What would you do?

cavfancier

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:03 pm
Eva wrote:
Shall I "pm" him, or post it on Forum Help?

You could just put it in General Discussion. From what I understand, Craven rarely checks his PMs because he gets so many.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:05 pm
Buffy, were there any naysayers?

The only thing I have seen is people saying that yes, of course, deceit happens. But then what? Don't answer a question because -gasp- the person may be lying? Demand credentials?

I trust that the Moderating team here will deal with any actual infractions. People cannot be kicked out for lying about their personal lives. How on earth would that be enforced?
0 Replies

Sofia

Gosh--should we do a full out Salem trial right here in our hospitable environs?

She didn't break a rule...?
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Who is Craven? Is he an admin person?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:06 pm
The god of A2K.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:06 pm
Urgh, this is getting complicated. I say just let the mods deal with it, and let's move on.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:07 pm
Every so often, he forces us to sacrifice shrubbery to him. And have wanton sex.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:08 pm
I also recall that he does not want to be bothered with moderator issues, as he is not officially a moderator.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:10 pm
Cav-- I hope I didn't make you mad. You guys do what you want. I just thought we may want to consider the whole thing before ....a thread, and mgmt involvement.

I could be wrong. I may be the only one who thinks that way. (This happens frequently.)

<backs away embarrassed, waiting for others to decide.>

edit--In the flurry, I hadn't seen soz' 1:05 post, that hit when my 1:05 post did.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:11 pm
sozobe - I don't recall saying that "Camille" should be kicked out for lying. I don't recall the terms of agreement on this message board. But on the other message board, it is against the rules to have more than one simultaneous screen name. On the other board, both "Camille" and "Brini" are live posters despite being the same person, not to mention a few others that are also possibly "Camille". One is plenty. The admin of that board often goes through and bans the extra names and the person gets to keep just the one. Fair is fair. I have no problem having a discussion with someone whether I think they're for real or not, or whether I agree, etc. But it is not right for people to be led to believe they are in a multiple party discussion when, in fact, one person is using multiple screen names. I'm sure it happens all the time. But if IP addresses match, they should [all but one] be banned.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:12 pm
Go ahead and hit the report button if you want to.

Just, why do you think the Moderating team hasn't already seen this? What do you think they would do if they had?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:14 pm
Here's our Terms of Use, Buffy:

http://www.able2know.com/disclaimer.php
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:15 pm
Nothing. We don't ban due to multiple personalities.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:17 pm
sozobe - I am not one to report other posters. I thought I read on a previous page a poster mentioning admin looking at the IP address. As for me tipping off admin of the other board, it is not to "ban" anyone except the multiples. I don't care if "Camille" posts there or not. And mostly that's talk, cause I'm lazy about such matters - lol

As for why a moderator hasn't seen this, it is a weekend/holiday. ~ shrugs ~ they probably don't monitor everything every day all day?

Anyhoo, even on the other message board, I am not one to get willy nilly about other posters, even when they're especially nasty. Because they always come back with a 'new' screen name. I'd just as soon keep them as the existing screen name and know "what's what" rather than having to figure it out based on familiar posting style and comments made.

sofia - if multiple screen names are OK over here, well then there you have it. I wasn't one to bring up telling admin, I was responding to another poster. C'est la vie.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:19 pm
Sofia wrote:
Cav-- I hope I didn't make you mad. You guys do what you want. I just thought we may want to consider the whole thing before ....a thread, and mgmt involvement.

I could be wrong. I may be the only one who thinks that way. (This happens frequently.)

<backs away embarrassed, waiting for others to decide.>

I'm not mad at you or anyone else. Like sozobe said, the moderators work in strange and mysterious ways (at least to an end-user like me), and I'm sure they are looking into this. The problem is when the discussion or debate just goes overboard regarding complete speculation about a poster. I'm just saying, ride the Zen of A2K and let the chips fall where they may. That's why the report button is there. It's a fantastic streamlining tool that makes things easier for everyone, even if a person won't be banned according to the TOS. It happens, occasionally one steps in dog poop, but you wipe it off and move on. Cool So when can we talk about sex again? Kickycan must have a thread somewhere we can hang out...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:21 pm
Well said, Cav. Of all things that bother me about this, the witch-hunt aspect bothers me most.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:29 pm
Buffy-- I threw out the IP threat--and will follow through if Camille or anyone for that matter, starts/ continues to manipulate people here with threats of suicide. That's the first time in my couple of years here that I've said such a thing--because it's the first time I've known of someone deceptively jerking us around with threats of suicide.

That's what got my hackles up. I just called her on the duplicity--no threats about that, alone.

Cav--

Will look for you on a sexy thread. I may get naked again. <somebody's got to keep things tawdry...>
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:29 pm
sozobe - I don't see this as a witch hunt. If you would prefer Camille's duplicity not be revealed, I'll be happy to delete my posts.

As for admin involvement, my part of this discussion stemmed from
Sofia wrote:
But, anymore allusions to suicide, and I will ask mgmt to freeze your IP from our site. <snip> Your personas can be tracked, and they have been.

but Sophia is now saying nothing happens to posters with multiple screen names. So there you have it.

I am just glad I know the truth about "Camille" because I post more often on the other message board where "Camille" also posts.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:34 pm
buffy--

See my post of 1:29, which hit when yours did. In the quote of mine you brought, it is easy to see I was pissed at the suicide manipulation--not the identity drama.

And, we knew before you showed up.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 12:36 pm
Buffy, if that's your real name, heh heh....the process will depend on whether real TOS violations have been made. Often, posters like this just go away once their game has been revealed.

Sofia, yeah, let's get back to basics here. Sexy stuff without politics.
0 Replies