Rodeo clown with Obama mask has big defender: Rush Limbaugh

Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 10:33 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
In effect, in my opinion, he is quite content to NOT play on an even playing field, so to speak. Isn't that interesting, since he accuses the U.S. of using its military strength to its advantage (not play on an even playing field) when dealing with developing nations.

The playing field isn't level, Foof, because so many of you are all too willing to go on in your deep delusion. "since he accuses" - see what I mean. The historical record illustrates that the US has done nothing but rape and pillage countries the world over.

There are no countries where the people are better off because of US invasions. They can't be because the US invades to essentially steal the wealth from those countries.

Your euphemisms, above, illustrate clearly just how deluded you are.

So, you imply that I am culpable for being born in the U.S., and am therefore not allowed to just live my life like a maple-leafed Canadian, engrossed in the minutia of a mundane existence? Also, perhaps, for those that believe that Jews are not exactly following any correct path would also make me culpable for being born into a Jewish family. Oh yes, considering there has been white racism in the U.S., I must also be culpable for being born white (or whitish?).

Please take an ethics course, so you can realize your assigning culpability is really quite bogus.

Your basic premise regarding who must be involved in your concerns is just a delusion at best, in my opinion.

You not only do not let us know your background, relative to nationality, etc., but you give no hint as to your educational level. That is really what makes you sound like a young person, in my opinion, with just a belief that you are involved in something quite important, in my opinion. You might need to get some better input, as to how to achieve your goals. I would start with a salesmanship course.
Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 11:02 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
you've shown yourself for exactly what you are.

These would be the fantasies/lies you've concocted and thrown up in a lame attempt to besmirch my character for having caught you out.

"Besmirch"? Is it 1860?
Foofie

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 11:06 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Foofie wrote:

... someone that came here as an adult could be at a disadvantage to understand this country's social history.

Is that why you have such strange ideas about Brahmins, Chicago Jews, and of all things...pioneers?

You need to take several courses in American History and by all means the History of Chicago to better understand America.

I assume based on several of you posts, that you've never seen the movie Goodbye Columbus or even read the book.

You need to become more enlightened about areas outside the City of NY.

"He eats like a bird." (Comment from the movie.)

Now please mind your own business about my opinions.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 01:49 pm
Another media created tempest in a tea pot. I dont see anyone lambasting the night time comedy shows. Let it lie and worry about something really important like health care and the murder rate in the U S.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 01:55 pm

"Rodeo clown with Obama mask has big defender. . . "

The Rodeo clown has NO need of any defender
inasmuch as he was defended by FREEDOM OF SPEECH
which is defended by the Supreme Law of the Land.

The clown in the Rodeo was 1OO% within his rights
to scorn, disdain and to ridicule the clown in the White House.

Its a little funny:
advocates of distortion (called "liberals")
like to disparage conservatives (not to imply that the Bushes were conservatives),
but thay cant handle being treated in like fashion.

Nevertheless, we have the freedom to do it to them anyway.

David

P.S.:
I agree with maybe about 7O% of what I 've heard from Rush.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 01:58 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don't you, when you start calling a white guy a racist for mocking another white guy you've lost the plot.

I know you were in Iraq,
I would sooner have gone to prison than get involved in that illegal war.
WHAT was "illegal" about that war, Izzy?

Which statute did it violate ?

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 02:11 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:
Not seeing a racist around every corner does not mean that there are not racist in some corners.
The clown show was clearly racist. The state issued an apology over it.
Did the clown give the state permission to represent him??
Racists have as much right to be around corners as u do.

If u claim that racists have LESS right to be around corners
than anyone else, then please prove your reasoning by explaining how thay got inferior rights.

David
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 02:39 pm
In the meantime, some people have uploaded cell-phone videos of the incident to YouTube. Here is one of them.

I don't know about you, but I see nothing in there that's specifically racist. Sure, you can interpret the act as disparaging Obama if you want to. But basically it's just rodeo announcers talking crap as they usually do. Nobody ever attended a rodeo for the quality of the oration.

As for the crowd, Jerry Beam's complaint about how "Everybody screamed” and “just went wild” is just not supported by the video. Nothing in the audience's reaction exceeds what you would expect based on the bull riding that was going on.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 02:46 pm
Edgar, Revelette, and Firefly, I never said that no Obama caricature is ever racist. I'm sure some of them are. But my peeve with the reaction to this incident is that everyone thought they knew exactly what was going on, based on a bare minimum of facts and Jerry Beam's strong opinion of what they represented. Each of you could have searched for a video to check their notions of the event against reality. How come I'm the first one, on page 10 and day 7, who made any effort to reality-check this?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 02:57 pm

The ONE thing that u need to be careful to avoid
is that u don't threaten anyone who occupies the presidency.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 02:58 pm
@Thomas,
I saw a video of the Rodeo clown before I ever posted in this thread. So what makes you think you're the first one who made any effort to reality check it?

I'm also not that disturbed by the Rodeo clown, and I said that in my first post in this thread. I'm considerably more disturbed by the more blatant expressions of racism directed at the President, and his wife as well.
Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 03:01 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
I saw a video of the Rodeo clown before I ever posted in this thread. So what makes you think you're the first one who made any effort to reality check it?

Because a constructive correspondent like you would surely have enlightened us with the result of such a check. It is, after all, the basis of what everyone is so upset about. Why not post it if you have it?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 03:05 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I refer you to my previous answers. We've already had this conversation.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 03:06 pm

Wow...research.

3 minutes and 8 seconds of grainy, long distance viewing...and Thomas is able to determine that there was no racist reaction from the crowd.

Nothing more than a bull riding fan like Thomas would expect from a bull riding crowd…and with what must be years and years of experience with bull riding crowds, I guess we should accept Thomas’ well-reasoned take on this.

Damn, I don’t blame him for needling the rest of us for not doing such incredible research…and analysis.

"Sarcasm"... for the brain dead.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 03:08 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
I'm also not that disturbed by the Rodeo clown,
and I said that in my first post in this thread. I'm considerably more disturbed
by the more blatant expressions of racism directed at the President, and his wife as well.
I wish to express my respect for your right to be "disturbed".
I have equal respect for the rights to blatant free expression
of those who have disturbed u.

May both u and thay have "equal protection of the laws"

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 03:11 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I refer you to my previous answers.
We've already had this conversation.
That has expired from my memory.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 03:15 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
Because a constructive correspondent like you would surely have enlightened us with the result of such a check. It is, after all, the basis of what everyone is so upset about. Why not post it if you have it?

Because I'm not that upset about it. And I said so in my first post in this thread.
http://able2know.org/topic/220289-6#post-5414885

And, in this post, I again pointed out the sort of things that disturb me more.
http://able2know.org/topic/220289-6#post-5414906

I also assumed that the people who were upset had actually seen the Rodeo clown. I believe I first saw video of that Rodeo event on either CNN or MSNBC, when the "controversy" first started.

Others here may also have seen that video. You seem to think that being "enlightened" by viewing it would cause them to change their opinions, but they may still be of the same opinion after viewing it. Not everyone may see things the way you do.

Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 03:24 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Others here may also have seen that video. You seem to think that being "enlightened" by viewing it would cause them to change their opinions, but they may still be of the same opinion after viewing it. Not everyone may see things the way you do.

I don't care if they don't. What I do care about is that they underpin their opinions with evidence. If somebody looked at the video and said "here's where the audience goes wild", or "here's an outburst of racism from the announcer that you wouldn't expect in a normal rodeo", that would be perfectly fine with me.
firefly

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 03:32 pm
@Thomas,
But you're attributing an opinion to me, about the Rodeo clown, that I never voiced.

And now you're suggesting I should have posted a video to underpin evidence for an opinion I never made.

Frankly, I can't understand why you're directing any of this at me. I think you mistakenly included me in a group I'm not part of.
Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 03:41 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
But you're attributing an opinion to me, about the Rodeo clown, that I never voiced.

That's a fair complaint. I apologize.
0 Replies