Do You Know What Time It Is? Time For The A2K NFL Pick-Um Game!

CowDoc

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 09:18 am
@CoastalRat,
Got lucky.....you may note my incredibly accurate prediction that, once I changed my pick to Detroit, the Vikings were guaranteed winners.
CoastalRat

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 05:00 pm
@CowDoc,
Which is exactly why I switched to the Vikings. lol
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 10:16 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
The first round I'll be in for 5-7 days including observation to watch for (expected side effects). Afterward, the first time, it'll be only 2 days of out-patient treatment.

Alls well here and I'm feeling well and with very few side effects to speak of. I was an in-patient VA hospital from Friday for about 3-4 days. I probably am the only chemo patient that put on weight during my stay. In fact my /'f Leslie and I danced to some Motown tunes while I was being chemo-ed.

I'm blessed to have a reasonable energy and activity level. I'm being taken good care of by my g/f Leslie who really knows how to shape the experience and care of someone in my situation.

Thanks to all the well-wishers (and pardon my diversion).

Great NFL season and congrats to the winners and all participants. Thanks to RJB and whoever else had assisted the tally process (memory lapse).
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 01:39 pm
That is excellent news, Ragman, It seems like everything went according to plan.
This thread is winding down but please try to join us in our next adventure. It's the NFL Road To The Superbowl game. It's a really simple game. We're picking the winners in this weekend's Wild Card matches and then through the Super Bowl. Minimal investment of time!
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 08:56 am
@Ragman,
Yay, Rags! Sounds like you're a lucky man to have Leslie.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 12:22 pm
KHOU 11 News
BREAKING: Houston Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips was fired Saturday as new head coach Bill O’Brien continues to overhaul the coaching staff.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 12:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
I just read the whole staff was getting notice (or it was assumed so from a parade of two or three minute meetings).
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 02:58 pm
@ossobuco,
The new coach apparently wants to pick his entire staff from scratch. Probably the correct approach.
Ragman

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 06:57 am
@edgarblythe,
I agree but I sure feel do sorry for the families of the coaches' assistants. All those kids get routed out of their schools and have a new city, state and culture in which they have to re-adjust.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 12:39 pm
@Ragman,
Wade Phillips is just moving into a new house in the Houston area. Don't know what he is planning. If he does more football, it will be because he loves the game so much, as he doesn't need the money.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 01:27 pm
Here is the schedule for the rest of the playoffs. Perhaps one of y'all could also post it in a bracket form. Remember to pick ALL of the remaining games by 1 pm ET on Sat Jan 11th:

AFC
Game 1- (1/12 4 pm) - San Diego @ Denver
Game 2- (1/11 8 pm) - Indianapolis @ New England

NFC
Game 3- (1/11 4 pm) - New Orleans @ Seattle
Game 4- (1/12 1 pm) - San Francisco @ Carolina

AFC
Game 5 (1/19) - winner of Game 1 vs winner of Game 2
NFC
Game 6 (1/19) - winner of Game 3 vs winner of Game 4

SuperBowl (2/2) - winner of Game 5 vs winner of Game 6 (+ final score)

I ask that you wait to pick until someone confirms that this schedule is accurate.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 03:52 pm
Game 1- Denver
Game 2- New England
Game 3- Seattle
Game 4- San Francisco

Game 5- Denver
Game 6- Seattle

Super Bowl- Denver, 34-24
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 04:00 pm
@realjohnboy,

um... shouldn't this go on the other thread?
http://able2know.org/topic/229664-1
0 Replies