Kerry's Doomed Mideast Plan

roger

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 02:24 pm
@Arjunakki,
Arjunakki wrote:

I don't think Oliver's statement is funny at all. Hamas is in charge of Gaza and unless Hamas agrees there's no reason why the rockets should stop.

Awesome!
0 Replies

Arjunakki

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 02:54 pm
@Arjunakki,
Meir Kahane also referred to Palestinians as "Dogs." Meir Kahane, this fanatic, had quite a militant ultra-Zionist following which has continued since his death.

Last year, on August 15, 2012, in West Jerusalem, a small group of Palestinian teenagers was attacked by a mob of Israeli youths. The New York Times described it as an "attempted lynching." The Israelis, who had apparently planned on lynching someone that night, set their sights on a couple of Palestinian kids hanging out at a busy city square, chased one of them down and then beat him until his heart had stopped. His name was Jamal Julani, a 17-year-old resident of East Jerusalem. He only survived because a medical student happened to be on the scene and was able to resuscitate him in time. The beating took place in full view of hundreds of people, who stood by and watched without intervening. According to an eye witness in account in The Jerusalem Post, "People who tried to resuscitate the Arab were mocked by the crowd of Jewish youths."

That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Israeli hatred of Palestinians and would try to annihilate them all if such were possible.

http://shameproject.com/report/shame-update-atlantics-jeffrey-goldberg-fan-jewish-terrorist-meir-kahane/

Then I remember the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center. Across the river, in NJ, atop the roof of a building were 5 Israelis who were filming the WWC attack while whooping it up something awful. The cheering, yelling, hooting by the five Israelis was causing so much heightened excitement that the tenants in the building alerted the police who arrested the five, thinking they might know something about the tragedy. The press labeled them the "Five Dancing Israelis" who appeared feverishly keyed up with joy at the attack. They were found to be in this country illegally and were deported back to Israel. But these Israelis were overly conspicuous by their enthusiastic joy by the downing of the Twin Towers. This action by Israelis citizens who are the recipient of many billions of dollars from the US citizens annually seemed awfully odd, eccentric. Why would any Israeli take pure happiness in America's pain?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 03:00 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Responding to a page 2 post at this late date -

MiT, I agree with your take on this.

I say this as someone originally very gung ho, even very very gung ho, re Israel, but I've modified my views. I don't give israel haters (re the place as a whole) much room either, but I can understand it.

I've memories of one of my acquaintance/friends speaking sharply against whatever I said at some girl get together (sorry, we used the word girl back then); she had spent time in Damascus on one of her travel excursions and instructed me on there being a way larger picture. I gradually listened, so thank you, Jan.
That was mid sixties, not sure what year.

I haven't managed to pay attention to what Kerry has to say yet. Wake me when something sensible happens.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 04:05 pm
@0bserver,
Quote:
"icky country Israel"

Yes, I used the adjective "icky" to describe Israel's respulsive behavior. I have quite a storehouse of vile names to use describing the Zionist nation's behavior. I consider it a form of mental stress release. You see, I'm on the outside, and there is nothing I can do to prevent Israel from mistreating the Palestinians. So, I emote via words on the message forum. If you don't like it, too bad!

Observer, I am an American tax payer and I RESENT my taxpayer money going to build illegal settlements, restricting the movement of Palestinians in a ghetto-like environment....I simply do not like contributing to my fellow human being subjected to such inhuman conditions. My country's congress would rather throw their own mothers under the bus for Israel that's just how one-sided they are in the Palestinian/Israeli conflict...they pay lip-service, and realistically, they don't give a damn for the Palestinians. The reason for this is, AIPAC and myriad Jewish fund raising groups contribute huge sums to each congressman/woman, Republican and Democrat to make sure they will always be pro-Israel regardless how badly the Zionists treat the Palestinians. It seems to me, Observer, you get enough money and special attention from the US congress, so why on earth should it matter how I describe Israel?!

But something more complex and sinister sprang to mind when the double-talking PM Bibi Netanyahu decided to come to the US and politicize the Presidential election, voicing his opinion, hoping to sway Jewish Americans to vote for the money-grubbing cold-blooded reptile, Mitt Romney. Romney and Netanyahu attended University together and were supposedly old friends. Netanyahu was hoping like crazy that Romney would get in then the US would move its Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv and the rest of the West Bank would belong to Israel because President Romney would say so!

My blood was boiling. But when I take in the cruelties of the Zionist nation against a defenseless people throwing stone age tools, rocks, I simply cannot feel any love for you and your Israel. OK, I understand rockets from Gaza are continuing to rain down on Israel, but here again, if you want the rockets to stop QUIT THE DAMN SETTLEMENT BUILDING! If you make no effort to stop stealing Palestinian land, and intimidating the Palestinians so eventually they will all leave their land, why the hell should the rockets stop?!?! At least they are fighting back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not harbor the same intensity towards Jewish Americans whom I work with, live in the same apartment building, socialize with, and interact with on a daily basis....most, but not all, share my anxiety regarding the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. It's just Israel and its continued stealing of Arab land that makes my blood boil.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 04:34 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Here comes the anti-Simitic thing.
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 12:20 am
@Moment-in-Time,
"My blood was boiling."

I can understand that, and I even agree with some of it. But you collapsed completely to one side of this conflict, ingoring any of wrong doings by that side

"But when I take in the cruelties of the Zionist nation against a defenseless people throwing stone age tools, rocks, "

You know this is an incomplete list of tools. 15 thousand rockets landed on Israeli citicens. Hundreds of Israelis were blown to pieces by Palestinian suicide bombers

"I simply cannot feel any love for you and your Israel. "

You being just childish. I have no love for Tanzim members who aimed their telescopic aim at a baby and shot her in her face. My blood is boiling because of that too. So what? Hate every Palestinian because of those murderers? Rise above your emotions - try thinking.

"OK, I understand rockets from Gaza are continuing to rain down on Israel, but here again, if you want the rockets to stop QUIT THE DAMN SETTLEMENT BUILDING! "

1. I agree the settlement building should stop.
2. I don't believe the rockets will stop if point 1. happens. Why? Look at post 2005 Gaza. All , and I mean All settlements in the Gaza strip were removed - all of them. Not a single new one built, and all the existing ones removed. This should bring to end of violence from Gaza, right? Wrong. The rockets only intensified after that.
3. Just the ridiculous notion of the equation between building houses (legal or not) and murdering kids by rockets - who ever came up with this equation? Your neighbor disputes which roses in the garden belong to whom, and you just shoot him in the head?

So yes, the settlement should stop. But try to step one step back and look more critically at the PAlestinians too - not only them, but them too.

"If you make no effort to stop stealing Palestinian land"
I'm not going to go into the whole historical argument about the partition plan the Palestinians rejected, all the wars the Arabs started etc. Lets look at the Gaza pullout example again. What do we learn from it?

"and intimidating the Palestinians so eventually they will all leave their land,"
this is not true. I don't know any Israelis who believe that Palestinians will go anywhere. They are pretty much OK having a Palestinian state next to Israel. Only one that doesn't shoot.

"why the hell should the rockets stop?!?! At least they are fighting back!"
Nonsense. Fighting back is for when you are being attacked - not when someone builds something somewhere you don't like. this is not fighting back - this is attacking.
Gaza example for the 3rd time. Why didn't they stop after the Gaza pullout?

"I do not harbor the same intensity towards Jewish Americans whom I work with, live in the same apartment building"

Yes. I know .. everyone like the timid Jew, the one you can kick around as much as you wish, the one without a gun to protect himself. Sorry - that time is not coming back. 6 million dead in cold blood murders allowed by the nice people in the West like yourself is not going to happen again. You want to boycott Israel - go ahead. It is not fun to be boycotted, but it is less fun to be murdered. I expect the Israelis to keep fighting for their survival despite your boycott and all.
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 12:33 am
@Arjunakki,
To all those who think Kahane represents anything:

"Kach (Hebrew: כ"ך‎) was a far-right political party in Israel. Founded by Rabbi Meir Kahane in the early 1970s, and following his Jewish nationalist ideology (subsequently dubbed Kahanism), the party entered the Knesset in 1984 after several electoral failures.[1] However, it was banned from participating in the next election in 1988 under the revised Knesset Elections Law banning parties that incited racism. "

This sort of thing is illegal in Israel! Why do you keep bringing it up?

0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 12:36 am
@Olivier5,
I repeat, Kahanism is illegal in Israel! As well as the Nazi views you represent
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 12:39 am
@Arjunakki,
"This is certainly the perception most get from the ongoing building of settlements."

What is your perception from the rocket launching?

"It is believed today's Israel would like to recreate ancient Israel and all its former land."

It is believed? Who believes in it? You? Why would the Israelis want to control the population of Jenin? Who needs all that former land if it is populated by others?
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 12:49 am
@Arjunakki,
"f the settlers could bring about "a final solution" they would."

So you know for a fact that they are planning to murder 6 million people in gas chambers? If you don't, then what you're saying are just evil lies which are aimed at trivializing the Holocaust, and stroking your own sense of guilt for letting half of the Jewish population die. Shame on you!
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 01:06 am
@Arjunakki,
"One reporter recorded a Palestinian boy throwing stones at the IDF who were patrolling the area. One soldier went up to the little boy and broke his arm into two places; the reporter filming the scene also picked up the sound of the breaking bones of the Palestinian boy. "

This breaks all limits of lies and nonsense. Did the solider also drink the kid's blood for Passover?

"Reading this in the News I thought my heart would break for that poor child having to grow up in an apartheid state"

Your boy from the invented story lives in Palestinian Authority! Not in Israel - It's a different country. How ignorant can people be? An apartheid state discriminates different citizens according to race by law. Show me laws like that in Israel.

"and being treated the way the Nazis treated the Jews with the exception there are no ovens!""

Antisemitic lies ! Did Israelis kill 6 million Palestinians?

izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 02:02 am
@0bserver,
0bserver wrote:

To all those who think Kahane represents anything:

"Kach (Hebrew: כ"ך‎) was a far-right political party in Israel. Founded by Rabbi Meir Kahane in the early 1970s, and following his Jewish nationalist ideology (subsequently dubbed Kahanism), the party entered the Knesset in 1984 after several electoral failures.[1] However, it was banned from participating in the next election in 1988 under the revised Knesset Elections Law banning parties that incited racism. "

This sort of thing is illegal in Israel! Why do you keep bringing it up?

If it's illegal, who has been prosecuted?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 02:04 am
@0bserver,
0bserver wrote:

Antisemitic lies ! Did Israelis kill 6 million Palestinians?

Not yet, but it's only a matter of time.
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 03:09 am
@izzythepush,
You are the one fantasizing about this - no Israeli has ever implied anything that comes even close to this. I hope UK authorities are responsible enough to keep an eye on those who call for genocide like you.
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 03:16 am
@izzythepush,
The party was outlawed. Many anti-Arab activists are being regularly arrested.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/1.533096
http://www.jpost.com/Israel/35-right-wingers-arrested-in-Jericho

Something to consider doing in Europe to antisemitic activists.

People get arrested for praying (!!!!) in the wrong place even:

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=5963

a member of the parliament!! Imagine a MP arrested in the UK for praying in a place that Muslims don't approve of. In the UK, MPs can say "bloody Jew" on TV.. yes .. hidden camera, still.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 04:16 am
@0bserver,
0bserver wrote:
, MPs can say "bloody Jew" on TV.. yes .. hidden camera, still.

And lose the party whip. In Israel soldiers can shoot children for sport.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 04:18 am
@0bserver,
I'm the one calling for action to stop the killing of Palestinians. You support the genocide by telling lies about how decent the IDF is, and quoting a load of Mickey Mouse laws that never get enforced.
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 04:28 am
@izzythepush,
" In Israel soldiers can shoot children for sport."

Oh really? You can say lies like this? Ok:

In Aghanistan, UK soldiers shoot children for sport.
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 04:29 am
@izzythepush,
You said Israel was planning to kill millions of Palestinians. That was only your idea. No one else supports it. So yes, you are the one calling for genocide.
0bserver

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 04:31 am
@izzythepush,
"lose the party whip"?

I hope this isn't too harsh for him. He should go to jail!