Kerry's Doomed Mideast Plan

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 06:48 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
the reasons the Palestinians are behaving the way they are is simply because Israel is trying to steal Palestinian land. What would you do If Israel wanted to take your land? Give it to them without a fight? Or are you a Fundamentalist ultra-right-wing religion individual?

You know, if your horrible anti-Semitic lies end up poisoning the atmosphere so much that they collapse the peace talks, it'll be your fault that the Palestinians won't have a state.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 06:49 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
As I said, many Israelis hope that the Palestinians will "go somewhere". That's why they allow often them to leave (eg to study abroad) but not to come back... and they could use much more aggressive means to that end if the context allows them.

And no one is doing more to create that very context than you are doing with your sadistic anti-Semitic lies.

Go ahead and undermine this very last attempt at negotiating a return to 1967 borders.

The rockets have already made it impossible for Israel to pull out unilaterally, without a peace agreement.

Once you succeeding in torpedoing the peace process, you can go help all the Palestinians in the West Bank pack their suitcases.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 06:50 pm
@mysteryman,
Only if they pay rent for all the time they lived on stolen land.
0bserver

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 07:15 pm
@Olivier5,
Not exactly absurdity:

"Since the discovery of the 2nd millennium inscriptions mentioning the Habiru, there have been many theories linking these to the Hebrews. Some scholars argue that the name "Hebrew" is related to the name of the seminomadic Habiru people, who are recorded in Egyptian inscriptions of the 13th and 12th centuries BCE as having settled in Egypt.[7][9] This is rebutted by others who propose that the Hebrews are mentioned in older texts of the 3rd Intermediate Period of Egypt (15th century BCE) as Shasu of Yhw.[14] Modern scholars conclude that the attempts to relate apiru (Habiru) to the Hebrew word ibri (Hebrews) are not fruitful.[15]"

0bserver

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 07:20 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Sorry for taking your precious time. But you are the one in denial. If you didn't ignore my questions, I wouldn't have to repeat them.

You're probably one of those people who think everyone who agrees with you is smart, everyone else is a dummy. Sure, have fun
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 07:23 pm
@izzythepush,
"As every adult of a certain age is in the IDF there are very few "innocent" Israelis"

Such a cheap argument. If UK happens to be in hypothetical situation where most of Europe attacks it every several years - most of UK will be mobilized. Does it make them all guilty of something?
0bserver

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 07:27 pm
@Olivier5,
"As I said, many Israelis hope that the Palestinians will "go somewhere". "

Did you see the poll link I posted?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/161456/israelis-palestinians-pro-peace-process-not-hopeful.aspx

Do you have polls that support what you claim? This is completely baseless .

"Jordanian did not try to dispossess them and settle their land with foreigners."

Wrong! Jordan occupied the foreign land of the West Bank and populated it with Jordanians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordanian_occupation_of_the_West_Bank

"Jordan’s annexation was regarded as illegal and void by the Arab League and others. It was recognized only by Britain, Iraq and Pakistan.[4][5][6] The annexation of the West Bank more than doubled the population of Jordan.[3]"

Call me when you decided to have a genuine discussion rather than the usual hate fest.
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 07:30 pm
@RABEL222,
You are mixing up several different things: ethnicity, religion, citizenship
You can be an Arab by ethnicity, Christian by religion, and have Israeli citizenship.. etc.
0bserver

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 07:46 pm
@mysteryman,
I'm probably going to surprise all the Israel haters here. No, I don't think Israel should demolish what it has built. They should hand it over to the Palestinians. Not because it's fair, but because it is productive. Everyone wins from the Palestinians having a better economy, everyone loses from them being poor.
0bserver

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 08:00 pm
@RABEL222,
Just as a fun thought: should we make Muslims pay rent for all of North Africa and the Middle East for a millennium or so?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 08:07 pm
@0bserver,
0bserver wrote:

I'm probably going to surprise all the Israel haters here. No, I don't think Israel should demolish what it has built. They should hand it over to the Palestinians. Not because it's fair, but because it is productive. Everyone wins from the Palestinians having a better economy, everyone loses from them being poor.

As you may recall, Israel tried this when it left Gaza. It left many large and elaborate greenhouses, including computers and other equipment. The Gazans expressed their appreciation by demolishing everything that was left. They further expressed their appreciation by shooting over 8,000 rockets and missiles into Israel. And, of course, this was done free-of-charge.
0bserver

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 08:17 pm
@Advocate,
The rockets are a separate issue. That should be taken very seriously.

If the Israelis leave them roads, and the Palestinians decide to blow them up just out of spite - well, let them have fun. Israel will not gain anything from leaving the roads and it won't gain anything from demolishing them - so why not leave them? Maybe West Bank Palestinians care more about their own economy than Gazans? Ramallah Palestinians do seem to care more than those in Rafah.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 11:32 pm
@0bserver,
But according to you all you have to do in order to steal pal. land is claim to be a jew.
0bserver

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 12:21 am
@RABEL222,
This is an empty statement. OK, likewise:
But according to you all you have to do in order to steal Jewish land is claim to be a Palestinian.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 01:39 am
@mysteryman,
No, you've got a habit of singling me out, even going over years old threads to dig something up. You've not done it so much lately I'll give you that, but there was a point when you did it all the time.

That's why I know you're bullshitting.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 01:41 am
@mysteryman,
Stop salivating. You really hate those Arabs don't you?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 01:42 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
Should Israel be allowed to destroy everything they built when they retreat?
Every building, every road, every water pipeline, gas line, electric line, phone system, everything?

Since Israel built it, if they retreat, why should anyone else be able to prosper?
Shouldn't whoever moves into those areas be forced to start from scratch, like the Israeli's were?

We built a lot of it, so did the Ottomans. We didn't destroy everything when we left.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 01:43 am
@0bserver,
We get on with our neighbours. It's quite easy to do, you just respect their human rights.
0bserver

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 02:52 am
@izzythepush,
Sure sure. Did that help you against V-1 rockets? So that " so much owed by so many" speech was nonsense? All you had to do was respect human rights.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 03:00 am
@0bserver,
Fighting Nazi Germany is not the same as brutally colonising someone else's land. Not anywhere near.