn for instance. He said he liked the Boston hospitals better because they didn't do that.

But maybe the hospitals are different than say going to a lab?
Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 12:32 pm
@Miller,
yeah - my next concern is after I prepared appropriately for retirement via 401k and IRA - the government is going to do something to screw that up for me.
panzade

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 12:45 pm
@woiyo,
Quote:
more than you do

That's as stupid a reply as I've ever posted. and I apologize.
Your straw-man sucked me in.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 03:25 pm
@Rockhead,
No. He is proposing cutting health care to the poor so they can die and save him some money.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 04:20 pm
Well my open enrollment has been completed. I have the same exact plan I had last year and it is going to cost me $210 more a month for the same plan.

Who said our premium's were suppose to drop and insurance was supposed to be cheaper?
Rockhead

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 04:20 pm
@RABEL222,
he is a she.

http://www.glamour.com/images/beauty/2013/10/wicked-witch-wizard-of-oz-w724.jpg
panzade

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 05:02 pm
@Baldimo,
That is unsettling.
I heard on NRP tonight that there is bipartisan legislation being readied that would let the insured choose not to change plans if they wished.
Hope this is true.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 05:09 pm
@Rockhead,
Really!! Shocked
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 07:17 pm
@mysteryman,
Irrespective of whether you approve of Obama or ObamaCare, Obama lied.

He didn't "misspeak," and it wasn't a slip of the tongue.

On more than 20 occassions he told the American people that if they liked their health insurance plans they could keep them. Numerous times he punctuated his promise with "period."

His policy advisors objected to these claims but his political advisors had their way, and so he repeatedly told the American people a lie.

You can quibble that he may not have known it was a lie, but what does this say about his leadership?

He is a liar as is his entire administration.

They have taken governmental lying to a new high (or low).

They are counting on all of you sycophants to excuse the lies.