Eva

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 02:36 pm
Setanta -- thanks for the comments. I am sure it does get easier with time. Everything does, doesn't it. I am sorry to hear that you've had to go through so much. I guess you and Beth have more in common than I knew.

Soz, we don't know our friend's partner who left his gun there loaded. But he wasn't the one who shot the gun. We have known our friend (who shot the gun by accident) for more than 25 years. He's one of my husband's very best friends. I would have a major fight with hubby on my hands if I suggested taking any action against him. Which I am not inclined to do anyway. Right now, I am assuming my insurance will cover this.

Mostly, I'm angry because nobody has even apologized to me for this! My hubby says his friend owes me one, but just can't bring himself to say it. Some people are like that, I know, but it still makes me very angry. Grrrrrr....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 02:39 pm
Eva, don't be too surprised if your insurer takes subrogation action against your friend for any costs which they find are due to his negligence.

An apology is the very least he can offer.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 02:39 pm
He should be offering to let you punch him in the head a coupla times.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 02:55 pm
Fer sure...!

No apology, even? :-?

I'M about ready to kick him in the head a few times.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 03:04 pm
i sense a gathering of the girl gang. we do get upset when our friends get hurt, don't we? don't mess with us.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 10:24 pm
Set. I understand, not to presume, but sort of understand.
I've had tinnitus since, um, 1985 when studying for my boards. It is always there if I just tune in. In our work space, which has fitteen foot high ceilings, we go out in front to meet people who come in, primarily to invite them back into the space, but also to hand them lists re the art works, and make them feel at home. What? Gads people murmur. And I did myself, I am sure I was a heavy murmurer.

Arriving at hearing loss late is problematic as at 60 I have no real clue how to read lips, plus, in my case I am busy trying to see and share charge of the space we have. Constant fool is not business wise. (I am no longer the fastest person on earth). But there is another tangent...

Anyway, Eva, I am expecting you to improve. But the thread will be a haven of sorts for some of us who share the difficulties. And with any luck (etc) you will improve to where you don't have to worry about this stuff.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:34 pm
Update: I saw the doctor today, and there HAS been some improvement over the last week. This is Very Good News, according to the doctor, because it likely means the hearing will continue to improve. No guarantees how long it will take or how much of the hearing I will regain, but still, very good news!

I am not hearing so much background noise now (which is GREAT), and I can hear fairly well on the hardwired phone in my office, but I am still having a lot of trouble with voices, music, television and the like. Doctor said the healing process will take several months.

Thank you all for all the prayers, good thoughts, kindnesses, and even the bad jokes. It is helping. Don't stop now!

With love,

Eva
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:39 pm
(((((HUGS TO EVA)))))

I'm so glad that you have good news. Take care of yourself! Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:45 pm
Oh wow, that's great!!

Amplified phones are the easiest and cheapest of the technologies out there to get:

Variety of amplified phones from Harris Communications

One specific example -- 15db amplification

The amplified phones helped me a ton when I was hard of hearing, and technology is much better since then.

Good luck!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 09:24 pm
I understand, watching if increments back and forth matter, or if one needs to deal in the oppositite direction.

I am soooo pleased to hear today's data, key to further action, no matter the timing curves.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 09:50 pm
Great news, Eva!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 10:19 pm
Hurray! I'm going to celebrate... with marshmallows. And I won't let my wife get any. Neutral
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 06:38 am
I'm toasting the good news with my morning coffee.
Prayers and best wishes!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:26 am
Eva--

Wonderful news!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:45 am
I'm so happy for you. With all the good thoughts bounding through the atmosphere towards you, your ears are recieving more than you know.
(((hugs)))
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:58 am
That's great news, Eva. Take care.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:47 am
Thank you, everybody! It is a glorious day here. Clear blue sky, 72 degrees. Azaleas, dogwoods and tulips all in bloom, and it is green green green! Spring is such a hopeful time of year. I have decided to celebrate the good news by treating myself to a pedicure. Gotta go...appt. in 15 min.!
(Hope the salon is quiet today.)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 04:05 pm
Eva
Hey, Twinkle Toes, :wink: glad to hear the Goddess of Love is improving.

BBB
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 04:43 pm
Yep, all soft and sparkly now!

I've spent the last three weeks immersed in noise, fear, anger, frustration and exhaustion. Yesterday, things took a turn for the better. So I figure I was overdue for some pampering. A massage is next. I may even buy myself some flowers. And if I hear even one complaint about spending the money, they can KISS MY....uh....toes. Cool

Yeah.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 04:54 pm
Eva--

And when they kiss your toes, honk an air horn in the kisser's left ear.
0 Replies