My first choice for the next President

Real Music

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 07:23 pm
@Lash,

I tried to click on your link.

The link requires me to subscribe in order to access the link.

So, I wasn't able to access this particular link without subscribing first.
Real Music

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 07:28 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Bernie supports Elizabeth Warren. They are good friends and they respect each other.
Smile
AGREED

AGREED

AGREED
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 07:34 pm
@Real Music,
What a huge surprise. I wonder why they didn’t ask me to subscribe. Wonders never cease.
Real Music

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 07:35 pm
Wells Fargo Chairman & CEO John Stumpf testifies at the Senate Banking
Committee over the fraudulent accounts scandal, answering questions from
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Massachusetts) about the bank's cross-selling tactics.

Published September 20, 2016
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 07:44 pm
@Lash,
They wanted me to subscribe also. I had the option of going to Facebook but I don't have an account.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 07:52 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/observer.com/2016/11/sen-warren-turns-her-back-on-native-americans-after-exploiting-them/amp/

Liz profits herself on the backs of suffering native Americans and when she has a chance to vindicate herself by standing up for them when Obama’s government attacks them, she cowers away and lets the attacks continue.

She’s a liar and a grotesque opportunist.

Excerpt:

Sen. Warren Turns Her Back on Native Americans After Exploiting Them

This lack of commitment to touted principles has come to define Elizabeth Warren’s political career

By Michael Sainato • 11/21/16 10:00am

Sen. Elizabeth Warren speaks during a campaign rally with democratic presidential nominee former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at St Saint Anselm College on October 24, 2016 in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren speaks during a campaign rally with democratic presidential nominee former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at St Saint Anselm College on October 24, 2016 in Manchester, New Hampshire. Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
Sen. Elizabeth Warren has garnered criticism over the past few years for her failure to corroborate a claim that she is part Native American. “Warren has claimed Cherokee and Delaware Indian heritage, but the only proof so far seems to be stories she says she heard from family members as a child,” reported The Washington Post. “Cherokee groups have demanded documentation of the candidate’s Native American ancestry, but she hasn’t delivered.” Warren was touted as Native American while serving as a faculty member at Harvard, and her Republican opponents have argued Warren used the claim to boost her career academically and professionally.

When Warren responded to Donald Trump pejoratively calling her “Pocahontas” during the presidential election, she failed to defend Native Americans, only reverting to calling Trump a “loser.” In an Op-Ed published by CNN, Simon Moya-Smith, the culture editor at Indian Country Today, demanded Warren apologize to Native Americans. “Ever since the controversy surrounding her contested background became public discourse in 2012, when she ran for the U.S. Senate, Warren has avoided Indian country like an ex,” he wrote. “That is seriously problematic for Native Americans.” He added, “Warren continues to perpetuate a false reality of who Native Americans are today, while in turn, inadvertently or not, encouraging the claims of millions of convenient Indians who self-identify as Native American for their own gain.”

The Dakota Access Pipeline presented an opportunity for Warren to save face and fight for the rights of Native Americans. The efforts of the Standing Rock Sioux to stop the pipeline have developed into a broader movement for indigenous rights across the country, but again Warren is nowhere to be found in this fight.

This lack of commitment to touted principles has come to define Warren’s political career. Her neutrality during the Democratic primaries illuminated her political cowardice as she avoided risking her career by sitting on the fence until a clear winner appeared.

Democrats portray themselves as champions of identity politics, only to abandon these principles when any political risks are attached to doing so. Mass incarceration still plagues the prison system, with Democrats exerting little effort to reform it.

President Obama’s deportation policies better reflect rhetoric from Donald Trump than the rhetoric favored by most Democrats on the issue. Obamacare has devolved into an institution favoring health insurance companies over the uninsured working and middle class Americans for which it was allegedly created. Under the Obama Administration, wealth inequality has continued to increase while more money pours into election campaign coffers than ever before. Obama and Democrats tout climate change as a polarizing issue between Democrats and Republicans, yet Obama has presided over the biggest increase in oil production in American history.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 07:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You people are supposed to be interested in the truth of what goes on but never seem to know these things.

I don't know who you are referring to when you say "You people."

But, as far as to me being interested in the truth.

Yes I am interested in the truth.

As far as knowing what things are going on, I know a lot more than you give me credit for.

What I don't know is that the claims made about Elizabeth Warren are factual.

What I don't know is that the claims made about Elizabeth Warren aren't misleading.

What I don't know is that the claims made about Elizabeth Warrant aren't taken out of context.

I really do wish that you Edgar and Lash would stop making claims and accusations without any sort of source to back up your claims.

Provide a link to an article.

Provide a link to a video.

That way each one of us can view the article or video and make our own determination of the validity of the article or the video.
Real Music

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 10:15 pm
Elizabeth Warren Talks Rejecting Fox News Town Hall |
The View

Published May 30, 2019
Real Music

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 10:27 pm
Published on July 22, 2010

Sen. Sanders took part in a Capitol Hill press conference on to call for the appointment of Prof. Elizabeth Warren
to lead the new consumer financial protection bureau.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 10:33 pm
Published November 6, 2017

Elizabeth Warren & Bernie Sanders
Break Down the GOP Tax Plan

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 10:37 pm
Published December 22, 2017

Elizabeth Warren & Bernie Sanders:
Democratic Priorities in our Budget

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 10:49 pm
Published January 2, 2019

Senator Elizabeth Warren, in her first interview since announcing the launch of an exploratory committee
for a run for president in 2020, talks with Rachel Maddow about where Donald Trump and the corruption
in his administration fits in the spectrum of Republican politics.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2019 11:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
My prediction is that if things keep progressing as they are now.... you will see a three person race between Biden, Warren and Sanders. Sanders will drop out and throw his support behind Warren.

It is way too early to make predictions.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 03:15 am
@Real Music,
She was too afraid of a confrontation because she has no conviction of conscience. She’s an opportunistic carpetbagger.
Lash

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 03:17 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Quote:
You people are supposed to be interested in the truth of what goes on but never seem to know these things.

I don't know who you are referring to when you say "You people."

But, as far as to me being interested in the truth.

Yes I am interested in the truth.

As far as knowing what things are going on, I know a lot more than you give me credit for.

What I don't know is that the claims made about Elizabeth Warren are factual.

What I don't know is that the claims made about Elizabeth Warren aren't
misleading.

What I don't know is that the claims made about Elizabeth Warrant aren't taken out of context.

I really do wish that you Edgar and Lash would stop making claims and accusations without any sort of source to back up your claims.

Provide a link to an article.

Provide a link to a video.

That way each one of us can view the article or video and make our own determination of the validity of the article or the video.

I really do with that you’d stop closing your eyes and complaining that you can’t see. While you’re running around frantically with your eyes closed, trying to avoid the truth, Real Lies, you’re going to be bumping into everything. That’s going to leave a mark.

Real Music

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 08:36 am
@Lash,
Quote:
1. She was too afraid of a confrontation because she has no conviction of conscience.
2. She’s an opportunistic carpetbagger.

I obviously DISAGREE with your misleading assertions regarding Elizabeth Warren's character.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 09:37 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I really do with that you’d stop closing your eyes and complaining that you can’t see.
My eyes are wide open.
I see clearly.
Especially the TRUTH

Quote:
While you’re running around frantically with your eyes closed, trying to avoid the truth, Real Lies, you’re going to be bumping into everything.
I am actually sitting down and very relaxed.
I am not avoiding the truth at all.
But, I am trying to get the truth out of you Lash and Edgar.
The real question is why are you avoiding the truth?
The question is why have you Lash and Edgar both continue to post misleading claims regarding Elizabeth Warren?
You Lash and Edgar know that both of you have been posting misleading claims regarding Elizabeth Warren.

It has become crystal clear to me that you Lash and Edgar will continue to post misleading and disingenuous comments about any candidate who may stand in the way of Bernie Sanders winning the nomination.

And since Elizabeth Warren currently looks like someone who could realistically win the nomination, you Lash and Edgar seem to both gone into overdrive in posting misleading claims about her.

You do see that my eyes are wide open.
That is why I am able to see right through both of you.
Now, please tell me I'm wrong about both you Lash and Edgar.

By the way, I believe that the democrats have a handful of good candidates.
And yes, Bernie Sanders is one of those good candidates.
At the present time, Bernie Sanders would not be my first choice.
But, I definitely like Bernie Sanders.
So, I refuse to attack Bernie Sanders, because I truly do like Bernie Sanders.

Also, because it is so early in the process, who I see as my preferred candidate is subject to change.

revelette1

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 09:47 am
@Real Music,
To borrow a phrase from the 70's, right on, man. It is puzzling behavior.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 11:53 am
@Real Music,
You can’t see what I show you when you close your eyes.

No cred for you, Real Dishonesty. No wonder you like Lying Warren.
Lash

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 12:00 pm
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2017/11/30/elizabeth_warren_progressive_fraud_427737.html

Devastating litany of lies and deception by Liz Warren.

The desire to lionize those Donald Trump attacks shouldn’t blind anyone to the great Warren con.
My favorite Elizabeth Warren story involves a cookbook. Warren, who was at that time posing as a trailblazing Cherokee, actually contributed recipes to a recipe book with the name, I kid you not, “Pow Wow Chow.” But here’s the best part of the story. She plagiarized some of the recipes. Yes indeed, her version of “pow wow chow” came directly from a famous French chef.

My second-favorite Warren story involves breastfeeding. She once claimed to be the first “nursing mother” to take the New Jersey bar exam, making her, I suppose, the Jackie Robinson of lactating lawyers. The problem? There’s no evidence this is true. Women have been taking the New Jersey bar since 1895, and the New Jersey Judiciary was “not aware” whether they tracked the nursing habits of test-takers.

Warren is a bit of an academic grifter. She’s willing to fake her way to the top. When she came to Harvard Law School, she was — believe it or not — considered by some to be a “minority hire.” She listed herself as a minority on a legal directory reviewed by deans and hiring committees. The University of Pennsylvania “listed her as a minority faculty member,” and she was touted after her hire at Harvard Law School as, yes, the school’s “first woman of color.”

This was no small thing. At the time, elite universities were under immense pressure to diversify their faculties (as they still are). “More women” was one command. “More women of color” was the ideal. At Harvard the pressure was so intense that students occupied the administration building, and the open spaces of the school were often filled with screaming, chanting students. One of the law school’s leading black academics, a professor named Derek Bell, left the school to protest the lack of diversity on campus.

I remember it vividly. I was there. I arrived on campus in the fall of 1991, just after Bell left, and liberal activists were seething with outrage. They were demanding new hires, and the place almost boiled over when the school granted tenure to four white men. My classmate, Hans Bader, notes that the school wasn’t just under political pressure to make a “diversity” hire, it was under legal pressure as well. The Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination had issued a “probable cause finding” that the school had discriminated against a professor named Clare Dalton when it denied her tenure. In Bader’s words, “Harvard’s faculty badly wanted to racially and sexually diversify their ranks to show their commitment to diversity, so that MCAD would not view future denials of tenure to unqualified minorities and women as being motivated by a discriminatory animus.”

No one can know whether Warren would have landed at Harvard without faking her ethnicity (Harvard of course denies her alleged minority status was a factor), but we do know that she spent years holding herself out as a Native American. We do know those claims were extremely dubious. We also know that she made those claims exactly at the time when they could most help a young career.

These facts would be bad enough, but the great Warren con doesn’t end there. Let’s take, for example, her signature work of academic scholarship. She made a name for herself in the pre-Obamacare years with a pair of studies claiming that medical bills were responsible for an extraordinary share of American bankruptcies. This research presented the Left with an ideal talking point. The American medical system wasn’t just broken, it was oppressing the little guy.

No doubt medical bills do drive some bankruptcies, but you wouldn’t know how many from Warren’s scholarship. As Megan McArdle points out in a detailed take-down in The Atlantic, Warren and her co-authors not only classified a “medical bankruptcy” as any bankruptcy that included at least $1,000 in medical debt (in her 2001 paper) or $5,000 (in her 2007 paper), their methodology was “quite explicitly designed to capture every case where medical bills, or medical loss of income, coexist with some other causal factor — but the medical issues are then always designated as causal in their discussion.”

Warren’s work even obscured the fact that medical bankruptcies fell dramatically between 2001 and 2007. McArdle noted, “This is, to put it mildly, sort of a problem for the thesis that exploding medical bills are shoving people into bankruptcy.”

McArdle’s conclusion was devastating:

Does this persistent tendency to choose odd metrics that inflate the case for some left wing cause matter? If Warren worked at a think tank, you’d say, “Ah, well, that’s the genre.” On the other hand, you’d also tend to regard her stuff with a rather beady eye. It’s unlikely to have been splashed across the headline of every newspaper in the United States. Her work gets so much attention because it comes from a Harvard professor. And this isn’t Harvard caliber material — not even Harvard undergraduate.

0 Replies