Another major school shooting today ... Newtown, Conn

firefly

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Firefly...if you are still following this, could you please explain to me what JTT is trying to babble.

I'm sitting this one out. The comments seem to have a background or history I am not familiar with. Ask JTT to clarify, if you're really interested.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:22 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5212099)
Quote:
Would you please read what he has written...and explain it to me.

My head cant handle it today Frank but honestly I do think if you really try, he will explain anything you ask "unless he thinks you are making a joke of it.

I've asked him...and I have been a good deal more "nice" about thing than he. If he wants to answer, let him...but I suspect he will not because there is no "Freudian slip" in my post...and there was no hypocrisy either.

If your head can handle it tomorrow, RL...I truly would appreciate you looking the posts over and telling me what he means.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Hey...okay, I up for it.

Yeah, right, Frank. You're shaking.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:29 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Would you please read what he has written...and explain it to me.

Frank: Please someone, anyone, help me cause as much confusion as possible.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:33 am
@JTT,
Keep it up. By now, most reading this thread realize you cannot explain why you called any part of that sentence a "Freudian slip"...and since there is absolutely no hypocrisy in it, that part of your charge is also baseless.

Yo...I gotta watch a football game in a bit, so I may be slow in responding, but don't stop this. I am enjoying it beyond measure.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
but don't stop this. I am enjoying it beyond measure.

Frank's new, but already old shtick.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
By now, most reading this thread realize

Did you get a crystal ball for Xmas, Frank?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:41 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Frank's new, but already old shtick.

Ain't nothing really new in the world, JTT. We are all just recycling stuff.

Anyway, doing all this friendly chit chat between the two of us at least keeps you out of the "I really hate America and everything about it" mode.

Right?

In case I forget, by the way, I want to with you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. I hope you get some of the anxiety and angst under control...and that 2013 is much, much better for you than 2012.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:43 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5212118)
Quote:
By now, most reading this thread realize

Did you get a crystal ball for Xmas, Frank?

Nope.

But you are correct in the thrust of your comment and I am certainly willing to acknowledge that.

Allow me to revise:

By now, I suspect most reading this thread realize...

Yup, that's better.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
But you are correct in the thrust of your comment and I am certainly willing to acknowledge that.

You don't think that people can see right thru this new found sense of "honesty", Frank.

I think that you should stop helping yourself.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
In case I forget, by the way, I want to with you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. I hope you get some of the anxiety and angst under control...and that 2013 is much, much better for you than 2012.

Part of Frank's new, but already old shtick.

Pretense is just another form of dishonesty, Frank.

You don't have a real strong grasp of this concept either, do you?
spendius

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:57 am
@JTT,
With Frank the conclusion is always contained in the premiss. The premiss being that Frank is a genius. The word forms may vary but it's all the same thing at bottom.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 11:57 am
@JTT,
Cant you 2 find a room or something and take spendius with you?
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 12:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
Don't you think that the very room where Oralloy's and others honesty is being questioned, by Frank Apisa [and others] is the ideal room where this discussion should take place, RL?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 12:14 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Don't you think that the very room where Oralloy's and others honesty is being questioned, by Frank Apisa [and others] is the ideal room where this discussion should take place, RL?

Maybe you are correct, I am getting a head ache "I need to find another room to lounge in.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 12:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I am getting a head ache "I need to find another room to lounge in.

You may have inadvertently hit on something, RL. Hearing unpleasant truths has a profound affect on peoples' minds. And it affects us all in many different ways.

Do you think it will be long before the hamsters direct the "don't feed the trolls", "this thread isn't about [blah blah blah] crowd over this way?

I know that Frank would welcome them with open arms.
firefly

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 12:35 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Re: reasoning logic (Post 5212140)

The discussions regarding the "honesty" of posters are meaningless--in reality, no one here actually knows whether any other poster is intentionally lying, although various posters, including you, JTT, gratuitously, and erroneously, accuse others of lying without any evidence to support exactly what is being lied about, and, most importantly, how that deviates from the poster's true beliefs, or exactly how it represents a willful distortion of factual data.

I would rather return to a discussion of the actual thread topic, JTT. And it would be nice if the discussion advanced beyond the constant repetition of the same points repeated by the same posters. There are other aspects of the shooting episode at Sandy Hook Elementary School, and tangential issues related to it, which aren't even being explored, or mentioned, or discussed yet--even after 130+ pages.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 12:50 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
The discussions regarding the "honesty" of posters are meaningless--in reality, no one here actually knows whether any other poster is intentionally lying, although various posters, including you, JTT, gratuitously, and erroneously, accuse others of lying without any evidence to support exactly what is being lied about, and, most importantly, how that deviates from the poster's true beliefs, or exactly how it represents a willful distortion of factual data.

How quickly you have found and embraced god, FF.

Do you consider lies of omission to be lies?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 01:00 pm
@JTT,
JTT you know that I value what you share or at least I have told you that I do.

I do not know if you like The Young Turks the way I do but I also like to hear other view points and sometimes I find them to be credible what do you think about this video about Mass Shootings?

This is one in support of gun owners.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 01:11 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
you fear the person threatening you, or your home, might also be carrying a gun

Sorry I do not care if someone break into my home with a knife instead of a firearm or attacked my wife with his bare hands you do not need a criminal armed with a firearm to be placed at risk of your life and in need of a firearm to defense yourself.

A women friend of mine was attacked ,beaten and rob and placed into the hospital as a result with it taking months for her to heal without a firearm in sight just two large men and if she had have a firearm she would have had every damn right to used it to defense herself.

People been killing others for hundred of thousands of years before firearms came to be..

To sum up it is not firearms that are the concern it is people who are willing to killed or badly hurt others that are the concern no matter what tools they happen to picked to do so.
0 Replies