The moral differences between the holocaust and bombing Japan

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 05:24 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:
Jews lived there while it was still the country of Palestine. Many religions lived there.

The Jews though are the indigenous population. The others are, at best, illegal immigrants.

When we decided to carve out a piece of Palestine and call it a different Country is when the conflict stared. Not many days after. And it has not stopped ever since.

Muslims don't like it when they are prevented from stealing other people's land and holy sites.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 05:34 pm
@oralloy,
Palestine is a Holy Land for all the Abrahamic religions. As it should be. People from all over the world from different religions go there. Its a Place full of history for those religions.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 05:53 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Palestine is a Holy Land for all the Abrahamic religions. As it should be. People from all over the world from different religions go there. Its a Place full of history for those religions.

Nonsense. The only reason Muslims are interested in the area is because they like to steal other people's holy sites.

Xianity has a bit of history there, but the true centers of Xianity are Rome and Constantinople (the later being another example of Muslims stealing other people's holy sites).
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:05 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Nonsense. The only reason the Muslims are interested in the area is because they like to steal other people's holy sites.

Oralloy are you Jewish?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:06 pm
@oralloy,
Is Christianity a branch of Abrahamic religions? Is Islam a branch also? Was not the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Land a part of the Abrahamic religion history? Is not about what religions "Rules" the place. All those people from Abrahamic religions should be able to see the historic places for their religion.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Oralloy are you Jewish?

No. Agnostic Catholic.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:24 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
No. Agnostic Catholic.

Would you relate yourself to being clergy or close to it?
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:28 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Is Christianity a branch of Abrahamic religions?

Yes. But that does not give them any right to steal Jewish holy sites.

Is Islam a branch also?

Perhaps. I'm not sure how legitimate their claim is.

If they are, it certainly doesn't give them any right to steal Jewish and Xian holy sites.

Was not the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Land a part of the Abrahamic religion history?

Yes. The Jewish people are indigenous to the West Bank area.

Is not about what religions "Rules" the place.

Unfortunately it is, because certain religions seem to think they have the right to steal other peoples' holy sites.

All those people from Abrahamic religions should be able to see the historic places for their religion.

There is a bit of a difference between visiting a holy place, and stealing it for your own religion.

I don't think Jews would mind overmuch if the only thing other religions did was come for a visit and enjoy the history.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:34 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Unfortunately it is, because certain religions seem to think they have the right to steal other peoples' holy sites.

Does this include Jews or are they always in the right?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:36 pm
@oralloy,
Well you are right no one should steal anything. It should be marked as a historical site for all to see.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
oralloy wrote:
No. Agnostic Catholic.

Would you relate yourself to being clergy or close to it?

No. I've never even considered it. Not my cup of tea.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:44 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Have you ever considered yourself to be a psychopathic supporter?
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Does this include Jews

I am unaware of Jews ever trying to steal someone else's holy site.

reasoning logic wrote:
or are they always in the right?

So far they are.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:49 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Well you are right no one should steal anything. It should be marked as a historical site for all to see.

What Jews do with their own holy sites is up to them. They will probably welcome visitors up to a certain point, but don't expect there to ever be guided tours of the Holy of Holies.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:53 pm
@oralloy,
And why is that? Did the people that the sites became called Holy from, Did they not all people to see them? Is this not a part of Human history? If a person has not decided how they want to chose to worship God yet, Shouldn't they be allowed to see the historic places.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Have you ever considered yourself to be a psychopathic supporter?

The fact that I'm not a psychopath means that I'm not a psychopathic anything. I'm not sure what you mean by "a supporter".

I've never supported psychopaths.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 07:02 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
And why is that?

Because the Holy of Holies is off limits to all but the high priest, and I think even he only enters to perform certain ceremonies.

Did the people that the sites became called Holy from, Did they not all people to see them? Is this not a part of Human history? If a person has not decided how they want to chose to worship God yet, Shouldn't they be allowed to see the historic places.

Being interested in history does not give anyone the right to violate the sanctity of other religions' holy places.

Observing buildings from the outside, or entering the parts of the buildings that you are invited to enter, is fine. Intruding into private areas where you are unwelcome, not so fine.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 07:09 pm
@oralloy,
Is that what causes all this violence? Is groups of people saying "This my historic place and no one else should be allowed here!"?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 11:14 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I think here it says
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_calf
That this story is in more than one Abrahamic religion. Is the moral of it to worship God and not Idols or buildings? The historical places do have a lot of history but the Abrahamic religions worships God.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 04:21 pm
@farmerman,
Please do.