Threating to post nude photos/video!

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 04:10 pm
I had a very brief "affair" (if that's even what you can call it)with my ex. We are both married with young children. We had sex 1 time but talked daily for several months. We ended things but in the process his wife found out. She has contacted me saying she has a "video/pics" and she will be releasing them. I really don't know if she does or doesn't but is there anything legally I can do? If she does have a video it was taken without my knowledge or consent. My husband does not know about the affair.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 3,310 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 04:25 pm
@Cblack30,
Please clarify. You had an affair with your ex while currently married to someone else? Ex what, husband? Is this your second marriage or are you referring to the person you had the affair with as your ex?

Have you asked this woman's husband if he can confirm the existence of the pictures or video?

Either way, might be a good idea to talk to your own husband. Would be better for him to hear about it from you rather than the vindictive wife of the other guy.

As for the legalities, best to contact an attorney, especially since you may need one when your husband becomes aware of things.
0 Replies

Cblack30

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 04:34 pm
I'm referring to my ex boyfriend, I've only been married once. I haven't spoken to the ex since ending things and I have no plans on trying to contact him.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 04:42 pm
@Cblack30,
I'm thinking if she were going to do it ..,,she would've already. Get your priorities straight ....is it worth it? If it is ...so be it.
Eliusa

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 10:20 am
@Germlat,
What worth it?
She said it already:
'I haven't spoken to the ex since ending things and I have no plans on trying to contact him. '

When are you going to learn to pay attention to what you are reading?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 12:59 pm
@Cblack30,
Quote:
I had a very brief "affair" (if that's even what you can call it)with my ex.
Good heavens, what else would you call it. Don't try to minimize what you did by trying to describe it as anything other than what it was. You had an affair. You chose to cheat on your husband.

So, bascially an ex boyfriend and you got together after the two of you were married to others and had sex 1 time. His wife found out and now claims she has video/pics of what? Did she say? Since you say you are unaware of any video/pics that your ex would have taken, maybe ask him if he did secretly take any. Hopefully you were not dumb enough to send him nude photos of yourself while you two were seeing each other.

My guess, assuming your ex has enough decency not to have secretly video taped you without your knowledge, is that she is bluffing. If you are sure of that, then do nothing. Of course, if you are wrong...

As for your husband, I agree with a previous poster. Ask yourself. Is it better if he finds out from me or from another source. Because if you call this woman's bluff and she doesn't have pics/video, she may well contact your husband.

I would wish you well, but I have more sympathy for your husband than I do for you. Whatever happens, you will have deserved it. Actions have consequences and you may be about to face them. Hope it all works out well for your husband.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 03:06 pm
Some states have passed "revenge video or picture" laws that penalizes someone if they misuse compromising pictures. Check your State law to see if one has been passed in your State. Remind her she may be facing charges if she decides to disseminate those photos.
0 Replies