The moral differences between the holocaust and bombing Japan

JTT

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 10:39 am
@farmerman,
The chickenshit "academic", and I use that term really lightly, puts in an appearance.
Foofie

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 12:40 pm
Let's say that hypothetically the war with Japan ended without using the bomb. Since nations get ready for the next war, during peace, development of the bomb would have continued in more than a few nations. Then when there was another adversarial military situation, between nations (choose any from 1946 to present) the bomb might have then been used, since no one could really know the "horror" of the bomb. Now, in my opinion, if one can agree that the bomb would have been used at some point, even if it wasn't on Japan, one could argue that by using it on Japan, and seeing the "horror" of the bomb, that could be the reason it hasn't been used since. So, where am I going with this? Oh, simple; since the Imperial Japanese had been mercilessly killing our Marines, and treating POW's in a less than humane way, one could argue that the Japanese earned the right to be the prototype victim of nuclear weapons.

Now, the above is not racist, in my opinion. It just argues that if someone had to eventually be a victim, the Japanese might have been the victim with the least ethical argument to not be a prototype victim. In a way, their having the bomb dropped on them might have made a nuclear bomb free world since then.
JTT

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 03:04 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
So, where am I going with this? Oh, simple; since the Imperial Japanese had been mercilessly killing our Marines, and treating POW's in a less than humane way, one could argue that the Japanese earned the right to be the prototype victim of nuclear weapons.

You've just described a situation, Foofie, where the next guinea pigs for the next amoral weapon would have to be the US and its citizens because they, collectively, have been mercilessly killing innocents since before the US was founded and it continues, unabated, to this day.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 07:03 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I felt the stirrings of detente.

Smile
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 03:50 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
What safeguards have we put in to prevent these events from happening again in the future?

None that I know of but I do wonder if transparency could be a start.

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 07:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well we can agree these were times in history that we don't want to see happen again. So should we put in safe guards? So that it can be prevented from happening again? Is that not the moral of the story, when look at pictures from these events? It happened, is the past, so lets learn from it. After all we can all agree also that any person you meet, if you look back far enough you shared a common relative so that makes us all at the very least cousins Smile
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 04:09 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
Well we can agree these were times in history that we don't want to see happen again. So should we put in safe guards?

Yes most intellectual and empathic people would agree in my opinion.

Quote:
So that it can be prevented from happening again?

Yes

Quote:
Is that not the moral of the story, when look at pictures from these events?

Yes very observant of you Peter.

Quote:
It happened, is the past, so lets learn from it. After all we can all agree also that any person you meet, if you look back far enough you shared a common relative so that makes us all at the very least cousins Smile

Yes we are all related too even those who act out the worst among us.

I would like to share something new with you that I just learned. You should know by now that not all people who have schizophrenia behave the same way or have the same characters they just share some things in common.
What I would like you to also know "if you do not already know is that not all sociopaths behave immoral or at least to the point that we have demonized them to be.

Sorry about the poor audio

farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 04:15 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
You should know by now that not all people who have schizophrenia behave the same way.
Except that all of them rely upon videos to make points that they are unable to communicate themselves.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 04:18 pm
@farmerman,
He's like a bloody Jehovah's Witness, actually he's a lot worse. I'd rather spent a day with that bunch reading back issues of The Watchtower than watch another one of RL's shitty videos.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 04:48 pm
@farmerman,
That's a really dumb dumb thing to come from an "academic", Farmer. You oughta be ashamed of yourself.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 06:23 pm
@JTT,

Quote:
That's a really dumb dumb thing to come from an "academic", Farmer. You oughta be ashamed of yourself.

I do not think that he realizes that Peter Jeffrey Cobb has schizophrenia and I hope that Izzy realizes that not all Jehovah wittinesses mean to be as bad as he thinks them to be.

I think farmerman is uninformed on this subject but yet he is an intellectual on evolution and I hope that Izzy may be able to see his flaws in what he said as well.

JTT would you disagree with me saying that both me and you get it wrong too at times?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 09:05 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
You know I am an American. I was born in the U.S.A. And I went to a war while serving in U.S. Army.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 08:14 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
I was born in the U.S.A. And I went to a war while serving in U.S. Army.

I did not know this. I tried to enlist but they were not interested.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 08:45 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Peter do you think this is close to ethnic cleansing?

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:06 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
The war I went to estimates of up to 200,000 people died and over 400,00 wounded.
JTT

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:08 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
JTT would you disagree with me saying that both me and you get it wrong too at times?

You maybe, but never me.

Smile

That's a given, RL. No one is right all the time.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:10 am
@JTT,
Quote:
The chickenshit "academic", and I use that term really lightly, puts in an appearance.

Just to make it clear, 'academic' was the term I used lightly.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:12 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

I did not know this. I tried to enlist but they were not interested
They could have used you in special services . Youd have been one hell of a projectionist
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:20 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
They could have used you in special services . Youd have been one hell of a projectionist

Yea they just don't know what they missed do they!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:23 am
@farmerman,
A rank apologist like you, Farmerman, for war criminals and terrorists should not be pointing fingers.
0 Replies