parados
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 10:58 am
@H2O MAN,
So.... if the capacity of the magazine doesn't make any changes then a single shot gun is the same as gun with a 50 shot capacity magazine? Correct? Both could be fired at the same speed. Correct?

Or is your argument bullshit and you realize it?
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:19 am
@parados,
p, you are trying to BS your way out of this and it's not working.

The number of available projectiles and how they are fed into the weapon does not change the weapon firing them.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 06:39 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
So.... if the capacity of the magazine doesn't make any changes then a single shot gun is the same as gun with a 50 shot capacity magazine? Correct? Both could be fired at the same speed. Correct?

Or is your argument bullshit and you realize it?


Well, his argument certainly isn't BS.
Baldimo
 
  2  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 07:04 pm
@oralloy,
To own a fully automatic weapon you need to apply for and be granted a Class III firearms license. While I am sure they might be easy to get, they can be expensive and require a very extensive back round checks. Up until a few years ago, there was only one person in CO with a Class III firearm license. Dragonman in Colorado Springs. He mentioned that the atf had 2 agents in CO just because of his Class III license.

http://www.dragonmans.com/
raprap
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 08:20 pm
@oralloy,
But it certainly isn't working.

A high capacity magazine changes a situation dramatically--A single example is the Aurora shooter. He hosed the room, if he did NOT have a high capacity magazine his room hosing would have resulted in less total lead in the air, at least for a rifle, handgun, or wanna be assault weapon, and undoubtedly lover casualties.

Face it Oraboy, Waterdude, and GanjaSnaKKKe, you're pissing up a rope.

Rap
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 09:38 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
But it certainly isn't working.


Sure it is. He has the NRA and the US Supreme Court on his side.



raprap wrote:
A high capacity magazine changes a situation dramatically--A single example is the Aurora shooter. He hosed the room, if he did NOT have a high capacity magazine his room hosing would have resulted in less total lead in the air, at least for a rifle, handgun, or wanna be assault weapon, and undoubtedly lover casualties.


Interesting story. But in reality, he used a drum magazine that easily jammed, his gun jammed almost immediately, and he was forced to abandon his rifle and switch to an ordinary shotgun.



raprap wrote:
Face it Oraboy, Waterdude, and GanjaSnaKKKe, you're pissing up a rope.


You engage in name-calling because you aren't smart enough to come up with an intelligent argument.

And no. Even if you get an assault weapons ban past the NRA (far from likely) you will never get it past the US Supreme Court.
raprap
 
  0  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 09:52 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Interesting story. But in reality, he used a drum magazine that easily jammed, his gun jammed almost immediately, and he was forced to abandon his rifle and switch to an ordinary shotgun.


A drum magazine is NOT high capacity??? WTF!!!!--

Oh BTW--The Aurora shooter started with the 870 express and then went to the M&P15--The 100 Round Drum Magazine jammed after he had fired 30 rounds. Not immediately....

Quote:
the gunmen threw a canister emitting a gas or smoke, partially obscuring the audience members' vision, making their throats and skin itch, and causing eye irritation.[10] He then fired a 12-gauge Remington 870 Express Tactical shotgun, first at the ceiling and then at the audience. He also fired a Smith & Wesson M&P15[11] semi-automatic rifle with a 100-round drum magazine, which malfunctioned after reportedly firing fewer than 30 rounds.[11][12][13] Finally, he fired a Glock 22 handgun.[14][15]


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Aurora_shooting

Sounds like your spin is living up to your nom-de-plume, Oraboy.

Rap


oralloy
 
  -3  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 09:57 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
Sounds like your spin is living up to your nom-de-plume, Oraboy.


You engage in name-calling because you are too stupid to come up with anything intelligent.
raprap
 
  2  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 10:43 pm
@oralloy,
Did you not write this Oraboy?

Oroboy wrote:
Home protection is not a strawman. It is a legitimate activity that is guaranteed by that Constitution that you hate so much.


http://able2know.org/topic/203934-2#post-5198910

If I make a cogent argument about your less than informed positions and I call you a 'pompous no-nothing', does that not mean I am still have not refuted the continuous and ill-informed whining of a pompous no-nothing.

Sir! I contend that you must be French. You whine too much.

Rap
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 10:54 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
Did you not write this Oraboy?


You engage in name-calling because you are too stupid to say anything intelligent.



raprap wrote:
If I make a cogent argument about your less than informed positions and I call you a 'pompous no-nothing', does that not mean I am still have not refuted the continuous and ill-informed whining of a pompous no-nothing.


You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own ignorance.
raprap
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:00 pm
@oralloy,
Sorry, Oraboy, but the first amendment to the US constitution allows me to demonstrate the ignorance of frogs.

Rap
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:29 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
Sorry, Oraboy,


You engage in name-calling because you are too stupid to come up with anything intelligent.



raprap wrote:
but the first amendment to the US constitution allows me to demonstrate the ignorance of frogs.


You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own ignorance.
raprap
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 06:01 am
@oralloy,
Hey Oraboy

Oroboy wrote:
You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters


http://able2know.org/topic/203933-3#post-5200580

Oroboy wrote:
You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters.


http://able2know.org/topic/203933-3#post-5200531


You obviously contend that the speech of someone you contend is your lessor should be impinged,

Considering that equality was a justification in the Declaration of Independence and that Freedom of Speech is granted to all citizens in the first amendment of the US--

Now considering what you have written indicates that you have serious misconceptions concerning speech and equality --why in the world would anyone consider you anything but a pompous blowhard and certainly not any ones 'better'.

Rap

raprap
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 06:15 am
@H2O MAN,
Duh Waterdude!!

Waterdude wrote:
Rap, how exactly does the magazines capacity change the rifle?


A large capacity magazine will allow you to pull the trigger more times until your run out of ammunition and have to reload.

As for GanjaSnaKKKes question, by the 1994 Assault Weapons ban (expired in 2004?) the assault weapons ban limited large capacity magazine mad the bottom rifle non-compliant.

So your typically Wingnut quip

Waterdude wrote:
The typical Dem Lib is compliant--it does not have a high capacity brain.


Has nothing to do with with being liberal --it had to do with the legislation that applied at the time.

Rap

BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 06:33 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
To own a fully automatic weapon you need to apply for and be granted a Class III firearms license


Background check and a sign off by the local police department and paying a transfer tax.
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 06:39 am
@raprap,
Quote:
A high capacity magazine changes a situation dramatically--A single example is the Aurora shooter. He hosed the room, if he did NOT have a high capacity magazine his room hosing would have resulted in less total lead in the air, at least for a rifle, handgun, or wanna be assault weapon, and undoubtedly lover casualties.



Changing magazines is so fast a process that it did not interfere with the killings of 32 people in the Virginia Tech shooting where he change MAG 17 times.

The slight reduction in the average rate of fire at Newtown is highly unlikely to had change the numbers of deaths.
raprap
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 07:14 am
@BillRM,
Considering the evidence about shootings and large capacity magazines (>10 rounds) going back to 1984 the Virginia Tech Shooting tended more toward an anomaly rather than the rule.

BTW Even the Virginia Tech Shooter used a combination of 10 and 15 round (high capacity) magazines.

Shooting Incidents in America (1984-2012)


http://www.nycrimecommission.org/initiative1-shootings.php

Quote:

Mass shootings are a unique feature of American life which have occurred consistently throughout history in every region of the country. The increased lethality of such incidents is made possible by the use of large capacity ammunition magazines (defined as more than 10-rounds) which enable a shooter to rapidly fire off as many as 100-rounds without having to reload the firearm. Designed for military use to kill greater numbers of people more effectively, large capacity ammunition magazines have facilitated some of the worst mass murders ever committed in the United States. As these incidents occur in every region of the country.


Rap
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 07:57 am
@raprap,
Modern guns are design to have fast mag changes out with the slide locking open on an empty mag and all you do is press a button and allow the mag to drop out of the gun and slam in a new one and then release the slide.

Anyone use to such firearms can do so in a second or so and it is an automatic simple process without thinking needed by the shooter.

In any case, adding ten to twenty seconds to the time it took to killed those poor traps kids in Newton is highly unlikely to had save one life.



raprap
 
  1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 08:20 am
@BillRM,
I'm not ignorant about firearms--nevertheless magazine capacity is a consideration if the shooter is not well practiced.

I remember reading a similar argument about the advantages of a Black Powder Remington over the Army Colt written about 1860. The Remington was capable of a 'quick' change cylinder--but changing that cylinder was difficult without practice.

I'm practiced and I wouldn't want to temp a quick cylinder change while under fire. The same could be said about slamming a fresh magazine into my weapon of choice.

BTW As you are playing the anecdotal game The Gifford's shooter was apprehended while attempting to change magazines. I guess we should all be thankful he didn't have a larger capacity clip.

Rap

gungasnake
 
  0  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 08:31 am
@raprap,
Quote:
I'm not ignorant about firearms--...


One assumes your general ignorance includes firearms...
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/25/2021 at 09:50:48