Is this a specious argument for pro-abortion?

spendius

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 01:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Who has called abortion "murder" on this thread Frank?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 02:53 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
What form of expression does your concern for children take? Blowing £200 on a junket to Amsterdam when there are adverts on telly for money for straving children. Is that it?

When you make things personal you've run out of ideas. It's ridiculous to suggest that unless one lives a hermit like existance one is unable to take a moral stance on anything.

I'm not going to stoop to your level and comment on your personal life.

I'm not on any 'side,' I have my own opinions. I'm not part of any group.
spendius

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 02:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
How about using: WHEN IT IS BORN!

I obviously don't agree and neither does the law except in those places where if the hair on its head is not blonde it can be knocked off with impunity. I dare say there might be some such places. Have a good look at it before the umbilical cord is cut even.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Probably for the same reason you use them...and use ridiculous and self-confirming phrases so often...because we, as you, consider them appropriate to the situation.

Provide me with a comparable example and I will apologise. I don't consider such usages appropriate to the situation. Why do you say I do?

You not only assert that I am shouting and bent out of shape but now you assert that I think such tactics are appropriate and go on to conclude that due to me being in the states you assert I am it is perfectly satisfactory that 50 million abortions have taken place since Roe/Wade. I'm usually drunk. Didn't you know that. I'm a shouting, bleating, bent out of shape piss artist and thus 50 million unborn kids (at least 2 million of whom would have an IQ of over 130--I think 4% covers that.) can be offed. I would be inclined to send for the men in white coats to deal with such idiotic thinking. That's why it's inappropriate.

But you did use "probably" so you weren't actually committed were you? You just hoped others would think you were committed.

Why am I shouting or bleating or bent out of shape any more than anybody else posting on these threads.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
When you make things personal you've run out of ideas. It's ridiculous to suggest that unless one lives a hermit like existance one is unable to take a moral stance on anything.

I have not run out of ideas by any stretch.

You made it personal. You told us about your Amsterdam junket and then you insinuated that you had more concern for starving children than average. After you did that you can expect such a question in grown up company.

I'll ask you again. What form does your concern for the world's starving children take?

And the alternatives to squandering foreign exchange visiting the sex and drugs capital of Europe and polluting the atmosphere with noise and chemical substances are not necessarily living like a hermit.
spendius

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I'm not going to stoop to your level and comment on your personal life.

You are free to comment on any aspect of my personal life that I have revealed on A2K. I would not have revealed anything that I would object to being commented on.

You used "bleating" as a cheapskate trick to undermine my side of the argument and I'm exposing that trick to undermine yours. I'm showing the methods you are prepared to use in argument for what they are.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:30 pm
@spendius,
I'm not going to get into one of those pathetic arguments about who does the most for charity.

You've made it personal because you think your opinion is more important than anyone else's.

It's really quite pathetic, and you've gone way down in my estimation.
spendius

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 05:01 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I'm not going to get into one of those pathetic arguments about who does the most for charity.

Neither am I. You raised the matter of your concern for the starving children of the world as if you had some corner on it which we don't share and that the phoney concern you insinuated you have, which you don't, somehow makes abortion okay, acceptable and thus soon to come to a High Street near you so you can **** 'em and avoid any unnecessary interruptions in your progress. And it patronises the starving children of the world for you to use them as a club to beat anti-abortionists with. Fuckee off eh sunshine!

Quote:
It's really quite pathetic, and you've gone way down in my estimation.

Good. I'm happy about that.
izzythepush

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 05:37 pm
@spendius,
Personally I'm not that happy about abortion. I would not want to be responsible for the death of an aborted child. I am responsible for two children, and have looked after them. No woman has had to have an abortion on my account.

However, as a secularist, what is far more important is that I don't inflict my beliefs on anyone else. Giving the woman control over her own body is the only decision a civilised man can take. Telling someone what they must do with their own body is Fascism. That's wrong.

This thread is no longer about abortion, it's about your need to dictate to others, (women), what they can do with their own bodies. That's the worst form of evil, because it makes you so arrogant that you think you know what's best for everyone.

You don't. Not everyone believes the same as you. Get over yourself, you're not that important.
Foofie

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 06:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I understand and appreciate your feelings regarding abortion, but to suppose a zygote, embryo, or fetus to be a "whole person" and to call abortion murder is way beyond the line. A woman should be allowed to make a choice in the matter...and she should be allowed to have safe medical accommodation for that choice if it is to abort.

I never claimed anything is a "whole person." I said "a life." Meaning a living entity. Let's not play with words.

And, in my opinion, it is glib to say that "a woman should be allowed to make a choice in the matter." Perhaps, they should not be allowed to make a choice in the matter, since it affects another life, whether that life is fully functional or not.

0 Replies

Foofie

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 06:55 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

However, as a secularist, what is far more important is that I don't inflict my beliefs on anyone else. Giving the woman control over her own body is the only decision a civilised man can take. Telling someone what they must do with their own body is Fascism. That's wrong.

Uh? When did secular folk not try to promulgate their beliefs on others? The entire progressive/liberal/left contingent is crawling with secularists, and many are known to proselytize their cradle to grave welfare state mentality, not to mention their pet concerns (i.e., gay marriage).
mysteryman

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 09:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
So then the fetal pulse, the visible movement, and every other indicator of life displayed by a fetus don't mean its alive?
Are you gonna tell a pregnant woman that the fetus that she can see and feel moving inside her is not alive, because it hasn't been born yet?
Atom Blitzer

Sat 8 Sep, 2012 09:44 pm
@mysteryman,
6-8 weeks is a good cut off point to call an abortion if necessary cause after that the fetus too human like that makes the action kinda weird. And I don't see why women wait a few months such as 3 months -5 months to have abortions. The sooner the better, cause there is less complication, and cost decreases. I wonder if it's because they're still in denial LOL.
OmSigDAVID

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 12:48 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Personally I'm not that happy about abortion.
The opportunity to act in self defense is not a happy event.

izzythepush wrote:
I would not want to be responsible for the death of an aborted child. I am responsible for two children, and have looked after them. No woman has had to have an abortion on my account.

However, as a secularist, what is far more important is that I don't inflict my beliefs on anyone else. Giving the woman control over her own body is the only decision a civilised man can take.
Telling someone what they must do with their own body is Fascism. That's wrong.
I support the afflicted hostess's natural right to sovereign autonomy.

David

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 12:50 am
@Atom Blitzer,
Atom Blitzer wrote:
6-8 weeks is a good cut off point to call an abortion if necessary cause after that the fetus too human like that makes the action kinda weird.
Is THAT the criterion whereby we r constrained???? What is "weird"?? We have no right to the weird ?

David
OmSigDAVID

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 12:52 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
So then the fetal pulse, the visible movement, and every other indicator of life displayed by a fetus don't mean its alive?
Are you gonna tell a pregnant woman that the fetus that she can see and feel moving inside her is not alive, because it hasn't been born yet?
That intruder (the embryo) is like a LIVING burglar,
that u need to kill.
0 Replies

Atom Blitzer

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 01:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
No dumbass, there is no constrain or constraint. Weird as in ridiculous. Why nurture the cells a few extra months when you're gonna terminate it anyway. A waste of body's resources.
OmSigDAVID

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 01:17 am
@Atom Blitzer,
LOOK, Dumass:
sometimes, women & girls CHANGE their minds.

I guess u don 't KNOW that.
Frank Apisa

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 02:51 am
My guess is if men where the ones carrying pregnancies, this topic would not be getting any discussion. Men would be laughing at the notion that women or other men should have some say over what they do with their own bodies.
izzythepush

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 02:54 am
@Foofie,
I suggest you look up the definition of secularist. An evangelical atheist is not a secularist.
0 Replies