Is this a specious argument for pro-abortion?

izzythepush

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 02:55 am
@mysteryman,
And the stuff that comes out of your penis when you ejaculate is alive too.

Are you going to ban masturbation?
spendius

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 04:49 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
This thread is no longer about abortion, it's about your need to dictate to others, (women), what they can do with their own bodies. That's the worst form of evil, because it makes you so arrogant that you think you know what's best for everyone.

There you go again. "Dictate". Everybody who constructs an argument you don't like and can't deal with is dictating. Then you go from that assertion to arrogant and evil.

What a dictator says goes. Right? Those who promoted abortion and made the decision to legalise it have got their programme going. My programme isn't going. So I'm not the dictator at all. They are. You are.

And they are stuck with it too. We are all stuck with it because with 50,000,000 abortions all done and dusted it will be virtually impossible to now declare it a crime again. There's only one way to deal with it now and that is for it to fall into disuse through freedom of choice after all the arguments have been aired and not just yours which are not even argument because I can shred them all and are merely PR for the industry and face-savers for those who made the mistake of choosing sides superficially and whose pride won't allow them to repent.

I've told you what I'm doing. I'm trying to provide any woman reading here with the resources to resist pressure on her to abort her baby. That's all. And I'm up against an established, up and running, industry with friends in government, media, and the industry itself. And no woman is under the slightest pressure from me to take any notice of what I say. How am I "dictating"? That's an admission of how persuasive you think my arguments are. I'm nothing but an argument and if anything is dictating it is the argument. Not me.

You lot have proved that you don't answer questions and use assertions that I'm bleating, shouting, and bent out of shape, pissed, a dictator and evil to undermine any resources I manage to provide that woman, or women, with. That's browbeating because none of it is an argument. It is flapping about squawking. And if it persuades one woman to abort you killed that unborn baby. With drivel. Self-serving drivel.

You have been asked to describe an abortion so we all know what we are talking about and you have failed to do so. The woman has to go through something you can't even bring yourselves to describe. Or show on TV. I'm in favour of showing an abortion on TV. Are you?

You have been asked to imagine what is going on in the heads of those concerned and you have failed to chance your arm on that as well as if pretending nothing is going on in their heads is proof that nothing is doing.

As soon as the nitty-gritty is mentioned out come the insults.

You have been asked a number of things which you have not responded to. You have been presented with three pro-choice scenarios, one a real one where a woman is doing five years, and you have not attempted to deal with any of them. So you are not really pro-choice in principle but just when it is convenient.

You have been asked about the screens going up around the event like those on a race-course when there's an injury to a horse or jockey or when there is no re-play of a bad accident at football. To protect the sensitive from one of the costs of their activities.

The whole argument against euthanasia rests on the prediction that once its legal pressure will be brought to bear on the sick person to volunteer and that familiarity with such a process will lead to a deterioration in standards. Just as they have done with abortion starting with emotionally charged arguments about rare threats to a woman's life slipping into abortion for choosing gender and protection of a career or for cosmetic purposes. Even those rare threats when talked about too much frighten all women and create anxiety which is bound to make pregnancy and the delivery nerve-racking and thus more difficult. That's the central nervous system on the rack. In every pregnancy.

If I was a dictator I would order that abortions include the rendering of the woman infertile so she can't do it again.

spendius

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 04:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
My guess is if men where the ones carrying pregnancies, this topic would not be getting any discussion. Men would be laughing at the notion that women or other men should have some say over what they do with their own bodies.

What a ridiculous argument that is.
spendius

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 05:00 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
And the stuff that comes out of your penis when you ejaculate is alive too.

It's not a human life. Once united with a female egg it becomes human life.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 05:31 am
@spendius,
You're the one who thinks he has the right to tell women what they can do with their bodies, not me.

That's you inflicting your values on someone else.
spendius

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:00 am
@izzythepush,
Can you not understand a simple post. I'm inflicting nothing. I'm not telling women what they can do with their bodies. Are you inflicting your values by asserting that they shouldn't even consider what I'm saying before they make such a momentous decision as choosing to have an abortion under various forms of social pressure.

The Temple of Isis was opened and closed in Rome according to Juvenal and others because the ladies exercised their choice when it was open to urinate and defecate in the street. Are you pro-choice on that issue?

Just what are you pro-choice on?

You have nothing to offer here except asserted insults.

Why am I picked out for inflicting my values. Why are you not inflicting yours?

Why do you answer my post like that and hide away from the points raised in it?

When abortion was illegal a woman had a fall back position to help her resist social pressures from others. That it was illegal. Now she doesn't. And that's pro-choice. And her being encouraged to not listen to the full range of arguments through the infantile method perfected by Goebbels of labelling those offering them as bleating, shouting, dictating, bent out of shape, evil piss-artists who include in their number Mr Romney, Mr Ryan, the Pope, the Cardinals, thousands of bishops, and a billion Catholics worldwide.

It has nothing to do with free choice. It is to do with convenience and money.
spendius

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:01 am
@izzythepush,
editing error duplicated previous post.
spendius

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:08 am
@spendius,
I'm for athletes having a free choice to take any performance enhancing drugs they wish. Are you?

And they are adults and not defenceless unborn babies.
OmSigDAVID

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:10 am
@spendius,

Izzythepush wrote:
It's really quite pathetic, and you've gone way down in my estimation.
spendius wrote:
Good. I'm happy about that.
That appears to be facially rather illogical.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:16 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
It has nothing to do with free choice.
It is to do with convenience and money.
What a strange thing to say about freedom of abortion.
Note that money & convenience have a LOT to do with free choice.

There is nothing rong with money, convenience, & freedom of choice.

David
spendius

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Don't bother answering my posts Dave--there's a good chap. It's embarrassing.

Once you've established in your own mind that an unborn baby is not human life there's no reason why they shouldn't be an expensive delicacy in posh restaurants.
OmSigDAVID

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:36 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
I 'll do what I damn well PLEASE, Spendius; whether u like it or not.

David
spendius

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
It was a polite request. It was not an instruction. I was tricking you into saying that I can't dictate anything here as izzy said I was doing.

Thanks for making it clear. I was confident you would do.
OmSigDAVID

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:49 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Once you've established in your own mind that an unborn baby is not human life
there's no reason why they shouldn't be an expensive delicacy in posh restaurants.
I did NOT address that issue. It matters not.
The embryo is an intrusive parasite whereof his victim is ridding herself,
as honorably & admirably as killing a burglar or a robber.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:51 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
It was a polite request. It was not an instruction.
I was tricking you into saying that I can't dictate anything here as izzy said I was doing.

Thanks for making it clear. I was confident you would do.
I described MY OWN conduct, not yours.

David
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 07:09 am
For too long men have dictated, usually through religion, what women should wear, should work at, should basically think.
I think it's time men stepped back and let women decide for themselves what's good for them or otherwise.
Especially when it comes to their bodies.

As a man can you even imagine what it's like to be raped, become pregnant and then have somebody tell you you should keep the baby, I'll answer that for most right thinking men, No you can't.
As a man can you imagine what it's like to be a young girl who's gotten herself pregnant and who has to decide between keeping the child or not and all the implications for her future that go with that decision. No you can't.

Let women decide what to do with their own lives and bodies.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 07:17 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
I'm for athletes having a free choice to take any performance enhancing drugs they wish. Are you?

It is their body to injure, not mine. So none of my business.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 07:20 am
Pages and pages of men discussing abortion.

Does it happen in your real lives as well?

I find it truly bizarre to see non-medical men so interested in the innards of women's bodies.
izzythepush

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 08:01 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Can you not understand a simple post. I'm inflicting nothing. I'm not telling women what they can do with their bodies. Are you inflicting your values by asserting that they shouldn't even consider what I'm saying before they make such a momentous decision as choosing to have an abortion under various forms of social pressure.

I'm all for informed choices, although I think that should be left to accredited counsellors, not people who bang on about Juvenal.

I think the law is fine just the way it is.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 08:05 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

It was a polite request. It was not an instruction. I was tricking you into saying that I can't dictate anything here as izzy said I was doing.

I've never said you can force anyone to do anything, but you still want to tell women what they can do with their bodies. You wish to inflict your will on other people.

Your impotency is irrelevant.