26
   

I Am Learning to Speak Canadian. Please help.

 
 
ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 06:08 pm
@Debacle,
I'll challenge you with black widow webs in my indian door bells. Fast mover when I put that in sink.
0 Replies
 
Mame
 
  2  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 06:41 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

... I, and a lot of people who live all over, even Argentina, think of food that's been infused with all sorts of hot/spicy/sweet/etc. flavors...


That's really funny. I was in Argentina last year and had their BBQ and other cooking methods of meat and if you want bland, go there. It was some of the most blah food I've ever tasted.

And every country suffers from the same type of negative comments from other countries. Have you seen the portion sizes in America, for example? Of course you have - you live there. I've never seen so much food on one plate anywhere else. Not to mention that free, refillable super-soda cups can be bought at Disneyworld for $1.89. Who can even contemplate drinking x number of 16 oz sized sodas?

I would agree that some Canadian food has been/can be bland, but there's some really fantastic Canadian food, too. Maybe you should watch some Canadian food network shows to update yourself. Michael Smith, Lynn Crawford, etc., are fabulous chefs, and right now, here in Calgary, there's a food war on between chefs of several major restaurants, not all of them high-end.
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 07:21 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

chai2 wrote:

... I, and a lot of people who live all over, even Argentina, think of food that's been infused with all sorts of hot/spicy/sweet/etc. flavors...


That's really funny. I was in Argentina last year and had their BBQ and other cooking methods of meat and if you want bland, go there. It was some of the most blah food I've ever tasted.




I was saying argentina because someone else brought it up, along with some other countries. I don't have any particular interest in the food there, or the country.
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 07:27 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:


I would agree that some Canadian food has been/can be bland, but there's some really fantastic Canadian food, too. Maybe you should watch some Canadian food network shows to update yourself. Michael Smith, Lynn Crawford, etc., are fabulous chefs, and right now, here in Calgary, there's a food war on between chefs of several major restaurants, not all of them high-end.


I don't want to watch any TV, let alone food shows.

I already said I'm sure some canadian food is great. I'm pretty sure I've said it more than once.

I've eaten food in Canada, both in restaurants and in private homes.

Jesus, all this over me laughing over a comedian on YouTube saying that his father, who was from India said he was going to become a Candadian by roasting some weinies in his back yard.
roger
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 07:29 pm
@chai2,
And rice. Don't forget the grilled rice
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 07:42 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

And rice. Don't forget the grilled rice


Not grilled you fool! Barbequed!
0 Replies
 
Debacle
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 07:53 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
My apologies, Mr. D. In the future I'll just say 'the shitter.' Better, eh?


I suppose so, Andy. I've been called worse.
Lustig Andrei
 
  2  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:02 pm
@Debacle,
Debacle wrote:

Quote:
My apologies, Mr. D. In the future I'll just say 'the shitter.' Better, eh?


I suppose so, Andy. I've been called worse.


Oh, so have I. Much, much worse.
Debacle
 
  2  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:09 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Debacle wrote:

Quote:
My apologies, Mr. D. In the future I'll just say 'the shitter.' Better, eh?


I suppose so, Andy. I've been called worse.


Oh, so have I. Much, much worse.


Laughing
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:14 pm
Paul Anka is from Canada.
Joe Nation
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:31 pm
@chai2,
Yes. He is from Canada...
but I am interested in those turbochargers, aren't you?

Joe(va-room va-room)Nation
Ceili
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:48 pm
@chai2,
So is Justin, Celine and Nickleback, but as we like to say, you guys made 'em famous...
FOUND SOUL
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 02:50 am
@chai2,
Na, it's a BBQ don't care what you say.

My Daughter lives in Toronto as well.

A grill is a place to go and get a grilled meal.. A bbq is a bbq which ever way you want to look at it, including Aussie land, definitely Aussie Land, you can grill on the barbyyyyy but it's a barby , though we cook sausages on our bbq's or throw a shrimp or something.

(JN) Is she really Canadian can you clear that up, I mean you know I am blonde but I just want to know if she realllllly is Canadian please Smile

No Joke. Wink
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  3  
Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 06:26 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

Justin, Celine and Nickleback


Who? Confused ..... Cool
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 06:31 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Yes. He is from Canada...
but I am interested in those turbochargers, aren't you?

Joe(va-room va-room)Nation


For those wondering about my Paul Anka contribution....this from another thread......

My mother said that when I was about 3 years old, I would run around the house yelling "paul anka paul anka paulanka paulankapaulankapaulanka..."

I believe Paul owns a turbo charged snowmobile.
0 Replies
 
Joe Nation
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 06:45 am
Quote:
(JN) Is she really Canadian can you clear that up, I mean you know I am blonde but I just want to know if she realllllly is Canadian please

No Joke.


...

Joe(so she says)Nation
0 Replies
 
Ceili
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 07:59 am
Here's a sliding scale to help Americans understand Canadian politics in USA speak.

<VeryFarRight-USA-Republicans(red)<-<USA-Democrats(blue)<-<Harper'sConservatives(blue-socialists)>->Liberals(red-socialists)>->Bloc(french-socialist-treasonists-red-white-blue)>->VeryFarLeft>->NDP(orange-communists)>
0 Replies
 
RussianMachine
 
  1  
Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 11:50 pm
@Joe Nation,
Don't Canadians speak informal English much like Americans?
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 04:47 am
What makes you think it's "informal?" I'd advise that you not tell any Canadians that they speak like Americans.
Lordyaswas
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 06:37 am
@Setanta,
I always think that a Canadian sounds like an Aberdonian trying to sound American.


<dons tin hat>

True though.


......therrre's a moos loose aboot this hoose.
 

Related Topics

Oddities and Humor - Discussion by edgarblythe
Let's play "Caption the Photo" II - Discussion by gustavratzenhofer
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
Funny Pictures ***Slow Loading*** - Discussion by JerryR
Caption The Cartoon - Discussion by panzade
Geek and Nerd Humor - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Caption The Cartoon Part Deux - Discussion by panzade
IS IT OK FOR ME TO CHEAT? - Question by Setanta
2008 Election: Political Humor - Discussion by Robert Gentel
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/17/2021 at 09:21:04