Should I let my ex-mistress know my wife and I are coming back to town?

kissme

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 02:21 am
I had an affair while on temporary work assignment. My wife does not know. Now I need to move me and my wife back to the town where this happened. This is a relatively small town and we are sure to run into her. The mistress has been unstable at times during the affair and I'm afraid she will tell my wife. I was honest with the mistress about why I wouldn't leave my wife, but she kept calling in the end. Eventually I had to cut all communications.

How should I handle this situation? Should I contact the mistress and let her know we will be moving there, as not to alarm her when we run into her? Thank you for all the advice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 5,727 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 09:55 am
@kissme,
How about telling your wife instead?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 12:45 pm
@kissme,
Unless you have proof that your mistress WILL cause a scene, etc. then do NOTHING.

She may be just as anxious to avoid you as you are to avoid her.

If she makes overtures, then tell your wife that this woman is unstable and could not accept that you two could not be together.

Until then, shut your mouth and behave yourself.

You are much too worried about yourself.
kissme

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 06:19 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thanks, Punkey. You're probably right. There is just a lot at stake here if she decides to make a scene. But yeah, I don't know for a fact that she would. Thanks again!
0 Replies

kissme

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 04:33 pm
@kissme,
Any other answers would be greatly appreciated. Smile
carolzinha

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 01:50 pm
@kissme,
No. Do not tell her. If she's out of your life for good, it wouldn't make any sense to warn her or anything like that. You would be bringing your past relationship into light, or maybe she could understand it that way. If an ex-lover called me to say he was back in town, I'd probably think he was after something, like getting back with me or sex.
Besides, she may have moved on with her life. Maybe she has a new boyfriend. And if she doesn't...even if she comes after you, just don't talk to her. You're married and if you know what you feel and want in your life, stick by it. No matter who tries to change that. If you don't encourage her in any way, and don't talk to her again, I doubt she'll go after you...she'll realise it's pointless and will give up.
0 Replies

Antonia80

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 11:45 am
@kissme,
If the situation is like this I think that the better decision is to tell your wife. You will be honest with her and I am sure she will understand. Also the fact you want her to move with you shows that you love her. Wish you luck!
0 Replies

98faith98

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2013 11:24 am
If you keep t in your pants you wouldn't need to worry, but don't tell her she will forever look at you differently
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2013 03:44 pm
@kissme,
'The Mistress' - has been unstable.

Well off course, regardless of what you told her, she had hoped obviously, otherwise she wouldn't have continued and sounds to me that you didn't really respect her either, as "the lady" kept calling... would show a different thought there, than "the mistress has been unstable" or actually 'ex'-mistress.

So, all I can say is we make our bed, now we "lie" in it... You have to take what ever comes out of this.

What was the "honest" reason why you would not leave your wife? Because you are going to have to come up with a beauty, in my opinion, this "lady" when she sees you, will get angry because you cut off all communication and dropped her for dead.
0 Replies