JIM NABORS WAS GOY?

Foofie

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 08:20 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I doubt foofie has walked much further than a block from his or her abode.

No I have studied Gentiles in their natural habitats. Interestingly, many Catholics from smaller towns or cities have treated me like one of their own, I believe, since they understand what it is to be a minority in an overwhelmingly Protestant country. I think many Southerners just don't like Yankees, Jewish or not.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 08:22 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

If the person asks, "Are you a Jew?"; no; however, he need not practice on me as having a Jewish friend.

Thanks for a clear and complete answer. I especially like the above answer.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 08:25 pm
@Val Killmore,
OK, you see, now I know Val is Spendi........... Thanks for the Dylan.

And thanks to Tico for Jethro........Thick as a Brick.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 08:30 pm
@chai2,
Then we'll have a big parrrrrr-ty!
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 08:38 pm
I have never known any Jew that objected to being called a Jew. It has actually never occurred to me that anyone would think of it as an insult. So, excuse me, but I just take it that Val baby is easily offended or he's looking for a fight in which he can be injured. Fun time has been had by all though. Jews and non-Jews alike.
MMarciano

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 08:49 pm
I was fed up with this site months ago but I never expressed my feeling to Morgan as to why I thought he should dump this place. As I said earlier, nobody tells him what to do, he made the decision on his own to finally depart from here once and for all. He has no desire to even view any content posted on this site and actually he seems quite relieved this is now all in the past.

To those whom he respected, they know who they are, he wishes you all the best, and I know he means that because he’s a good hearted person.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 09:10 pm
@Keith424,
You can't please em all. I never try.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 09:39 pm
I collapsed this thread at the first hint of trouble, when I saw people I respect going at each other like that. I have just read through most of it and I am dumbfounded. The thread stays collapsed, that's for sure.
roger

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 09:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sometimes, respect is not carved in stone.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 09:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
This thread is a mystery to me too, edgar. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.
Below viewing threshold (view)
roger

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 10:09 pm
@Val Killmore,
Nasty little bitch, ain't cha?

Though given your culture/tribe you may consider that a compliment.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 02:46 am
@Lola,
Lolaessense wrote:

This thread is a mystery to me too, edgar. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

It's from bizarro world all right.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 02:51 am
@Foofie,
He wasn't asking if asking someone if they are Jewish is offensive....he was asking if the word itself is offensive.

roger

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 03:39 am
@dlowan,
I'm satisfied with the answer. He doesn't consider the word Jew offensive unless the context tells us otherwise.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 04:41 am
I've read through this thread several times trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

Was Lola's comment offensive? Yes, it was. Why? Because the wording suggests that not being a Jew is a good thing. Was this intended? Don't know. Frankly, I'm leery of unintentional remarks such as these.

However, I think the reaction got out of hand. And the defenses and the reactions to the defenses and the offenses resulting from the defenses.

Holy moley.

Mazel tov to Jim Nabors. He should live and be well.

farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 08:19 am
@farmerman,
As I said to teehee on another thread, and which applies nicely to many of the ST Pete"fanboys"
"They are mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence"

I nevere got the way everyone else herein would dance around the fact that these were a bunch of gay guys who act with one mind. The effort to remain PC and not "hurt their feelings" was laughable to me. Several of the old timers here go ass over tin cups to appear non "homophobic" (whatever the **** that means), and never ask themselves "Why am I giving these guys a pass when they are as wrong as often as anyone else"
When they are dead wrong as they were about Lola's comment , they need to be told that they are playing stupid, and that maybe a journey back into some Mel Brooks movies or (as Chai showed) old Monty Python skits could help them learn the lessons of humor history(so they dont repeat themselves).
Maybe its because these guys are so damned insulated from the world thats not gay, they miss a lot of nuance.

Its said that we dont learn anything from the internet, we merely reinforce what weve already believed. These guys, just like our super conservative members and our super liberal members, dont EVER consider the other side of an issue

Then when they **** up and try to twist a hunorousoffering into something they call "racist' , they no longer deserve a "Free ride".
If they cannot argue in an intelligent fashion and must always retreat into school-girl visciousness, then maybe they should remain a cloistered sect.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 08:25 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
Was Lola's comment offensive? Yes, it was. Why? Because the wording suggests that not being a Jew is a good thing. Was this intended? Don't know. Frankly, I'm leery of unintentional remarks such as these.

Look, I'm not a Jew or Jewish or whatever other description I can say that will cause the least offense to any interested person and yet be properly descriptive, but ...

Give me a break. You can't say the word "jew" without the Anti-Defamation League coming down on you like a ton of bricks?

The wording did NOT suggest that not being a Jew was a good thing. She said: "Well, he wasn't a Jew." She DIDN'T say: "Well, at least he wasn't a Jew," or "Well, he wasn't a Jew, praise be to Jesus."

That phrasing is only offensive if one is looking to be offended.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 08:27 am
@farmerman,
Hear, hear.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg16/scaled.php?server=16&filename=symbolthumbsupgreend.png&res=landing
0 Replies