Another major school shooting today ... Newtown, Conn

BillRM

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 04:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
Given that there was zero reason to had invade Iraq in the first place and we are indeed going into private homes in the middle of the night in Iraq doing what Kerry stated we are doing what are your points of disagreements with Kerry statements?
tenderfoot

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 11:15 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

spendius wrote:

Lifting a crinoline with confidence ...

Reminds me of the first time I kissed a girl on the lips

Bet you held a bazooka to her head for that :-
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 11:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The squirt talks Outa his prick and arse hole.... that's why I call him a piss fart, If I was a American ex service man I'd test piss fart's courage on a battle field.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 03:35 am
@tenderfoot,
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 06:11 am
@BillRM,
John Kerry's so-called service in Vietnam lasted 4 months and 12 days
BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 06:21 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
John Kerry's service in Vietnam lasted 4 months and 12 days

That 4 months and 12 days longer then Bush2 had been in combat zone so what is your point?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 06:27 am
@H2O MAN,

What You Don’t Know About John Kerry
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 06:52 am
@H2O MAN,
The issue is not john Kerry it is instead the cowardly attacks on a combat vet launched by supporters of Bush 2 a man that never hear a shot fired in angry in his life.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 06:54 am
@BillRM,
The issue is Kerry the Coward and how he left his unit in Vietnam behind as
fast as he possibly could and then went on to protest against the US military.

There is no question about John Kerry being a big democrat douchebag.

http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/192x/0e/7f/06/0e7f06b17217867e198fb0f9fa734c42.jpg

http://communistsforkerry.com/images/othersites/john_kerry_finger_vets.jpg
BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 07:05 am
@H2O MAN,
Yes indeed it is far far far better to get out of combat by getting into the national guard and protecting the skies over Texas then to serve in combat and a combat zone for ONLY a few months!!!!!!!!!

What insane silliness is that my friend?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 07:16 am
@BillRM,

Billyboy, your love for Kerry knows no bounds.

Your attacks on GWB are just silly and stupid.
BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 08:21 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Your attacks on GWB are just silly and stupid.

Yes it is far better to get out of serving in combat totally then to serve only a few months in combats in a combat zone.......LOL
0 Replies

genefog2

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 08:23 am
@spendius,
So if someone pulled a gun and saed your ass from an armed maniac, you say they are a criminal for having done it? What screwed up logic. Well tellya what buddy, if we ever meet and someone wants to blow you away, I'll let em, then while they are carting your remains to the body barn we can all be happy because I was a good law abiding citizen. How stupid.
genefog2

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 08:25 am
We should all be glad the people who died in the school and theatre shootings got shot. At least they were obeying the law and being good citizens!
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 08:31 am
@genefog2,
Do you think this tripe up yourself...or do you have school kids who help you?
spendius

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 09:20 am
@genefog2,
Quote:
if we ever meet and someone wants to blow you away, I'll let em,

You do that. There's plenty more where I came from.

I'll take my chances. They seem a lot better here than they do where you are. You wouldn't get a Medal of Honour for saving me. If justice were to be done they would shoot you for saving me.

Not the armchair Cape Crusader type are you by any chance?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 10:16 am
@genefog2,
I'll answer it, although my position is not about banning weapons, but fully enforcing the laws you listed, including having background checks on buyers and sellers of ALL gun purchases or exchanges. (That would include your Uncle Billy giving you his old shotgun.) I agree with Lindsey Graham, of all people, that if you attempt to pass a background check by filing false information, you ought to spend a year in jail or pay a large fine.
~~
Now to your question:
The difference between the armed citizens of Israel and the armed citizens of the USA is that they don't shoot each other as much as we do. They have low crime AND low murder rates.
I know, that sounds too simple, but it's true.
The same is true for people in all of the industrialized world, they don't shoot each other as much as we do. Canadians, Germans, Poles, Austrians and more have lots of guns; they don't shoot people with them as much as Americans do.

We, as a nation, are trigger-happy. We shoot people when a loud series of insults hurts our pride. We shoot people because we don't like the way a car passes us in the right lane of a three lane highway. We shoot spouses on a regular basis. We shoot ex-spouses because they were an hour late or asked for more alimony or child support. We shoot the new companion of an ex-spouse because (you fill in the blank.) meh

We shoot people because we are crazy. 50% of police-related shooting involve the mentally ill. (So much for full enforcement of blocking the insane from obtaining weapons.)

I haven't started talking about the difference between our gangs and the gangs in those same industrialized nations: our gangs love to shoot people, gangs elsewhere seem not to need to plug the competition in order to control territory. (The Mexicans haven't figured that out yet, they probably learned the "shoot the SOB before he shoots you" policy from us. You think?)

I would like to make it extremely difficult to own a handgun in the USA, extremely difficult to buy or sell one as a private citizen and highly unlikely that someone would ever be able to own more than three weapons, other than collectables that have been made non-functional. Doing that over the next ten years would prevent 125,000 gunshot murders and 200,000 gunshot suicides.

There would still be murders and suicides, just not as many, and not done as easily as they are today.
I am not for gun control.
Joe(I am for gun owner control.)Nation
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 11:51 am
@genefog2,
genefog2 wrote:
Uh, guess what, the one place that has the lowest crime favors guns the most: Israel.
Quote:
It is forbidden in Israel to own any kind of firearm, including air pistols and rifles, without a firearms license. ... In 2005, there were 236,879 private citizens and 154,000 security guards licensed to carry firearms. Another 34,000 Israelis who were previously licensed own guns illegally due to their failure to renew their gun license
(Source: wikipedia)

The U.S. Department of State currently rates the crime level in Israel as medium.

http://i50.tinypic.com/a3028m.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2bcgpj.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2nkhope.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/246umqb.jpg
0 Replies

genefog2

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 01:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That is the kind of response that ignorant ones always resort to when facts kick their ass. Name calling and childishness, nothing productive. That's why you people are good for the rest of us with common sense to amuse ourselves with. You cant handle facts or face reality. It's hilarious. Since all you can do now is hurl insults I wont confuse you with reality and mess up your dream world. You do, however make good targets for psychos, and you are perfect puppets for the idiots pushing their gun control agenda because truth is beyond your grasp. Cast your little votes and sign your little petitions for gun control. Whats the first thing you do when you are in a pinch? Call for someone with a gun to save you. Fortunately they arrive too late in most cases and the gene pool of ignorance goes down by that much.
BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 01:53 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
I agree with Lindsey Graham, of all people, that if you attempt to pass a background check by filing false information, you ought to spend a year in jail or pay a large fine.

LOL let build a thousand more prisons and courts and so on.............

Government officers had already stated when the subject had come on on talk shows that the resources are not there to bring charges for lying on gun background forms.

We already have the largest percents of our total population behind bars then any other advance nation in the world by a factor of ten or more.

Quote:
We shoot people because we are crazy. 50% of police-related shooting involve the mentally ill. (So much for full enforcement of blocking the insane from obtaining weapons.)

An you are under the impression that most of those police shootings of the mentally ill involved firearms armed mentally ill persons?

Most of the news reports I had hear over the years of such shootings are of police being called by a family member to deal with an out of control family member and when the police show up that person rush them with some kind of edge weapon.

We could perhaps try spending more funds to treat such people and not use the jails and the police as our front line in dealing with the mentally ill.

Quote:
I would like to make it extremely difficult to own a handgun in the USA, extremely difficult to buy or sell one as a private citizen and highly unlikely that someone would ever be able to own more than three weapons,

Three hundreds millions repeat three hundreds millions firearms in the US and we can not stopped anyone from getting street drugs that is willing to break the law but we are somehow going to stop anyone willing to break the law from owning firearms?

You program would be a wonderful break for criminals as they would not need to worry about non-criminals being arm but would not stop any criminal from being armed anymore then we had been able to stop the drug trade.

Quote:
We, as a nation, are trigger-happy. We shoot people when a loud series of insults hurts our pride. We shoot people because we don't like the way a car passes us in the right lane of a three lane highway. We shoot spouses on a regular basis.

Strange that the murder rate in the US is now at a fifty years low and damn near a hundred years low is it not?

Quote:
I haven't started talking about the difference between our gangs

Nonsense the gangs all over the world are using firearms see the sad state that a large percents of South America nations are in with violence firearms equip gangs it hardly only in Mexico and then we have such nations as South Africa and Russian and on a d on and on.....................

If you wish to reduce gangs in the US we could try taking a large percents of their funding sources away by ending the so call war on drugs.