IRFRANK

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 06:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Probably not, but the election would.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 06:51 pm
@IRFRANK,
Really?

I'm sure you must be availing yourself of a little of the poetic device of hyperbole.

But maybe not. What is the current right-wing uprising with which we are faced? You live in SC (much to your chagrin). Are the right-wingers there storming municiple buildings?

Or is opposition to a Democratic ticket synonomous with an uprising?

I guess out of intellectual fairness you would also have to say that opposition to a second Bush/Cheney second term was a left-wing uprising. Right?
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 07:05 pm
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer.

FTW!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 07:08 pm
My choice was my last choice, Mitch Daniels.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 07:10 pm
Finn doesn't give a **** about this thread. He's trolling because I put him on ignore.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 07:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
And I guess you didn't.

Go back in the ignore cave edgar. I like you better there.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 07:48 am
**** you in slang and conventional English.
**** you in lost and neglected lingoes.
**** you hungry and sated; faded, pock marked, and defaced.
**** you with orange rind, fennel and anchovy paste.
**** you with rosemary and thyme, and fried green olives on the side.
**** you humidly and icily.
**** you farsightedly and blindly.
**** you nude and draped in stolen finery.

**** you while cells divide wildly and birds trill.
Thank you for barring me from his bedside while he was ill.
**** you puce and chartreuse.
**** you postmodern and prehistoric.
**** you under the influence of opiun, codeine, laudanum, and paregoric.
**** every real and imagined country you fancied yourself princess of.
**** you on feast days and fast days, below and above.
**** you sleepless and shaking for nineteen nights running.
**** you ugly and **** you stunning.

**** you shipwrecked on the barren island of your bed.
**** you marching in lockstep in the ranks of the dead.
**** you at low and high tide.
And **** you astride
anyone who has the bad luck to **** you, in dank hallways,
bathrooms, or kitchens.
**** you in gasps and whispered benedictions.

And **** these curses, however heartfelt and true,
that bind me, till I forgive you, to you.”
― Amy Gerstler, Ghost Girl
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 08:36 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well, they have managed to shut down the government for a couple weeks and threaten the credit rating of the country. Liberals do grumble when the opposition is in office, including me, but the damage to the country appears to be less.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 08:37 am
@edgarblythe,
I may join you in the ignore cave. And yes, Finn, I know you don't give a ****.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 10:37 am
@IRFRANK,
If we go over the cliff, maybe the blind i dont give a shyt voters of this country will wake up to the damage that the crazies of both parties can cause and take more of an interest in what our legislators are doing and less in what they are saying.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 05:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
For a minute there I thought that doggerel was your own, but before I reached the end and discovered the truth I realized it was too polished.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 05:16 pm
@IRFRANK,
Oh I care deeply frank.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 05:16 pm
@RABEL222,
Well said
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 07:54 pm
1. “There is nobody in this country who got rich on their own. Nobody. You built a factory out there—good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory....Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea—God bless! Keep a hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.”—September 2011.

2. "People feel like the system is rigged against them, and here is the painful part, they're right. The system is rigged."—September 2012.

3. "Hardworking men and women who are busting their tails in full-time jobs shouldn't be left in poverty."—August 2013.

4. "Look around. Oil companies guzzle down the billions in profits. Billionaires pay a lower tax rate than their secretaries, and Wall Street CEOs, the same ones that direct our economy and destroyed millions of jobs still strut around Congress, no shame, demanding favors, and acting like we should thank them. Does anyone here have a problem with that?"—September, 2012.

5. "It is critical that the American people, and not just their financial institutions, be represented at the negotiating table."—Summer 2009.

6. "Americans are fighters. We're tough, resourceful and creative, and if we have the chance to fight on a level playing field, where everyone pays a fair share and everyone has a real shot, then no one—no one can stop us."—September 2012.

7. "And that's how we build the economy of the future. An economy with more jobs and less debt, we root it in fairness. We grow it with opportunity. And we build it together."—September 2012.

8. "I understand the frustration, I share their frustration with what's going on, that right now Washington is wired to work well for those on Wall Street who can hire lobbyists and lawyers and it doesn't work very well for the rest of us."—October 2011.

9. “If you’re caught with an ounce of cocaine, the chances are good you’re going to jail….Evidently, if you launder nearly a billion dollars for drug cartels and violate our international sanctions, your company pays a fine and you go home and sleep in your own bed at night.”—March 2013.

10. “Corporations are not people. People have hearts, they have kids, they get jobs, they get sick, they cry, they dance. They live, they love and they die. And that matters. That matters because we don’t run this country for corporations, we run it for people."—September 2012.

11. "If there had been a Financial Product Safety Commission in place 10 years ago, the current financial crisis would have been averted."—Summer 2009.

12. “Nobody's safe. Health insurance? That didn't protect 1 million Americans who were financially ruined by illness or medical bills last year.”—February 2005.

http://www.aflcio.org/Blog/Other-News/12-Elizabeth-Warren-Quotes-to-Prepare-You-for-Her-Appearance-at-the-AFL-CIO-National-Convention
gungasnake

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 08:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
If all you want is an improvement over Bork Obunga, the list of potential candidates is quite long. Possibilities include Mortimer Snerd, Daffy Duck, Mickey Mouse, Rin Tin Tin, Koko....
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 08:16 pm
@gungasnake,
Anything but a teabagger.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 08:20 pm
@Ticomaya,
If memory serves, you're either being sarcastic or have had a serious change of heart.
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 11:15 pm
@roger,
Your memory is just fine. She'd be worse than our current president.

She'd be a disaster.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 11:55 pm
robert gates. well rounded, wicked smart, raises above partisanship, has proven that he can run massive organizations effectively. I assume hillary will run as a D so gates should run as an R. perhaps by the time this current brouhaha is Washington is over the R's will be willing to let him due to not having anyone else in the stable that can win.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 09:26 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
She'd be a disaster.

How so?