Another major school shooting today ... Newtown, Conn

JPB

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:01 pm
There's a picture circulating through the media that was pulled from a FB profile that is apparently the WRONG Ryan Lanza. Christ, I can't imagine being this guy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-GU_PwCUAAQgFA.png:large
JPB

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:06 pm
Lanza's younger brother is in police custody - but no word whether or not he was involved in the massacre.
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:09 pm
@JPB,
And real nice of "Jessica O'Brien" to offer to aid and abet a get-a-away.

Joe(jeezuz)Nation
JPB

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:11 pm
@Joe Nation,
aid and abet to a friend who has just r'cd multiple death threats for having the same name as a shooter (who is already dead)? Yeah, I'd say so...

jbendery RT @Ryan__Lanza: so aperently im getting spammed bc someone with the same name as me killed some ppl... wtf?
3 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
JPB

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:12 pm
@JPB,
Actually, the death threats were kind compared to some of the **** that was posted on this kid's FB page. The WRONG kid.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:17 pm
UN-*******-BELIEVABLE!

In Connecticut yet, where they have fairly strict gun laws.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:17 pm
@JPB,

in retrospect, this tweet of his from december 3rd is creepy as all get out...
Quote:
Ryan Lanza ‏@Ryan__Lanza
i would actually love if the world ended in 2 weeks
McTag

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:40 pm

The only surprise is, some people are surprised.

This is going to go on happening, again and again, in different ways, in different places.

Isn't it?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:48 pm
@McTag,
Sadly, McTag, you are quite right on this point.
JPB

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:54 pm
@Region Philbis,
Now the media is saying that Ryan is the older brother of the shooter, Adam Lanza, not that it was a different Ryan Lanza, but a different member of the family who was the shooter.

NY Post wrote:
Adam Lanza, 20, shot his mother dead and targeted her kindergarten class at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., sources sais. Sources also told The Post that Lanza's mother was a teacher at the school and he "had a dispute with her."

Lanza is dead inside the school.

Lanza used two handguns and a .223-caliber assault rifle, an official said. The official also said that New Jersey state police are searching a location in connection with the shootings.

Police in Hoboken, NJ are questioning Lanza's older brother Ryan, 24, but he is not a suspect.
http://newyorkpost.com/p/news/local/potential_connecticut_school_shooting_8HMOSbP38TXwSYYsVGkYLO
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
Indeed. And we will hear now all the old beliefs and arguments as before, after Stockton, after Aurora, after ... ... ... .

And then ... then, there will be a next time.
Until everyone is running around with a gun, in body armor?
Ragman

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:20 pm
@gungasnake,
Speaking of snakes, what you couldn't resist posting here is so disrespectful and disgusting. What a scummy snake you really are.
BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:21 pm
If not the tools it the madmen that the problem see below and there are over 200 millions firearms in the US so good luck in limiting access or waving a magic wand to get rid of them so we can go on to licensing large knives.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/asia/china-knife-attack/index.html

Beijing (CNN) -- Twenty-two primary school children were wounded in a knife attack Friday in central China, authorities said.

The attack took place at the entrance to the Chenpeng Village Primary School in Henan province, according to the public information department of Guangshan county, the area where the school is located. An adult was also wounded, it said.

Several of the children are in critical condition, the state-run website Chinanews.com said, citing local authorities.

Read more: Malala is face of global attacks on schools

Police say they have detained a suspect, a 36-year-old man from the village, state media reported.

Initial assessments suggest the man is mentally ill, Chinanews.com said, citing Guangshan authorities.

China was hit by a spate of knife and cleaver attacks that targeted school children in 2010.

A number of measures were introduced at the time, including increased security at schools across the country and a regulation requiring people to register with their national ID cards when buying large knives.

BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:47 pm
@BillRM,
So st this moment by the votes down at least four members of this website wished to live in a fantasy world where you can passed a law or laws and prevent this kind of sad event.

Those poor kids was sitting ducks for any form of attack be that a Japanese sword or a bottle of propane or a can of gasoline even if you could someone limit access to firearms to anyone who does not care to obey your new laws.

You need a few arm guards at our schools it would seems and that might help where anti-gun laws will not, but then there are all kind of other places where there are large gathering of children so the attacks might just move from the schools to the parks with playing fields and such.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:52 pm
@JakeSherman: On Fox, Huckabee asks whether we should be surprised about school shootings when we've removed God from schools.
4 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

I can't begin to express the emotion this tweet brought out in me and the desire to find a toilet bowl into which I could hold Rev Huckabee's head.
Ragman

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:57 pm
@JPB,
I concur wholeheartedly.

Let me understand something of the loigc there: If there's actually a God, wouldn't he/she/it be around whether or not school prayer was allowed?

Msg to the esteemed Rev: "There's just no logic in your comment, Mr. Huckabee."

I'm sure that the shooter said to himself before he decided to do this dastardly deed. "I can do this because God has turned his back here!"
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 04:05 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I'm sure that the shooter said to himself before he decided to do this dastardly deed. "I can do this because God has turned his back here!"

More likely he said, "It's all right because God told me to do this."
Ragman

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 04:13 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yeah. I hear that.

When I listen to the daily news, I can typically isolate my deepest feelings to try to protect myself from the horrors I may hear.

However, some things really make me nauseated. This is one of them. Why couldn't the guy just off himself and leave the others out of it?

Fercrissakes, Kindergartners?
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 04:19 pm
I posted this on another forum about 15 minutes before I read this thread...

Quote:
...all of that is most certainly understood. I'm not a religious person in the very least, but I am rational and I understand that things are the way they are regardless of my efforts to personally affect them. Most of the "debates" I've seen to "ban guns!" are ignorant. I'm just frustrated at the lack of personal responsibility society has placed on the man who just took out both of his parents and 18 small children. It's been turned into a debate on whether guns should be legal, instead.

People that do these sorts of things are criminals. They're going to acquire the weapons they wield regardless of the law.

@quote thack45 wrote:
The gun/anti-gun "debates" are an all too convenient red herring so no one has to really consider how some people end up getting so fvked up in the head.

*warning: impertinent blatherings*
A lot of people get agitated when they hear that a guy had once written, "god is dead". Others just enjoy the victory. They never thought to consider what he (arguably) meant; what will occupy the absence of the crushing control that is organized religion? Nasty little conundrum, but theists and non-theists alike have their reasons for not acknowledging the question...
/rant

Figured I'd repost here
BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 04:28 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
On Fox, Huckabee asks whether we should be surprised about school shootings when we've removed God from schools.
4 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Some of the religion nuts will use this sad event to try to gain ground for their own point of view and of course the anti-gun groups are already trying to do the same.

Both are in my opinion at best are misguided and at worst are knowingly using the deaths of small children in a shameful manner.
0 Replies