Islamist Goals: Our Shared Islanmist Enemy

igm

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 09:39 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

igm wrote:

Civilized??? ... right to bear assault rifles !!!???

You are exercising your right to be a stupid ass !!!

Easy to say but can you explain why?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 09:41 am
@igm,
igm wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

igm wrote:

Easily... what is your definition of an 'assault rifle'?
igm

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 09:58 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

igm wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

igm wrote:

Easily... what is your definition of an 'assault rifle'?

What's that got to do with our posts so far? But if you must:

"...should the right to bear "arms" include such things as the AR-15 assault rifle, one of several weapons of choice employed by the recent movie theater shooter in Colorado which uses a 60-round magazine (or a 100-round drum) and is capable of firing 800 rounds in a single minute? Is such a weapon somehow critical to our 2nd Amendment rights as civilians? Is it necessary to use this particular weapon to protect our homes or to go hunting?"
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 10:35 am
@igm,
The AR-15 is not an assault rifle.
igm

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 10:57 am
@H2O MAN,
It is...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-v1n79oD0oDY/UA5EszFyVEI/AAAAAAAACCA/dZJsIkTUZ2g/s320/AR15_A3_Tactical_Carbine_pic1.jpg

http://www.theurbanpolitico.com/2012/07/should-right-to-bear-arms-include.html

I have evidence that it is... do you have evidence that it isn't... put another way if someone gets angry with this weapon they can kill hundreds in minutes because the law allows it and that's 'NOT' civilised whether you think it's an assault rifle or not.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 11:00 am
@igm,
My friend, I appreciate your effort, but the information you are going by is incorrect.

The A5-15 is not an assault rifle, it just looks like one.
The AR-15 has a strong visual recognition value, but it's not as strong as the AKM/AK-47

Trick questions: Do you see an assault rifle in this picture? Top or Bottom?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/931425_646425862041272_710871990_n.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 11:07 am
Yair Shamir is a bigot, his father was a bigot, Yitshak Shamir, a member of the Lehi or Stern gang.

Quote:
During World War II, Lehi initially sought alliance with Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany, offering to fight alongside them against the British in return for the transfer of all Jews from Nazi-occupied Europe to Palestine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_(group)

Yair Shamir was even named after Avraham "Yair" Stern, the founder of Lehi.
igm

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 11:10 am
@H2O MAN,
That's not my point... splitting hairs comes to mind... my friend.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 11:10 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
You really had to stretch to find "Christian Terrorists," among tribal conflicts in Africa, and children being burned as witches? Hideous if true but comparable to the slaughter in NYC, London, Bali, Mumbai etc?

What about Northern Ireland? Catholics v Protestants, that Christian enough for you?

Or is it that you only notice slaughter in London when it's perpetrated by Moslems?
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 11:19 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Your charge that I view these people with a sympathetic eye, for one.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 11:21 am
@igm,
Your point is based on false information, your point is invalid.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 11:39 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Yair Shamir is a bigot, his father was a bigot, Yitshak Shamir, a member of the Lehi or Stern gang.

Quote:
During World War II, Lehi initially sought alliance with Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany, offering to fight alongside them against the British in return for the transfer of all Jews from Nazi-occupied Europe to Palestine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_(group)

Yair Shamir was even named after Avraham "Yair" Stern, the founder of Lehi.

Interesting. Yitzhak came to mind when I read Yair's name, but I didn't know he was his son.

What irony, the ultra-right wing (he belongs to Yisrael Beytenu) son of a terrorist, named after a terrorist, complaining about terrorists.

I wonder what his views are about the terrorism carried out by his father in the name of the establishment of the Zionist state.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 11:51 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
What irony, the ultra-right wing (he belongs to Yisrael Beytenu) son of a terrorist, named after a terrorist, complaining about terrorists.

That's the sort of person Advocate looks up to. B'tselem, however, he condemns on a regular basis.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 11:58 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

However, the "Protocols" were a forgery

Perhaps Shamir doesn't know that.

Quote:
I thought there is a real concept called Jihad that does have as its goal of a Caliphate, that maintains Sharia Law?

It depends who you ask, for most Moslems, means struggle, more spiritual than anything else. Fanatics like Al Qaida may think differently, but they're as representative of mainstream Moslem opinion as the Stern Gang are of mainstream Jewish opinion.
Advocate

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 12:07 pm
@izzythepush,
The facts don't bear you out.

Following 9/11, there was widespead celebration throughout the Muslim world, including in the WB and Gaza.
igm

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 12:33 pm
@H2O MAN,
Is a US citizen allowed to buy an assault rifle?

How do you justify that?

How will that stop 'the enemy' without creating homegrown mass murderers?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 12:38 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

Is a US citizen allowed to buy an assault rifle?

Some are, but only after an extensive Government background check and payment of
a $200.00 Federal tax stamp, but even this is restricted by some individual state governments.

igm wrote:
How do you justify that?
See the answer to question #1 and get yourself familiar with the 2nd amendment.

igm wrote:
How will that stop 'the enemy' without creating homegrown enemies?
What?

I've answered your questions, now answer mine posted here: http://able2know.org/topic/214002-4#post-5323636
igm

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 12:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
No need. I answered Max by saying the US can't call itself civilized by playing at being 21st century cowboy gunslingers with the backing of those in power... and a large majority of the citizens - up in arms against a change in the gun law. Your replies haven't changed that or even addressed it.

The gun lobby and the NRA maintain the carnage that arises from too many guns in circulation... it's plain uncivilized... IMO.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 01:06 pm
@igm,

Your replies haven't changed the fact that the points you make here
are invalid and Max is not what one considers a proper role model.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 01:35 pm
@Advocate,
Facts are something you're very selective with. Shamir is a bigot. Fact. His father was a terrorist who sought an alliance with Nazi Germany. Fact. Shamir was named after a terrorist who sought an alliance with Nazi Germany. Fact. The West Bank and Gaza have been occupied since 1967, their persecution is on going. Fact.

It's hardly surprising that some of them would celebrate an attack on their persecutor's sponsor.

Another fact that you ignore is that Arafat condemned the celebrations, and even donated blood for the victims of 9/11.
0 Replies