Rodeo clown with Obama mask has big defender: Rush Limbaugh

JTT

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 03:44 pm
@Foofie,
You're usually much lamer than this, Foofie. What's become of you?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 03:51 pm
@Foofie,
More deep delusion, Foofie. You completely avoided the part where the historical record points up that the US has done nothing but rape and pillage countries the world over.

If you are content to have been lied to your whole life, if you are content to have successive US governments act like a vicious band of pirates, like the worst terrorists imaginable, if you are content to have your tax dollars used to rape, torture and murder innocents, poison children, then by all means live your simple minded life.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 04:13 pm
@Thomas,
quit reading this thread a long time back. Just saw this post. My words were aimed at another, not you, Thomas. I don't recall offhand who, but I do know it was another.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 04:27 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
How come I'm the first one, on page 10 and day 7, who made any effort to reality-check this?

how do you know that is the case?
Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 04:29 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
how do you know that is the case?

Let me rephrase: "How come I'm the first one, on page 10 and day 7, who posted any effort to reality-check this to the thread?"
ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 04:38 pm
@Thomas,
You are the only one who knows why you chose to post about your viewing and conclusions 8 pages after you said

http://able2know.org/topic/220289-2#post-5414103

Quote:
My immediate reaction to this event is that it's racism run rampant.
Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 04:50 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
You are the only one who knows why you chose to post about your viewing and conclusions 8 pages after you said
Quote:
My immediate reaction to this event is that it's racism run rampant.

True enough. I should have said "to this report", not "to this event". And, I have learned by experience not to trust my immediate reaction --- to anything. So you're right. I shouldn't have assumed that the report accurately describes the event, and shouldn't have trusted my immediate interpretation of the report.
nydia2013

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 05:04 pm
@firefly,
Quote:

Well, if it's such a lame response, on izzythepush's part, to say that you're being cowardly, what's the real reason you don't you reveal your nationality?

Mebbe fear. Fear that you will have a club with which to hit him/her with. Cowardly people often hide, not revealing much about themselves. These timid folks will cower behind their computer like a broken record stuck in a rut singing the same ole same ole one-note tune, no variation. Something is disturbing the individual, badly, else he would change tunes once in a while. Wonder what he is trying to hide. Better to ignore people who are this afraid to give any information about themselves. They might be bad news.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 05:17 pm
@Thomas,
and - for free - I'll tell you that what I found odd about the various clips I watched/heard at the beginning was the weird Vern voice the announcer put on every time he mentioned Obama

I actually thought he was trying to heat up the crowd against the clown/Obama - unsuccessfully - and kept pushing

(people do go for the announcers in some cases - rodeo announcers can be well-known, and followed, in the circuit, much like baseball/hockey announcers)
Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 05:33 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
and - for free - I'll tell you that what I found odd about the various clips I watched/heard at the beginning was the weird Vern voice the announcer put on every time he mentioned Obama

I actually thought he was trying to heat up the crowd against the clown/Obama - unsuccessfully - and kept pushing

Fair enough. Thanks for the good price.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 07:52 pm
@Foofie,
That has to be the most eloquent insult I have ever seen.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 08:35 pm
@revelette,
You post a comment in an internet discussion forum and you invite all responses. I've no problem with the umbrage you've taken (in any way) but you asked what right I have to comment on your post.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 08:37 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Presidents, after all, are simply elected servents of the people. We don't come together every 4 years to coronate a king, and most certainly not a god-king.

And yet that's exactly what is done, Finn. You elect a god-king for one group. When they break the law as they always do, they are given a pass.

To a great degree you are right, but that there are willing subjects doesn't mean everyone has to treat the president like a king.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 08:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

A Republican politician in Florida sent this pic out today. Of course we are just looking for something to get upset about if we call it racist:
http://cdn.crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2009/07/obama-witchdoctor-_f2dc8.jpg

No, this is racist and deplorable.

It is unquestionably racist but there is a very unfortunate element here which suggests that native Africans are worthy of ridicule and therefore comparing a black American to them is insulting. I don't mean to suggest you think this way of Africans, but this sort of base nonsense disturbs me on several levels.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 08:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

"Sarcasm"... for the brain dead.

If you feel the need to identify it, you shouldn't use it.
JTT

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 08:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Frank is an editorial writer of long standing, Finn. He doesn't need advice from amateurs.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 09:15 pm
The guy is a rodeo clown.

How is a rodeo clown going to lampoon anyone?

Doing acerbic stand-up for 10 minutes while a raging bull lines him up for a charge?

No, he is going to invite the bull to charge the figure he is lampooning. Whether that figure is white; black; red; yellow; male; female; straight; gay; liberal; conservative; Christian; Muslim or Atheist.

When Bush was president there were black comedians doing outrageous routines about him in front of largely black audiences.

So what?

The comedians probably didn't like Bush but, whether they did or not, they understood their audiences didn't and would appreciate the routines.

The rodeo clown is white and performed before a largely white audience that attends rodeos rather than comedy clubs featuring pithy urban black comedians.He rightly surmised they aren't big fans of Obama.

What is the difference?

If you are at a rodeo, a comedy club, a musical concert etc and the performer offends you...leave. You are not a hero by making a big stink about it and posting videos on YouTube, you are simply a fame whore.

There is a large segment of our population today that moves through life hoping they will be offended so they can get a chance to "reveal the ugly truth," and spout off.

What really bugs me is the apparent assumption made by a lot more people than is healthy, that if someone doesn't like Obama, or ridicules Obama or even criticizes Obama then that person is guilty of racial animus.

It is an attempt at intimidating people with whom you don't agree.

"You better either praise the man or keep your mouth shut or we're going to sew a big red "R" on your shirt!"

It is so intellectually pathetic it makes we want to slap the people who do it.

Unfortunately, so many of them don't even know what they are doing. They've been so thoroughly programmed that they just react to these things like Pavlov's dogs.

The country is going to hell in a handbasket and the world is aflame and people are bent out of shape about a rodeo clown?
JTT

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 09:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It is an attempt at intimidating people with whom you don't agree.

Do you see any of that here at A2K, Finn?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 09:25 pm
@JTT,
Of course.

People here do it all the time and not only in the way I have addressed.

You do it.

There is, I think, a difference between attempted intimidation by force of intellect and by specious allegation.

You, by the way, have attempted both methods.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 03:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

"Sarcasm"... for the brain dead.

If you feel the need to identify it, you shouldn't use it.

Because...

...because why?

Is it written somewhere, "Thou shalt not use sarcasm...if you feel the need to identify it?"

I must have missed that.

(More sarcasm!)