Kerry's Doomed Mideast Plan

0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 04:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Nope. You are the liar. Here's what Peace Watch says about PLO charter:

"The decision fails to meet the obligations laid out in the Oslo accords in two respects. First, the actual amendment of the Covenant has been left for a future date. As of now, the old Covenant, in its original form, remains the governing document of the PLO, and will continue in this status until the amendments are actually approved... There is a sharp difference between calling for something to change and actually implementing the changes. Second, the decision does not specify which clauses will be amended."

0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 05:01 pm
@izzythepush,
1. IDF thinks a million times. Unlike Putin in Grozny or the UK in Dresden. If they didn't there would be no Gaza as such.

2. The point is to cynically sacrifice innocemt civilians to win public opinion. They got you already. Talk to people in Cairo - MB is doing the same in Egypt now.

0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 05:02 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm typing on a phone on a bus - I can't spell "spell" here. What's your point?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 05:04 pm
@0bserver,
Quote:

"I simply cannot feel any love for you and your Israel. "

Observer wrote:
Quote:
You being just childish. I have no love for Tanzim members who aimed their telescopic aim at a baby and shot her in her face. My blood is boiling because of that too. So what? Hate every Palestinian because of those murderers? Rise above your emotions - try thinking.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, with his pronouncements about the eternal and undivided capital of Israel, is conveying an updated version of Dayan's credo -- that he would rather have all of Jerusalem without peace than peace without all of Jerusalem. It's like watching grass grow.

Observer wrote:
Quote:
I agree the settlement building should stop.

Your words are meaningless. Why not try and persuade your Israeli government to quit the occupation of the territories so the Palestinians can breathe freely?!

Observer wrote:
Quote:
I don't believe the rockets will stop if point 1. happens. Why? Look at post 2005 Gaza. All , and I mean All settlements in the Gaza strip were removed - all of them. Not a single new one built, and all the existing ones removed. This should bring to end of violence from Gaza, right? Wrong. The rockets only intensified after that.

The rockets continues because Israel refuses to quit building settlements on Arab land. What's wrong with you? Why is it you only see the monstrous log in the Palestinian eye but not in Israel, the root cause of the main hatred against the Zionist state in an Arab neighborhood? What did you think, that one morning the Palestinians woke up and decided to start sending rockets at Israel? Surely you must realize the reason for the Arabs discontent against the Zionist nation?

Observer wrote:
Quote:
Just the ridiculous notion of the equation between building houses (legal or not) and murdering kids by rockets - who ever came up with this equation? Your neighbor disputes which roses in the garden belong to whom, and you just shoot him in the head?

In the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. When human nature is suppressed and freedom denied, it figures out how to express itself in another, perverted way, and in the case of the rockets, well, that's one way.

Quote:
So yes, the settlement should stop. But try to step one step back and look more critically at the PAlestinians too - not only them, but them too.

Abbas has asked repeatedly for Netanyahu to quit the settlement building while waiting for an agreement as to where the borders will go, and Bibi says in effect, screw you. Barack Obama stated recently that Israel may continue building settlements because in the final analysis everything will be settled. This proved to me that Obama was weak on settlements, and indeed, in some ways I sympathize with him. The Israeli/Palestinian conflict is so enduring and frustrating that no president wants to even look in that direction.

observer wrote:
Quote:
I don't know any Israelis who believe that Palestinians will go anywhere. They are pretty much OK having a Palestinian state next to Israel. Only one that doesn't shoot.

The Israeli government has involved itself in ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians. First chasing them from their homes and with the steady erosion of their benefits with their petty vindictive acts. The Israelis keep the Palestinians afraid, shooting missiles into apartment complexes to get one target and killing many as a consequence. They won't let in inspectors from the UN to determine what they did.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Quote:
why the hell should the rockets stop?!?! At least they are fighting back!

Observer wrote:
Quote:
Nonsense. Fighting back is for when you are being attacked - not when someone builds something somewhere you don't like. this is not fighting back - this is attacking. Gaza example for the 3rd time. Why didn't they stop after the Gaza pullout?

Allow me to let you in on a little secret. Let someone try to invade my land, take my land, and kill members of my family, I will try to kill the sucker and use every mean possible and would never give up until the bastard had left!

The Palestinians also realize Israel was planning to put all Palestinians into that ghetto hole and seize complete control of the entire West Bank.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Quote:
I do not harbor the same intensity towards Jewish Americans whom I work with, live in the same apartment building

Observer wrote:
Quote:
Yes. I know .. everyone like the timid Jew, the one you can kick around as much as you wish, the one without a gun to protect himself. Sorry - that time is not coming back. 6 million dead in cold blood murders allowed by the nice people in the West like yourself is not going to happen again. You want to boycott Israel - go ahead. It is not fun to be boycotted, but it is less fun to be murdered. I expect the Israelis to keep fighting for their survival despite your boycott and all.

Ah, a real profile is emerging of you, the frightened Israeli. The Jewish Americans I interact with are my equal and I would not be able to stomach a servile, timid Jewish American as a friend. The Jewish Americans I know are sophisticated, highly educated, and hold top notch positions in all the Academic Disciplines....they are secular....I even have Jewish family members. I just do not know any "timid" Jews.

Observer, in your state of fear you realize Israel is in a losing battle and is sitting on a time bomb. Israel is regarded in the Middle East, as well as by many people in the West, as a colony led by white people (despite the fact that many prominent Israelis have their roots in Tehran, Fez or Baghdad ). The Palestinians are seen as colonial subjects, and the longer Israel continues to occupy Arab territories, the more this perception will be confirmed. Israel has become an environmental hazard and its own greatest threat.

The strengthening of Islam stemming from the Arab Spring should cause Israel to think long and hard about its future.
____
Wow! That was a long post to respond to and I'm exhausted. Ciao
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 05:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

You really are a bald faced liar.

The reason they all jump on that outdated rickety propaganda is because they are lacking in straightforward information. I had once posted the same article to Advocate who kept regurgitating the same ole same ole. When he brought it up again for the 500th time, I went in search of the link but for some reason could not locate it. Now I will copy your link and add it to my archives so when it's brought up again I will be ready. Thanks, Izzy.

Quote:

PLO Accepts Israel's Right to Exist, Opposes Terrorism, Arafat Says

December 07, 1988|From Times Wire Services STOCKHOLM — Yasser Arafat today said the Palestine Liberation Organization accepts Israel's right to exist and condemns all forms of terrorism.

But the PLO leader told a press conference that a two-page declaration he drafted with a group of American Jews "is nothing new" in that the Palestine National Council, the PLO's parliament-in-exile, had effectively recognized Israel last month.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-12-07/news/mn-1072_1_plo-accepts-israel-s-right
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 05:29 pm
@0bserver,
Quote:

I'm typing on a phone on a bus - I can't spell "spell" here. What's your point?

Spelling is unimportant especially so if English is not one's first language. But even if English were your first language there are many highly intelligent people among us where spelling is simply not their forté. I make mistakes all the time, but what's more crucial is when that mistake is a "connecting' word and then the meaning is lost. Sometime on the weekends when having sherry and on the message boards, I can make some doozies. I'm always hoping people will be forgiving of me.......
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 05:35 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Sorry, can't type long things on my phone, but half of what you're saying are just baseless emotional rants anf the other half is disinformation.

I'm safe and sound in Toronto , if you're worried. Arab spring bothers me as much as it bothers you. So far the Arabs are only killing each other if you haven't noticed.

You never answerered my question why Gaza never stopped sending rockets after a huge Israeli good will gesture of the Gaza pull out? Seriously - put your ideology and emotions aside? Just like I can understand that building settlements after peace talks started is counterproductive, can't you admit that rockets after Gaza pullout are simple Palestinian fault. How can you be so blind?

Your Jewsish US friends are just as safe as German Jews in the 1930s. Those in the 1930s weren't "scared" as you say - most of them were murdered (if you do not tend to deny the Holocaust). Israelis are "scared" as you put it - and they won numerous wars and will keep winning and survivnig despite your wishes.

Ciao indeed

0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 05:51 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:

In any event, you will be pleased to know that you fit in very well with the other anti-Semites in this forum.

Advocate, my old friend, why is it every time you're getting your rear end kicked you scream "anti-Semites?! Why not try being more inventive?
BTW, I saw your little sarcastic post reminding me that Muslims did not exist 2000 years; you do not take into consideration that the Islamics or Muslims in Palestine today are descended from those people who existed during the time of Jesus.
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 05:54 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Most of them existed in Iraq and Egypt.. Not that it matters really
RABEL222

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:08 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Christians dident exist 2014 years ago. Whats his point? In the year 1 bc jews were Roman citizens. They dident exist either as Jews.
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:09 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Also, you never answered my question: why since the 18 century there hasn't been a single female US president? Israel had a female Prime minister in the fist decades.

Stop segregation of women in the sexist USA!

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:12 pm
@0bserver,
Quote:
Most of them existed in Iraq and Egypt.

Meaning?
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:16 pm
@RABEL222,
FYI: Jews existed before the tiny village of Rome was even planned
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:18 pm
@Olivier5,
Meaning that a large portion of the Palestinians migrated from other places in the Middle East in the last centuries. Do you know where Arafat was born?
Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:18 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Advocate, my old friend, why is it every time you're getting your rear end kicked you scream "anti-Semites?! Why not try being more inventive?

He seems to be a shoot from the hip kinda guy... But his titular post copied an article (Seven Reasons Kerry's Mideast Talks Are Delusional, by Jeffrey Goldberg) which I can't disagree with. Kerry's efforts are doomed.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:24 pm
@0bserver,
Migrated in and out. The usual Levantine flux of herders, caravans, adventurers, students and the likes. The idea that Palestinians are not from Palestine is not based on historic science and demographic facts, but on a hateful will to delegitimize their claim to the land.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:31 pm
@0bserver,
Quote:
FYI: Jews existed before the tiny village of Rome was even planned

Only if you believe the legends.
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:32 pm
@Olivier5,
It is unrelated. Today's Palestinians should have a state - regardless of where they are from
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:33 pm
@Olivier5,
Seriously. Check basic history books
Olivier5

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:41 pm
@0bserver,
It's not unrelated, it's a form of historic revisionism which has one single purpose: paint the native as a foreigner to better oppress and disposess him.