4 month affair - fallen for each other, but hopeless situation

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 06:43 pm
@Bella123,
You have met someone who interests you very much right now. This kind of intensity doesn't last and it isn't actual loving. That's why he says it is infatuation.

Infatuation is wonderful and we should all have it sometime, eh? But it isn't love.
Most of us have mixed that up in our minds while we were going through it.
On top of ordinary everyday infatuation, you two have a situation where things are impossible. That's soooo romantic to the infatuated person(s).

All the above advice is right on.
Love is a product of caring and attraction over time in real life. It's true that some infatuations lead to that, but not without some work.

Death of Infatuation - that should be a perfume name.

Bella123

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2012 03:33 am
@ossobuco,
I know that it needs to end. For the record, I dont believe this is infatuation, I am almost 40 years old, I had enough relationships before I was married to know the difference.

Since he decided to end it, neither one of us wants to let go, but I know that one of us will have to at some point.

I know that there are very strong feelings with regards to this and I fully understand, but having been on both sides of an affair, I also fully understand that it is not as straightforward as being able to 'do the right thing' or 'move on' its great to get opinions from people, but it is very hurtful to hear that some are pleased I am hurting :-(

My husband had several affairs and I found out years later that he fell in love with someone just before we had our first child. Knowing what I know now, I wish he had left to be with her, I dont think he ever really got over it and it would have given us both a chance of happiness years ago, rather than (me) imagining that everything was perfect.

It makes me incredibly sad that someone would stay in an unhappy marriage just for the children. You only live one life and in my opinion you should be as happy as you possibly can be.

Hurting yourself so as not to hurt others is very noble, but is it really the right thing to do?
0 Replies

Bella123

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 09:17 am
I am Bella123, not sure how to reply or whether this will work, so I will post this first, before I post an update to this situation..
Georgia27

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 01:24 pm
@Bella123,
I am Georgia. Bella I would be interested to talk with you. Perhaps we could support each other
0 Replies

Georgia27

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 03:27 pm
@Bella123,
Please feel free to PM me, I share in your same issues. I think I can help
0 Replies

Kisboros

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 11:14 am
@Bella123,
You are a pile of trash just like the woman who seduced my husband online into an affair and almost ruined my 18 years of marriage with him. I hope you suffer long and hard. No scruples; just trample on other peoples' lives.
0 Replies