Another major school shooting today ... Newtown, Conn

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 11:10 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

EhBeth and others would rather see children killed then to offer them armed protection.

as long as the NRA fully funds armed protection for all people at all times I'm good with it

the NRA has plenty of money for lobbying - they should consider putting their money where their loud mouths are
JTT

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 11:32 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
and yes - it would be useful if you occasionally confirmed information instead of just speaking out of some random orifice

Good advice, Beth. Have you and Set got a poster of that on your fridge?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:59 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I am for gun registration.

We had have gun checks for decades and the only thing it does is to cause those who can not be legally armed to go to the private market.

No amount of gun registration is going to stop one child from being killed by someone who is determine to do so by firearms or by other means.

Then when people bring up the only thing that might offer some protection you and others like you are not interested.

So you should look in the mirror to see who do not care for the lives of children.
parados

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:43 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Then when people bring up the only thing that might offer some protection you and others like you are not interested.

The only thing?

Hell there are lots of ways to prevent children being killed by guns. Get rid of all guns, get rid of all children are 2 sure fire ways that show your "only thing" is nothing but you talking out of your ass.
BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:01 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Hell there are lots of ways to prevent children being killed by guns. Get rid of all guns, get rid of all children are 2 sure fire ways that show your "only thing" is nothing but you talking out of your ass.

Real world solutions not fantasy land as getting rid of 300 hundreds millions guns would be about at the same level of likelihood in the real world in the US as getting rid of a hundred million children down the rabbit hole.

parados

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:04 pm
@BillRM,
Which world solutions? Because your idea clearly isn't a real world solution nor is it the only real world solution as you suggested.
JTT

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:05 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
real world in the US as getting rid of a hundred million children down the rabbit hole.

The US hasn't reached that number yet, Bill, but it's trying its best.
JTT

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:09 pm
@parados,
Try your famous barn paradosing on Bill, Parados. It worked great on Okie.
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:12 pm
@parados,
You forgot another method to prevent children being killed by guns, which is to get rid of all biological adults.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:20 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
The US hasn't reached that number yet, Bill, but it's trying its best.

Come on JTT I feel some of what you feel and maybe I make fun of how me, you and others feel at times because I see all of us as the fifth ape and that is the only thing that makes since to me about the world we live in.

We are a bunch of crazy animals and I hate to admit it. Please try to find happiness within yourself because I doubt you will find it in the world we live in when we are advancing technologically but yet we are suppressing the social sciences and very few care about moral philosophy.
I think that our disinterest in moral philosophy will be what takes us out unless we can come to the understanding of it's importance.

This will probably be the next thing that people get a hold of.

BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:27 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Which world solutions? Because your idea clearly isn't a real world solution nor is it the only real world solution as you suggested

My solution is good enough for airline passengers in having one layer of protection to keep bad guys from showing up on airliners with firearms, explosives,box cutters and so on and if that fail we have a system of armed sky marshals and a armed pilots program.

So the bad guys never know if they do get by the perimeter security if there is or is not train armed security waiting for them.

If the Newtown shooter could not had known if he would be facing armed resistance before being able to force the door open he might had change his mind or been killed at the door.

Have boxes mounted on the school walls that can only be open by finger prints that may or may not contain firearms for specialty train teachers to access in time of need.

Next whenever possible have armed security in the schools either at all times or rotation at random along with the armed teacher program.

Not perfect however it surely is worth doing instead of fantasy land solutions of getting rid of 300 millions guns or by meaningless bans on weapons no more deadly then others.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:48 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
http://www.prisonplanet.com/ban-prozac-and-other-mass-murder-drugs-not-guns.html

Who ever voted that down, I suggest you read up. There is links associated with a vast majority of the mass murderers, being on Prozac, which also has shown to be a suicidal drug, that being that the murderer, has no problems killing themselves after ...

http://rense.com/general63/shooter.htm

Quote:
Kristine Marie Cushing, age 39, had been separated from her husband for several months. In October 1991, she took a .38-caliber pistol and shot and killed both of her children, Elizabeth age 8, and Stephanie Marie, age 4, while they lay sleeping in their beds, then shot herself, inflicting a non-fatal wound. Prosecutors stated that they "couldn't find one iota of information to show that she was anything but a very giving, caring and sweet human being." After a plea of insanity, she was committed to a mental institution. What made her
snap? She had been taking Prozac.

Quote:
SSRIs, or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, are the pharmaceutical companies latest cash cows. Their use has skyrocketed in the last ten years. Nicknamed "Chemical Babysitters" and designated anti depressants, they are causing dozens of murders, thousands of psychoses and are altering the minds of millions of users. All but a very few of the latest "Mass Murderers" have been on these drugs. Schools encourage parents to put their children on these drugs for the smallest signs of "non conformity". Schools receive more money for "disabled" students.

Quote:
Prozac and its family of psychotropic drugs are at the heart of 99% off mass murder shootings. The media also hypes victim disarmament zones like public brainwashing centers as a great place for Prozac and Zoloft heads to kill. They always go to the place with no guns so they can take there time. Guns don’t kill people kook psychologist pushing SSRI do.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:54 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
but yet we are suppressing the social sciences and very few care about moral philosophy

We had evolved with weapons in our hands and without us doing so we would had gone extinct long before we became fully human and the tribes that lag behind in weapon development was wiped out or taken over.

The Romans developed boarding bridges on their ships that allowed them to win control of the seas from the great sea power of the world at that time Carthage and in the end completely wiped out the Carthage people as a people.

An there is a million examples in our history and there is an interesting book by a Dr. Smith call the Wizard War over how the allies won the technology war by their teeth in WW2.

We can not made man the weapon maker and user disappear but we can control and channel those drives that are part of our DNA at least good enough to offer far more protection for our children.

But not by dreaming of magic wands to make firearms disappear.

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:06 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
We can not made man the weapon maker and user disappear but we can control and channel those drives that are part of our DNA at least good enough to offer far more protection for our children.

This seems to be almost a religious belief even if you are not religious you still believe it to be true don't you?

I bet that you do not think that you have the ability to erase your own descendents from the planet by your own ideologies do you?
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
Lot of videos you posted on the AA 12.
What's your fascination with AA 12? It is very hard for a civilian to acquire.
I own a Tromix Saiga 12, an all right substitution for AA 12, even if AA 12 is auto because I'm sure I can shoot it at a rate equal to the AA 12 even if the saiga is a semi automatic. And I'm sure that a fully auto saiga has double the output of AA 12.
BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
This will probably be the next thing that people get a hold of.

What an interesting weapon too bad I can not get one for my wife next birthday as she love shotguns and this is one hell of a shotgun.

Here is one for mounting on top of your pickup truck or RV.

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:14 pm
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
What's your fascination with AA12? It is very hard for a civilian to acquire.
I own a Tromix Saiga 12, an all right substitution for AA12, even if AA12 is auto.

I do not have a fascination with an aa12 I only have one gun that is a 12 gauge.
I bought about 6 years ago and have not fired it in about 4 years.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:16 pm
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
I own a Tromix Saiga 12,

I will need to look that shotgun up as it been a few years since I had given my wife a new firearm and as I had said she love shotguns.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:19 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Here is one for mounting on top of your pickup truck or RV.

Do you think that frag12 shells would have done a better job?
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 06:16 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
In appreciation of firefly's postings.

Thanks, McTag, and I appreciate your saying that.
0 Replies