Another major school shooting today ... Newtown, Conn

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 12:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

I am not "scared" of you at all, JTT

Come on Frank do actually think that JTT suggested that you were scared of him?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 01:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
doubt you will ever clean up your act, though, because you seem to be motivated by resentment, jealousy, and fury...rather than reason.

JTT seems emotionally/mentally unstable and the condition centering around that the evil US is the most evil government/people in the history of the human race.

If there is a discussion about the weather on a thread somehow it is likely to be a CIA weather control plot to ruin the sugar cane crop or the banana crop in some south American country.

No subject is not view through the narrow keyhole of his/her/it hate of the US.

Not worth the trouble to read the JTT postings unless you doing a case study of such mentally unbalance persons.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 01:38 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
is trying to control these weapons which are able to kill and injure so many people quickly.

Let see shotguns, rifles both lever actions and semi auto, and all semi auto handguns, some wheel guns design to have the cylinder change out in the same manner as a mag.......... in other word the vast majority of all firearms.
McTag

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 01:41 pm
@H2O MAN,

Quote:
unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms".

That's an interesting quotation from James Madison.

I wonder if there was a free vote (a secret ballot, obviously) among your government whether a majority would agree that individuals today should be trusted with military hardware.
firefly

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 01:45 pm
@BillRM,
@BillRM,

You still haven't answered a question I have asked you several times.

Do you have any interest in reducing the death toll, in this country, that is caused by firearms?

You rather clumsily try to tap dance around the problem of gun violence in this country by dragging in as many irrelevant issues as possible, including your rather morbid preoccupation with other methods of killing people, including children, by methods other than the use of guns. Of course, none of that addresses our country's public health problem with the thousands of senseless and needless deaths, caused by firearms, every year in this country--not just in the more dramatic mass shootings, of which we saw far too many in the past year, but also in the daily shootings which erode our quality of life.

I ask you again...
Do you have any interest in reducing the death toll, in this country, that is caused by firearms?

And, if you do...
Can you offer any solutions or proposals that do involve putting even more guns into private hands?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:08 pm
@McTag,

.... Even if they look somewhat similar, there is a big difference between military small arms and
civilian small arms. Also, individuals have little if any legal access to military hardware these days.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:11 pm

BTW, that libtard Donald Kaul needs to be dealt with as a terrorists.

Someone needs to post his home address so the feds can raid his house.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:12 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Also, individuals have little if any legal access to military hardware these days.

Oh well, there is always tomorrow...and there is always hope...

...right, H2O?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Still drinking your lunch... maybe it's time for you to dry out.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:22 pm
Firepower without a semi-auto rifles of any kind.

Uploaded on Dec 17, 2008

World record rifle run of 10 shots in 1.73sec. The action was then extended to 20.5sec for 127 shots fired. This would be a cyclic rate of 371.7 shots per minute.

firefly

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
http://underthelobsterscope.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/rocket-launcher-6-30-10-col.jpg?w=604
Lash

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:25 pm
http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

Harvard study says proliferation of guns not connected to murder - and US does not have highest murder rate. I was surprised by results.
spendius

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:40 pm
@BillRM,
Gee Bill-- those guys look important. I bet they strut. I can't help wondering what they think about when they are wanking.
Val Killmore

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:42 pm
@Lash,
Yes, I posted this study earlier, and all I heard were crickets.
Lash

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:50 pm
@Val Killmore,
Sorry I missed it - and (lol) the crickets. Not surprised.
BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:51 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Gee Bill-- those guys look important. I bet they strut. I can't help wondering what they think about when they are wanking.

Whatever they are thinking the bullets are still coming out of the rifles barrels at roughly the same rate as a so call assault gun and the bullets happen to be of far larger caliber beside then most so call assault rifles.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:53 pm
@Lash,
That study also points out something unique to the American situation--we increased our prison population and still retain the death sentence.
Quote:
Perhaps the United States is doing something right in
promoting firearms for law‐abiding responsible adults. Or perhaps
the United States’ success in lowering its violent crime
rate relates to increasing its prison population or its death sentences.
Further research is required to identify more precisely
which elements of the United States’ approach are the most
important, or whether all three elements acting in concert were
necessary to reduce violent crimes.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
JTT

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:53 pm
@Lash,
Lash knows all about crickets.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 02:56 pm
@firefly,
hahaha...I saw that. Very popular all around with the political sensibilities here. The facts speak...even though I hate the death penalty. I saw a really interesting Freakanomics segment about how the legalization of abortion also dropped US crime rates. Ugly, but true.
BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 03:01 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
That study also points out something unique to the American situation--we increased our prison population and still retain the death sentence.

Somehow our fulling up our prisons populations with mainly non-violence offensers thank to people like you that love long sentences is not likely to be helpful in my opinion.