Another major school shooting today ... Newtown, Conn

oralloy

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 05:35 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
BillRM wrote:
oralloy wrote:
For what it's worth, the Obama Administration has just decreed that all 3-D printer patterns for printing guns, magazines, and gun parts are the property of the federal government, and can no longer be posted on the internet.

Interesting that Obama hates the First Amendment with as much passion as he hates the Second.

Hopefully someone will fight this in court. Not likely that Obama's efforts to overthrow our entire Constitution will be looked at favorably by many judges.

As I had already stated in another thread not even the US have the power to control the flow of information over the net and the issue with the arm control laws had been run into before in regard to encrypt technology and the outcome was that the government gave up trying to block such technology transfers.

The plans for the gun in question were already beyond the government control before they pressure for the removal of the plans from the designer website.

Many engineers in all different places will design newer n better guns for home 3D printers.

David

Very true and if a designer in the US wish to remain inside the US exports laws as in the case of PGP encryption program all he or she would need to do is print out the details of the designs and mail it to someone outside the US who would return the plans into CAD files to be posted on the internet as the courts had rule in the case of PGP that the printed source code is protected under the first amendment if not the program file itself.

Legal thinking does not need to make sense in the real world but that is the state of the US court rulings as of now as far as I am aware of.

It may well be that the spread of these designs is beyond the ability of governments to control, but hopefully we will not idly cede the First Amendment to Obama and his fellow Fascists.

I would like to see the Supreme Court weigh in on the question of whether the US government truly has the power to censor ideas from the internet.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 09:46 am
http://thekeytosurvival.com/storetitles/toolsknivesaxes/images/img38.jpg
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 10:07 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
but hopefully we will not idly cede the First Amendment to Obama and his fellow Fascists.

If memory serve me correctly it was Republicans Fascists who was in control of the White House when the same exports laws was used to try to block the spread of strong Encryption programs over the internet.

The wish to protected government powers over the citizens is not a one party or one president desire and I frankly do not see any likelihood that the government would had reacts in any other way then the manner they did no matter what party would have been in control.

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 10:33 am
@BillRM,
Sorry, there are no 'Republican Fascists'.
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 01:21 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

LOL tell that to all the women that the GOP wish to crawl into their wombs and seized control of.

Not even the Taliban wish to control their women more then the GOP does.... Drunk

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 01:24 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Not even the Taliban wish to control their women more then the GOP does.

so the GOP is a group of men then...........I have learned something new today!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 01:29 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

LOL tell that to all the women that the GOP wish to crawl into their wombs and seized control of.

Every 'group' has it's lunatic fringe, just look at those on the left that want to disarm Americans.
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 01:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
has it's lunatic fringe,

Take a look at the GOP platform when it come to women reproduction rights or lack of same. The "fringe" is writing their platform it would seems.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 01:51 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Take a look at the GOP platform when it come to women reproduction rights or lack of same.
nobody cares about conventions or their platforms...you might as well be using the National Inquirer to make your point.
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 01:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Nobody cares about conventions or their platforms.

Given that women as a group is a lot less likely to vote GOP then men some females seems to care about the GOP public positions.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 06:29 pm
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/945569_10151429106561275_1751745944_n.jpg
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 06:37 pm

http://dgilber2.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/gm071209g-demstarget.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 06:44 pm
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/2d/1e/2d1ea5356849cd9e29593ca536f0ea8d.jpg
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 08:23 pm
@hingehead,
Strange is it not that we are not all ready to give up our second amendment rights due to those sad deaths that would not had been stop by any of the gun control bills that are now trying to be pass by congress by the anti gun crowd.

Hell the citizens of Newtown themselves are not even willing to tax themselves more for added school security less alone the rest of us giving up a major constitution right.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 09:33 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

For what it's worth, the Obama Administration has just decreed that all 3-D printer patterns for printing guns, magazines, and gun parts are the property of the federal government, and can no longer be posted on the internet.

Never let a good lie get in your way oralloy. The Obama administration has NOT decreed that alll 3-D guns etc are property of the federal government.

You better check under your bed oralloy. It appears someone is out to get you.
oralloy

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 05:01 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Never let a good lie get in your way oralloy. The Obama administration has NOT decreed that all 3-D guns etc are property of the federal government.
You better check under your bed oralloy. It appears someone is out to get you.

Hopefully Obama's vile assault against the First Amendment will be challenged in court.

I can see the Supreme Court ruling against him 9 - 0.
BillRM

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 07:06 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I can see the Supreme Court ruling against him 9 - 0.

I would not count on it see the history of PGP when Bush the First mounted an attacked on the first amendment.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 10:39 am
@oralloy,
I doubt the court will ever take a case based on your lie. In fact I would bet any lower court would throw such a case out rather quickly since your facts are wrong.
oralloy

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 12:04 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
I doubt the court will ever take a case based on your lie. In fact I would bet any lower court would throw such a case out rather quickly since your facts are wrong.

Before you can show that I've lied, you'll first have to show a fact that I am wrong about.

And then, even if you manage to cross that first hurdle, you'll have to show deliberate intent to deceive, as opposed to me merely being mistaken.

As for the courts, I do not believe that they share Obama's hatred for our Constitution. I admit to not being overly familiar with the case that BillRM mentioned however.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 12:25 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

parados wrote:

Before you can show that I've lied, you'll first have to show a fact that I am wrong about.

And then, even if you manage to cross that first hurdle, you'll have to show deliberate intent to deceive, as opposed to me merely being mistaken.

As for the courts, I do not believe that they share Obama's hatred for our Constitution. I admit to not being overly familiar with the case that BillRM mentioned however.

Still trying to peddle that nonsense that anyone who disagrees with you on these issues have to "hate the Constitution", Oralloy.

Get a new schtick. That one is old...and doesn't work except with your fellow travellers.