Do You Know What Time It Is? Time For The A2K NFL Pick-Um Game!

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 05:25 pm
I got picks from AndyD and Rhys. I also made my choices. In the interest of saving space, I am reporting them like this:

JOHNBOY: Carolina, Green Bay, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, NY Giants, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Miami, Detroit, New England, New Orleans, Denver, Arizona, Kansas City, Seattle, Philadelphia (24-21).

ANDYD: Car, Chicago, Tenn, PITT, Washington, Cincy, Indy, NY Jets, Det, NE, Tampa Bay, Den, San Francisco, KC, Sea, Phil (28-10).

RHYS: Car, GBay, Tenn, Pitt, Wash, Cincy, Indy, Mia, Minnesota, NE, NO, Den, AZ, San Diego, Sea, Phil (38-16).

Paraphrasing Rhy's comment on Wash @ NYG: I'm reminded of a holiday thing: fruitcake. No one wants to go for it.
0 Replies

Miz Cowdoc

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 08:12 pm
@realjohnboy,
Carolina
Chicago
Tennessee
Pittsburgh
Giants
Cincinnati
Indy
Miami
Minnesota
New England
New Orleans
Denver
SF
San Diego
Seattle

Philly 27 - 21
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 10:59 pm
@realjohnboy,
12/29 early:
Carolina @ Atlanta
Chicago
Houston
Pittsburgh
NY Giants
Baltimore
Jacksonville
Miami
Detroit
New England
Tampa Bay
late:
Denver
Arizona
San Diego
Seattle
night:
Dallas (35-28)

Ok, so here's the deal. My 11 year old daughter has made every pick for me this year. I have had her circle them in the newspaper and then I get them listed here.

It has served to get her a bit more interested in football. Anyways, I will do better next year when my 17 year old son picks for me.

See you in the playoffs when I take the reigns back.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 06:19 am
People picking Cowboys do know Romo is out for the season, don't they?
panzade

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 06:36 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

Of course! That's why they're picking the Cowboys!
JPB

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 09:39 am
@realjohnboy,
WEEK #17 Schedule
12/29 early:
Carolina @ Atlanta
Green Bay @ Chicago
Houston @ Tennessee
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Washington @ NY Giants
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Jacksonville @ Indianapolis
NY Jets @ Miami
Detroit @ Minnesota
Buffalo @ New England
Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
late:
Denver @ Oakland
San Francisco @ Arizona
Kansas City @ San Diego
St Louis @ Seattle
night:
Philadelphia @ Dallas (28-21)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 09:52 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Quote:

Of course! That's why they're picking the Cowboys!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg16/scaled.php?server=16&filename=symbolthumbsupgreend.png&res=landing
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:05 pm
@realjohnboy,
Carolina
Green Bay- only because Rogers is starting
Houston
Pittsburgh
NY Giants
Baltimore--this is an iffy pick
Indianapolis
Miami
Detroit
New England
New Orleans
Denver
San Francisco
Kansas City
Seattle
Philadelphia 24-10 (only because I had to pick one of them)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:33 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

12/29 early:
Carolina @ Atlanta

Could your daughter clarify her choice, please?

We are only missing Lightening22.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:40 pm
@realjohnboy,
I still might want to go for Minnesota.
I'm waiting until the Bird of Paradise flies over to give me a clue. But, it's only Friday.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 09:05 pm
@realjohnboy,
Pardon my transcription error. Can you chg my pick to Det? (It had been Minn.)
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 09:43 pm
@realjohnboy,
Johnboy, I just heard Adrian Peterson is doubtful for Sunday. Without him, I can't feel good about the Vikings - please give me Detroit in that one instead, thus guaranteeing a Minnesota win.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 11:32 pm
I gotta change my Green Bay pick.
These will supersede my previous picks

12/29 early:

Carolina
Green Bay
Tennessee
Pittsburgh
NY Giants
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Miami
Minnesota
New England
New Orleans

late:

Denver
Arizona
San Diego
Seattle

night:

Philadelphia(31-24)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 11:44 pm
I got a feeling Monday heads will roll .

Tampa Bay-Greg Schiano. A mediocre college coach at best

Washington-Shanahan-Owner Daniel Snyder can't take anymore

Detroit-Lions coach Jim Schwartz lost it for this team

Minnesota - Frazier Nice guy good coach.Rode Adrian Peterson for 2 years. Ride is over.

Jets -Rex Ryan Reprieve?

Oakland-Dennis Allen's record is 8-24 over two years; not good enough to save his job
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 08:31 am
Not sure if there are any more convoluted races still going on for other teams, but here's what I'm watching this weekend.

Quote:
Obviously, the most important thing is for the Saints to win. That guarantees them a spot in the 2013 NFL playoffs. But what happens in the Panthers-Falcons and 49ers-Cardinals games greatly affects their exact playoff seeding. With some luck, the Saints could actually still grab the No. 2 overall seed and a first-round bye, though the most likely scenario is a No. 6 seed. If the Saints lose, then they're heavily dependent on luck to even make the playoffs.

*If the Saints win and the Panthers lose, the Saints will get the No. 2 seed in the NFC and a first-round bye. The outcome of the 49ers/Cardinals game doesn't matter.
*If the Saints win, the Panthers win, and the 49ers win/tie, the Saints will get the No. 6 seed.
*If the Saints win, the Panthers win, and the Cardinals win, the Saints will get the No. 5 seed.
*If the Saints lose, the Panthers win, and the 49ers win, the Saints will get the No. 6 seed.
*If the Saints lose, the Panthers lose, and the 49ers win, the Saints will get the No. 6 seed.
*If the Saints lose and the Cardinals win/tie, the Saints will not make the playoffs. It doesn't matter whether the Panthers win or lose.
panzade

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 08:38 am
@JPB,
My Dolphins are in a convoluted situation too.
Quote:
While the Dolphins must win their final game a win does not guarantee them anything. They need one of two things to happen. Either the Baltimore Ravens lose or the San Diego Chargers win. It literally is that simple.

Miami could see themselves in a five way tie at 8-8 if they lose on Sunday. They would be tied with the Jets, Steelers, Ravens, and Chargers. If that scenario were to play out, the Steelers would have the sixth seed. You may ask yourself why the Steelers when Miami beat them as well as a split with the Jets and a win over the Chargers. The formula actually is simple.

The first tie-breakers when more than two teams are tied is divisional record. In this case the Dolphins are eliminated by the Jets due to division record leaving the Jets tied with the other four. The Ravens would lose out based on division tie-breakers with the Steelers leaving the Jets, Steelers, and Chargers where the Chargers win based on conference record. While it seems simple enough on paper the Dolphins are not the only team holding their breath at 4:00.

While it’s possible Miami could lock up the sixth seed by the late game kick-off it’s also very likely that both Miami and Baltimore start eyeing the San Diego – Chiefs game kicking off after 4:00. A San Diego win puts Miami in and a loss put them out.. In other words while Miami is looking for Baltimore to lose and vice versa if both teams win both will be looking at San Diego. A loss by the Bolts will send Baltimore to the post-season.

The one thing Miami does control is their game against the Jets. There is no room for error and a loss will as stated eliminate them from the playoffs. The Jets may not be playing for the post-season but they could be playing for Rex Ryan’s job. Ryan has been the subject of many media and fan predictions for first coach fired after seasons end.

Both Baltimore and Miami kick their games off at 1:00 while New England and San Diego kick-off at four. New England’s game against Buffalo is important as the Bengals could move into a first round bye with a win and NE loss. The fact that the Bengals play at one means they are playing for something and not looking to rest their starters like Kansas City who will not use their starters the entire game.

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 12:53 pm
I am changing my pick to San Diego from Kansas City. KC has clinched a wild card berth and they are on the road. Their bye week was in Week #10.
I could see them resting their starters.

We still need picks from Lightening22.
CoastalRat

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 03:28 pm
@realjohnboy,
I hate to do this to you, but I'm going to change a couple of my picks. I would like to take SanDiego over KC and Minn over Detroit. I am still debating one other game, but will probably not change it at this point.

Oh, and I just talked to Lightening and reminded him about his picks. He will probably get them in by the end of the day today.
0 Replies

Lightning22

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 05:29 pm
WEEK #17 Schedule
12/29 early:
Carolina
Green Bay
Tennessee
Pittsburgh
NY Giants
Cincinnati
Indianapolis