Do You Know What Time It Is? Time For The A2K NFL Pick-Um Game!

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 06:17 am
@realjohnboy,
thank you Pat

Mr. Green
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 06:30 am
@realjohnboy,
Those 3 are brave souls. Nice way to start the game-picking week.
panzade

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 07:51 am
@Ragman,
So improbable...like a scene from Remember The Titans with Denzel jumping up and down.
A safety to win in overtime?
Come on!
Ragman

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 08:01 am
@panzade,
I have to say for such a sloppily played game there was some amazing moments that made it all worth the watching but the ending leaves you breathless. Wake was on him so fast as he stepped back in the end zone that he had no time to react. QB Dalton calculated wrong and it cost them the game by a Safety! Mercy...is that an event that is a coach-killer..or what?

I feel real bad for them that they lost All-pro defensive tackle Geno Atkins for the rest of the season. The loss of the game was crushing enough but losing arguably the finest defensive star in NFL has to be devastating.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 01:19 pm
WEEK #9 PREVIEW:
We as a group are quite confident about the games this week, agreeing on 83% of our picks. We have two games that are tossups: Tennessee @ St Louis (each of which got 9 votes) and San Diego @ Washington (10-8).
Johnboy, Tico and Ragman agree with the majority of every game.
Of course, that was before last night's Miami vs Cincinnati game.
Rhys, Kolyo and Coastal, our leaders, all picked the Bengals. They are roughly singing the same tune in the remaining games.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 03:36 pm
Through the early games Ehbeth and McGentrix are 6-1. Cowdoc and Coastalrat are 5-2.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 09:30 pm
During halftime, head coach Gary Kubiak collapsed on the sideline. Official update is that he is at a local hospital, conscious & with family.
panzade

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 10:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Good thing he wasn't there at the end of the game.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 11:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oddly, I havent been following, so back later when I know more.

I have been reticient to speek of andy reed, a smart man.

I worry about him, I think he is unwell.

but he
George

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 12:22 am
Sorry for no tables this week.
I am posting this from Waikiki as I sip a mai tai.
Aloha.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 12:25 am
@George,
have some poi for me, eh georgie...?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:25 am
By my tally...
McGentrix, Cowdoc and ehBeth are 9-3 ahead of tonight's Bears @ Packers game. We all are picking Green Bay. McGentrix predicts total points of 45; ehBeth is going with 48 and Cowdoc thinks it will be 51. Ehbeth is kind of boxed in.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 06:18 am
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/941810_10202433711828161_749408066_n.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 07:38 am
@realjohnboy,
Good thing I've been practicing my box step with a shimmy Very Happy
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 02:49 pm
@ehBeth,
Your small box for winning the week, ehBeth, is if the total points scored is 47, 48 or 49. McGentrix wins if the total is 46 or fewer while Cowdoc is hoping for 50 or more.
Do You Know What Time It Is? It's STORYTIME!
I got a call today from a guy, I think he said his name is Thomas. My staff forgot to tell me he had called Friday after I had gone home. Thomas asked if he could set up his hot dog stand (his small box) in front of my store. In addition to the public sidewalk I have about 12' x 80" of sidewalk that is on my property. He said that he has the necessary license and insurance.
I asked him to call back on Wednesday which would give me time to think about things like trash and rent.
My staff and I tried to come up with an appropriate rent which led Andy to google. He found HotDogVendorNews. Did you know that the prime spot in NYC is outside the Met Museum of Art? The winning bid was, are you ready for this, something like $500,00o/year for about 100 sq ft!!
I was thinking more along the lines of $8 a day. No charge if the weather was too nasty to set up or there wasn't enough foot traffic to justify being open.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 03:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
what?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 04:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Huh, I got a phone call, and so much for my talking about Andy Reid. He's such a good coach - or so I take it. Seems like a wise man, from what I read. Anyway, he like many has a weight problem that I am guessing is not good for him. I've been a chub myself, so I'm not trying to be derogatory. None of my business, but I'll like him to stay well and coach for a long time.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 04:59 pm
@realjohnboy,
I love STORYTIME!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 05:05 pm
@panzade,
Me too. Johnboy is so good at it. I can just hear him..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 05:28 pm
@realjohnboy,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/RumbaBasicBoxStep.JPG
0 Replies