Another major school shooting today ... Newtown, Conn

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:06 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
For anyone that wants to try to argue that gun laws make no difference please explain away these stats. Almost every red state with loose gun laws has a gun death rate higher than the country's average.

Easy. The fact that they were killed with a gun does not make them any more dead than they would be if they had been killed without a gun. Therefore it makes no difference whether or not a gun was used to kill them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:07 pm
@Val Killmore,
Val Killmore wrote:
And also don't forget the mass murder by our own government with the use of Nuclear weapons in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which is safe to say, highly "effective."

Effective, yes, but wartime strikes on military targets are not mass murder.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:07 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
yeah, sure, BillRM, that's why the Mafia, the Cosa Nostra, the Crips, the Bloods have always used IEDs to off their opponents.

Actually, the mob has a very long history of using bombs in assassinations.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:08 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Yes, every single sailor has 3 concealed weapons on there person at all times, it's a requirement.

I presume from that sarcasm the answer is that personal guns are banned on a carrier. And there can be as many as 5000 people on board in a pretty confined space who cannot be other than a fair cross-section of Americans, mostly male and it is males in their general age range who shoot guns the most.

So why do they not have protection from their fellow citizens that you lot demand? Does the gun-free zone make life on board safer?

And you didn't answer another question last night either despite being asked twice and pointedly.

And you claim to answer questions. And anybody who doesn't know that "idiot!" is an argument from idiocy is twice an idiot. And if he's frightened of answering he's into wibbly-wobbly, knee-knocking **** pants mode and can be relied on to talk of danger in order to find compensatory machismo in words delivered from a cradle-like setting.

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:11 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:
Val Killmore wrote:
Anyway, the part that you suggest that guns being the most "effective" way of killing someone is a matter of opinion. My opinion regard to "mass murders" is that there are more effective ways than guns, such as home made bombs

If that were the case, we'd see school bombings, not school shootings.

Guns are easier. But if guns are banned, bombings will become more prevalent.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:11 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:
Okay, so the only example you can give of a bombing is an unsuccessful one. On the other hand, their attacks with guns were quite successful.

If the Columbine guys had not had guns, they would have taken more time to perfect their bombs.

They only made one simple mistake with their bombs. Had they not made that one mistake, their bombs would have been quite deadly.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:13 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/RegionPhilbis/armedguards_zps4aca13e7.jpg

Go ahead and leave the children completely defenseless. Just don't come whining to me next massacre. Won't be my problem.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:15 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
To call such people "anti-gun" or "anti-gun rights" would just be absurd.

True enough. You can call me "anti-gun" or "anti-gun rights" if you like. I think those people are pissing into the wind.

If they don't support an all-out ban they are pro-gun. As is anybody else who doesn't.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:15 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
Yes, every single sailor has 3 concealed weapons on there person at all times, it's a requirement.

I presume from that sarcasm the answer is that personal guns are banned on a carrier.

Military personnel are given weapons, it's all part of the job.
Did your know the NAVY still uses the M14?
Anyway, there is no logical reason for personal weapons on a carrier.
spendius

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:23 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Military personnel are given weapons, it's all part of the job.

I know. I've been on active service. Issued from the armoury and returned after duty with every shell counted.

Quote:
There is no logical reason for personal weapons on a carrier.

Okay--then there's no logical reason elsewhere if a gun ban is effective.

Why did you mention Navy Seals? Are we supposed to just get the impression you are or were a Seal from your doing so? Another question you have not answered and you caused it to be asked.
BillRM

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:25 pm
@firefly,
So if you got your wish and somehow interfere with the ability to used firearms to do mass killings the result would be that these sick people would turn to far more deadly means of doing mass killings the means of doing so can be found in any drug store and pool supply store with step by step details on the internet.

Somehow I do not see the gain with a side note of by just interfering with so call assault rifles and therefore getting the use of pump shotguns and high power hunting rifles up in such killings would mean more not less deaths as both pump/semi auto shotguns and high power hunting rifles are far more deadly then so call assault rifles in doing the kind of mass killings that happen at Newtown.

The problem is not firearms or a type of rifle label an assault rifle but the mentally ill being encourage by the media to get their 15 minutes of fame by doing mass killings.

If you care about the welfare of school children from this danger we need armed security on site nothing less will have any effect on the problem.

Of course Firefly I do not see you as likely caring about solving this problem but are just using it and the dead children as a mean/excuse to take more freedoms from the people.

spendius

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:32 pm
@BillRM,
When somebody starts talking about "the people" you can bet he's stuck for words or glossing over a power grab.

There is no "the people". There is an aggregate of individual men, wonen and children.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:32 pm
H2O says:
Quote:
Anyway, there is no logical reason for personal weapons on a carrier.

NONSENSE!! Everybody needs and has a constitutional right to be armed at all times for self-defense. Isn't that your mantra? Why aren't you fighting for the rights of all sailors to pack semi-auto weapons everywhere for defense against other sailors and for resistance against unconstitutional orders that their officers may issue? Who knows when they might be ordered to participate in a coup against the government or a coup in favor of it? We know sexual harassment up to and including rape is disturbingly common in the military. Sailors need to be armed against that. Who knows when someone may flip out like the Ft. Hood massacre? Your hypocrisy is shocking, H2O! Unarmed sailors on carriers! Shocking!
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:33 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Okay--then there's no logical reason elsewhere if a gun ban is effective.

You should remove your blinders and look around...

A carrier is a city, but it's also an island that restricts unauthorized arrivals and departures. It's a controlled environment with it's own armed security and police forces.

The blue state cities that young black Americans are dying in have the strictest gun bans currently in effect and they are anything but controlled environments.

How effective have these gun bans been?
spendius

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:34 pm
@spendius,
"Freedoms of the people"!!!!! Blimey!! Is this a first grader's thread?
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
Laughing

GI = Government Issue.
They all have guns, the NAVY has the BIGGEST guns and they know how to use them,
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:36 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Is this a first grader's thread?

Another piece of the puzzle.

Go on...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

They are not gun bans. They are playing at it.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Who knows when someone may flip out like the Ft. Hood massacre?

You must be thinking of the Ft. Hood terrorist attack on US soil carried out by a Muslim.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:39 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:

They are not gun bans. They are playing at it.

Bullshit, will you ever run out of it?

0 Replies