ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 06:33 pm
That reminds me of my earring expenditures, Eva... these nods to the well-being, ahhh, spirits, are surely markers for this kind of slow harrowing progress. And just in time for spring tiptoeing....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 06:41 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Eva--

And when they kiss your toes, honk an air horn in the kisser's left ear.

HAHAHA!!! I consider it a major accomplishment that I haven't hit anybody yet.

What do you think of my new look for spring? I plucked a rose from the garden and added some matching pink ribbons. Pink is THE color this year, so I've been told.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 06:45 pm
Good to hear Eva!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 06:49 pm
Sliding to the anger matters...
Your friend may not be apologizing for lawsuit reasons, by instinct if not calculation, combined with natural horror.
Not to dump on him, if I were him I would feelreally awful, like my world was twirling.
Anyway, lawsuits won don't really fix things anyway. The easiest way to diminish your reasonable rage, seems to me, is to have things improve greatly. But even then...

And on insurance, I have insurance, and my eye surgeries leave me way out of pocket, and I don't have pockets. Perhaps you have great insurance. Consider this situation if you didn't, had a high deductible as I do... not to mention that they usually don't cover to full billing in the first place.

I understand your reluctance to go there, for yourself and your husband too. Life is short and nobody meant it to happen to you, and anger breeds
foment, and who wants foment.

Well, this is not to get you aggravated - I just can't seem to help posting my concern, for you, and for the behavior that allowed this to happen.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 06:57 pm
Improvements in hearing, a pedicure, some pink flowers and ribbons - well, that is all to the good!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 07:47 pm
I do understand what you're saying, osso. And if I wind up having considerable expenses, I may have to look into it whether my husband agrees or not.

Burns my hide, though. They haven't even called or e-mailed to check on me. My husband says they probably figure my hearing came back soon after we left and don't think it's a big deal. Hmph. That's no excuse. I think I'll send them an e-mail myself and fill them in.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:21 pm
Go for it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:28 pm
I just did. I tried to make it friendly but factual. We shall see if & how they respond. That will determine whether I will still consider them friends.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:33 pm
Eva, your hair ribbon and accessories are lovely...it may start a new trend.

I agree with you; your husband's friend should have apologized, or at least checked in on your well being.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:49 pm
Hope you get all better, Eva.

I don't remember exactly from what, I think a concert, but I screwed up my hearing in one ear for a few days once, and it was really painful. I couldn't listen on the phone in that ear because the voice would actually hurt my ear. Like you said, sounded like radio static. I was worried I permanently damaged something, but luckily I think it all came back. Even though having a "ghetto" stereo in my car for a few years didn't help the cause.

Anyway, good luck with everything.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:53 pm
Eva, I am so sorry about your hearing loss!

I just noticed this thread now, so please forgive me for now responding sooner.

I know it's of now help to you, just want you to know you're in our prayers and thoughts and we are here if you need anything!

Blessings and hugs to our Eva!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:08 pm
Yay Eva! here is to ongoing improvement!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 04:44 am
Eva--

You new look is postitively divine!

Sending the e mail was a good idea. Now you know that they will be acting on fact, not supposition.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 04:52 pm
Quick update:

The hearing hasn't changed in the last week and a half, but the doctor is still very optimistic about my chances of getting most or all of it back. Says it will most likely take a few months, though. He is referring me to an ENT who may have some ideas re: speeding it up. He will also be able to test my hearing more thoroughly. Meanwhile, I am adapting to the hearing loss...at least a little. I am no longer exhausted every day. That's a start, right?

Did receive a nice reply to my e-mail to the friends in Louisiana who own the hunting camp. The wife responded in all the right ways...i.e., I'm so sorry, didn't know what to say, have been praying for you & will continue...feel just awful...want to reimburse you for medical expenses...etc. I told her that I have excellent insurance and so far my out-of-pocket expenses have been negligible, so let's wait and see, but right now her prayers mean even more. I feel much better about them now.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 05:09 pm
Oh, that's good.

Still, the wife? What about the guy himself?

Glad she has the grace to respond appropriately.

Great about ENT. Speeding up or getting some technology to help (hearing aids et al), that's the place to start.

Do you know the current actual db loss?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 05:09 pm
I am so glad that you're not feeling as exhausted, and that the referral to the next ENT will be happening soon.

You're much nicer than I would be about the people involved in the incident. Much nicer. That's why you're ((((( Eva ))))) .
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 05:12 pm
That's a good way to put it, ehBeth. (I'm still ready to do some girl-gang lesson-teaching... Evil or Very Mad)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 07:20 pm
Eva
Thanks for the update, Eva. Glad to learn you are making progress.

BBB
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 08:25 pm
sozobe wrote:
Oh, that's good.

Still, the wife? What about the guy himself?

Glad she has the grace to respond appropriately.

Great about ENT. Speeding up or getting some technology to help (hearing aids et al), that's the place to start.

Do you know the current actual db loss?

Nope, no word from the guy himself. Hubby says he's always been the kind who couldn't say "I'm sorry." I hate that...my father was that way, too.

Don't know the current db loss. Expect to get that info when I see the ENT. Family doctor said that for the past 30 years, the standard treatment hasn't varied: introduce steroids early to prevent/lessen permanent nerve damage due to inflammation, then wait. And wait. He said many things have been tried through the years, but none of them have been proven to work. However, he thinks it is worth consulting someone on the cutting edge of new research, thus the referral.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 08:29 pm
There is brand-new research on "the hearing pill" (TM, really), which was developed for military applications, very similar to what happened with you. (Gun goes boom.) Ask 'em about it.

http://www.asha.org/about/publications/leader-online/archives/2004/040217/040217a.htm
0 Replies