@gungasnake,
I bow to your greater ignorance GanjaSnaKKKe

Rap
H2O MAN

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 08:55 am
@raprap,
Rap, your ignorance knows no bounds.

If a few of the targets in Aurora had weapons of their
own the shooter would have been shot dead rather quickly.
H2O MAN

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 08:57 am
@raprap,
You are a clueless fool
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:05 am
@raprap,
Quote:
The Gifford's shooter was apprehended while attempting to change magazines[/quote

]An large mags are must more likely to cause a jam so it is one thing or another.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/22/us/colorado-shooting-investigation/index.html

CNN) -- The semi-automatic rifle used in the Colorado theater killings jammed during the rampage, apparently because of a problem with the 100-shot magazine feeding it, a law enforcement source with direct knowledge of the investigation said Sunday.

raprap

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:10 am
@H2O MAN,
A good example of what would have happened at Aurora if fire was returned is the Empire State outbreak. Note in NY those that returned fire were police, and one would have to assume that they were 'practiced'.

Three passersby sustained direct gunshot wounds, while the remaining six were hit by fragments, according to New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly. All injuries were caused by police, he said Saturday.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justice/new-york-empire-state-shooting/index.html

If fire was returned by rank, unpracticed Rambo's in the Aurora Movie Theater, considering that the shooter was armored, the number of killed and wounded would have been significantly magnified.

Granted my ignorance is admittedly countably infinite , but I am capable of learning. What's your excuse, Waterdude.

Rap
raprap

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:12 am
@BillRM,
He still got off 30 shots before it jammed. That alone makes it effective as a large capacity magazine.

Rap
H2O MAN

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:18 am
@raprap,
Speaking of magazines, Magpul has sold over 1 million mags since Friday
H2O MAN

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:24 am
@raprap,
Again, your ignorance knows no bounds.

Fact: most street cops like those in NYC can't shoot worth a crap, but most citizens with conceal carry permits are excellent shots.
The reason is that citizens usually have more time to practice and hone their skills and the cops are afforded little time for target practice.
raprap

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:32 am
@H2O MAN,
Those are opinions, Waterdude --please provide references on either of your claims.

Rap
H2O MAN

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:42 am
@raprap,

Facts, I shared facts with you, that's why I wrote the word fact.

If you weren't so ignorant on this topic and if you had a clue you
would know that what I posted was not an opinion it's a fact.

Knock yourself out finding evidence that disputes the facts... I'll wait.
raprap

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:54 am
@H2O MAN,
I saw that---just goes to show you how irrational panic drives a fraction of the population.

1e+6 mags in 7 days--I'd be interested in the number pf mags per customer. That way it would be easy to quantify the gun nut irrationals in the US.

Question?? Waterdude--wonder how many of those large capacity mags went to cash rich: Mexican drug lords; Crips; Bloods: Hell's Angels; White Identity Christians; local meth lab? After all you don't need a permit for a mag.

'Jes wondering' Waterdude

Rap
H2O MAN

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:56 am
@raprap,

FapFap, give up and preserve what little dignity you may have left.
0 Replies

raprap

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 10:18 am
@H2O MAN,
You brought it up as a fact--apparently right from your ass.

BTW four states allow carry without any requirement for training (subject or practice), several more have no practice requirements. Also checked on PD quals--pretty extensive. So your obviously dancing on thin ass.

As personally possessing a carry permit requiring passing a subject and a practice exams I still fear the probability of an old west shootouts occurring on the streets of our cities between permitted carriers.

BTW here a question fer ya Waterdude--why can't I get a permit to carry my Bowie Knife? I find it to far more useful than that PPK I can strap to my shin.

Rap
mysteryman

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 05:49 pm
@raprap,
I don't know where you live, but I don't know of any states, except maybe NY, that say you have to have a permit to carry a knife.

I am going to weigh in here for a minute.
Many civilians that have concealed carry permits do practice, and are very good shots, when they are shooting at paper targets.
When shooting at someone that is shooting back, it becomes a different situation.
I saw guys in the Marines that even though they qualified expert with the rifle, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when the fighting started.

Its a totally different situation when there are real bullets coming at
raprap

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 07:39 pm
@mysteryman,
Many cities have restrictions on knives. In my area it is a fixed blade greater than 4 inches. My Bowie knife is 14 inches.

Rap
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 11:33 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
To own a fully automatic weapon you need to apply for and be granted a Class III firearms license.

Only a few states require someone to get a federal license before they can buy a NFA weapon.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 11:35 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
Hey Oraboy

You engage in name-calling because you are too stupid to come up with an intelligent argument.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 11:42 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
Duh Waterdude!!

H2O MAN wrote:
Rap, how exactly does the magazines capacity change the rifle?

A large capacity magazine will allow you to pull the trigger more times until your run out of ammunition and have to reload.

He did not ask what a larger magazine would allow you to do. He asked you how it would change the rifle.

raprap wrote:
GanjaSnaKKKes

You engage in name-calling because you are too stupid to come up with an intelligent argument.

raprap wrote:
by the 1994 Assault Weapons ban (expired in 2004?) the assault weapons ban limited large capacity magazine mad the bottom rifle non-compliant.

Nope. The size of the magazine had nothing to do with whether the rifle was compliant or not.

raprap wrote:
So your typically Wingnut quip

H2O MAN wrote:
The typical Dem Lib is compliant--it does not have a high capacity brain.

Has nothing to do with with being liberal --it had to do with the legislation that applied at the time.

No. It had to do with your rather astounding failure to not understand a simple question.
oralloy

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 11:44 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
I'm not ignorant about firearms

Oh? How come you don't know the difference between an assault weapon and a non-assault weapon?
0 Replies

raprap

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 11:49 pm
@oralloy,
Another typical no nothing Oraboy response--blah blah blah blah--blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Rap
0 Replies