Rodeo clown with Obama mask has big defender: Rush Limbaugh

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 03:37 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

ehBeth wrote:
You are the only one who knows why you chose to post about your viewing and conclusions 8 pages after you said
Quote:
My immediate reaction to this event is that it's racism run rampant.

True enough. I should have said "to this report", not "to this event". And, I have learned by experience not to trust my immediate reaction --- to anything. So you're right. I shouldn't have assumed that the report accurately describes the event, and shouldn't have trusted my immediate interpretation of the report.

What specifically, in that pathetic 3 minutes of tape, do you see as informing us that the happening was not racist or that the audience did not react to racial baiting as reported?

And please, do not say, "The tape does not show these things happening."...because the tape also does not show any of the audience leaving the stands to take a leak...and that certainly would not be evidence that nobody there ever went to the restroom.

Viewing that tape, Thomas, does absolutely nothing to further understanding of the truthfulness of the reporting of what happened at that event.
JTT

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 09:20 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It is an attempt at intimidating people with whom you don't agree.

"You better either praise the man or keep your mouth shut or we're going to sew a big red "R" on your shirt!"

It is so intellectually pathetic it makes we want to slap the people who do it.

Do you think there are those at A2K that do this to me, Finn, considering the things I raise many don't agree with? Do you feel any great desire to slap any of that crowd?

Do you partake in these attempt[s] at intimidating people with whom you don't agree ?
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 09:33 am
oh, pity the poor dejected martyr to the cause....
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 09:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
What specifically, in that pathetic 3 minutes of tape, do you see as informing us that the happening was not racist or that the audience did not react to racial baiting as reported?

(1) Pathetic or not, the video's view on the happening is about the same that the original complainant, Perry Beam, would have had. It's the perspective of a regular audience member looking at a fast-moving scene, with neither a zoom lense nor slow-motion playback to hand. So if the video's information value is so pathetic that I can't draw any conclusions from it, it's a mystery how Mr. Beam could, looking at things from a similar perspective. And with no good information to go on, the whole thread would be moot. There would no credible complaint to begin with. If that's your takeaway, you have my --- excuse my language --- blessing.

(2) Notwithstanding your standard "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" chestnut, the audio track of the video does provide evidence of absence of a key claim of Mr. Beam's: "'Everybody screamed' and 'just went wild' when the rodeo announcer talked about stomping the clown, Beam told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch." If this was true, we would hear everybody screaming and going wild on the tape --- and that's not what we hear and see. So yes, the video does contain information to check Mr. Beam's story against.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 09:48 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

(1) Pathetic or not, the video's view on the happening is about the same that the original complainant, Perry Beam, would have had. It's the perspective of a regular audience member looking at a fast-moving scene, with neither a zoom lense nor slow-motion playback to hand. So if the video's information value is so pathetic that I can't draw any conclusions from it, it's a mystery how Mr. Beam could, looking at things from a similar perspective. And with no good information to go on, the whole thread would be moot. There would no credible complaint to begin with. If that's your takeaway, you have my --- excuse my language --- blessing.

(2) Notwithstanding your standard "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" chestnut, the audio track of the video does provide evidence of absence of a key claim of Mr. Beam's: "'Everybody screamed' and 'just went wild' when the rodeo announcer talked about stomping the clown, Beam told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch." If this was true, we would hear it on the tape --- and we don't. So yes, the video does contain information to check Mr. Beam's story against.

No, it doesn't. It is only three minutes of tape...of an event that took hours. And you have very little idea of what is included and what was excluded from the tape.

But you are determined to see nothing racial in the happening...and nothing racial will ever appear to you.

You've gotta live with that, Thomas.
Thomas

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 10:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
No, it doesn't. It is only three minutes of tape...of an event that took hours.

The particular event Mr Beam complains about: The appearance of the Obama clown --- did not take hours. You're reaching for straws here

Frank Apisa wrote:
But you are determined to see nothing racial in the happening...and nothing racial will ever appear to you.

Actually, as ehBeth pointed out yesterday, something racial did appear to me when I first read the report. But I have learned to mistrust and double-check first impressions. That's what I did here.

But can I expect? You have recently become determined to portray me as a smug and argumentative, so nothing contrary to that will ever appear to you.

(Over and out. Feel free to have the last word.)
roger

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 11:26 am
@Thomas,
I have also reconsidered my first reaction to the written description. I should know better than to glom onto second or third person accounts by now.
JTT

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:14 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I should know better than to glom onto second or third person accounts by now.

That's your life in a nutshell, Roger. Y'all are world class glommers of the most ludicrous bits of information/propaganda.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:16 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I have also reconsidered my first reaction to the written description. I should know better than to glom onto second or third person accounts by now.

Yeah, Roger, could see how someone could watch that very instructive three minute video and come away convinced that there were no racial intentions in the clown’s attire; that the crowd was always reasonably respectful of the President (or at least not unnecessarily disrespectful of him); and that no animals were hurt or in pain while the video was being shot. I could see how someone could come away convinced that anyone who was there and who suggested otherwise was probably just a subversive troublemaker and nothing more. I could see how a reasonable person could logically come away convinced that this was all just a misunderstanding prompted by people with an agenda to portray America as less than the extremely tolerant land that it is.

Oh...and of course that apple pie is an American invention meant to convey the dignity and respect for diversity within the American population.

(Gimme a break!)
JTT

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Top notch editorial writers too I'm told.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
just because Obama is part bkack does not mean that dislike or making fun of him is due to his being part black. maybe it is and maybe it is not......there are lots of good reasons to not like him and/or make fun of him. this particular event looks to be reds making fun of one of the blue leaders, which is reasonable given how adamant Obama is that being cheerleader for Dem causes is more important to him than is his obligation to represent and lead all of america.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

just because Obama is part bkack does not mean that dislike or making fun of him is due to his being part black.

Can't quarrel with that.

Quote:
maybe it is and maybe it is not......

Maybe.

Quote:
there are lots of good reasons to not like him and/or make fun of him. this particular event looks to be reds making fun of one of the blue leaders, which is reasonable given how adamant Obama is that being cheerleader for Dem causes is more important to him than is his obligation to represent and lead all of america.

Could be.

But the question I am dealing with now is the fact that there has been indication that because of the diligent "research" of one poster...the initial report has been shown to be in error...and that the tape pretty much establishes that all was innocent and just great fun.

In red-neck country...at a red-neck event!

And the guy doing the "research" doesn't see anything wrong with the big lips being blubbered or whatever...because he doesn't see that as racist.

Hawk...I appreciate your thoughts, but respectfully disagree.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
you all would all be on firmer ground if you complained about what was a clear instance of an acting out of america's culture of violence. that does not require any assumptions of motive. it is rather amazing what does and does not get Americans attention.
JTT

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 01:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
it is rather amazing what does and does not get Americans attention.

I've said that many a time, Hawk. Like a bunch of kids at Xmas.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 01:37 pm
The majority of good christian people of rural Mo. do not like Blacks, or Hispanics or anyone from outside their area wether white or pink with purple pookadots. I can attest to that from personal experience. Most are raciest. They most hate people from St Louis and Kansas City.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 03:15 pm
@RABEL222,
rural people also really hate big city folk who come around claiming to know better than them how they should live. Arrogant eggheads like Obama are three strikers.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 06:23 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

If you are content to have been lied to your whole life, if you are content to have successive US governments act like a vicious band of pirates, like the worst terrorists imaginable, if you are content to have your tax dollars used to rape, torture and murder innocents, poison children, then by all means live your simple minded life.

Fortunately, I was born in the U.S. of A to live that life. So, now that you have vented your contempt for me, stay the f*ck away from me on the forum; mind your own business, now that you have annointed me with your vitriol. Otherwise, one might think you are a sadist, if you would continue to bombast me with the same message. I got your message.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 06:31 pm
@RABEL222,
I spent some time watching the local/regional news coverage of this.

Most people said (who knows what they think) that they felt the president should be respected and that they didn't like what the rodeo clown and his team had done.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 06:33 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

That has to be the most eloquent insult I have ever seen.

Perhaps, he does not realize how the U.S. kept his country safe during the Cold War. And, it was not inexpensive to maintain the Dew Line, and Curtis LeMay's contribution to a secure free world. So, Canada was able to live with little concern for any hostile forces in the world, since the U.S. was footing the bill.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 08:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Because it is redundant and crude.