Will I have a job tomorrow?

Linkat

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 11:35 am
@Linkat,
Hah - just heard from Company A and my recruiter - guess I can't be mad - her son is in surgery so she isn't in the office. But any way - I go back tomorrow to meet with 4 people.

I suppose that is good as I would hope that is it.

And I am going back to Company B on Thursday so it will be a busy couple of days.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 11:37 am
@Linkat,
That is good news (not the surgery). Good luck on both.

Choice is good, even when it's a wee bit scary.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 12:20 pm
@Linkat,
Oh okay, if company A has a better reputation and is more stable, I'd wait too and since they have contacted you now - and had a good reason for the delay -
it looks like that you'll get offers from both, company A and B and you can pick and choose. Lucky girl ! Smile
Linkat

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 01:05 pm
@CalamityJane,
well I don't want to put the cart before the horse - but it does appear as if I am fortunate.
Linkat

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 12:20 pm
@Linkat,
so had the second this morning at company a - seemed to go well, but they if they decided to go further will have another round of interviews! After one interview originally and 4 today - I gotta meet with another 2-3 people.

Jeepers!

I am tired. And all this time off from work.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 03:19 pm
@Linkat,
Really? There seem to be a lot of decision makers there I guess....
Why don't they assemble the entire company and you speak in front of them at the big town hall?
Mame

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 03:58 pm
@CalamityJane,
ha ha, love your attitude, CJ.

Wow, that is a lot of interviews and a lot of people involved for one position. What is it - the President of the Company?? lol

Dying to hear how it goes on Thursday (hey, that's tomorrow!) so will look in again.

You've gotten great advice here and seem to be up on the mark, so I'll add nothing except I hope you get what you want.

Best of luck, Linkat!
ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 05:44 pm
@Linkat,
does everything at company A involve this amount of bureaucracy?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 08:49 pm
@Linkat,
Who are you, Robert California?
Linkat

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 11:19 am
@CalamityJane,
that would be cool - I was told this company is very thorough - they say they only hire the best.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 11:21 am
@Mame,
thanks - today's isn't until the end of day. I have my bottom line picked out at each company - they only thing I am waiting for is to receive the detail of benefits (ie what the heck will I need to pay out of pocket for health/dental) stuff like that - but I have a good idea what I am trying to get at.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 11:27 am
@DrewDad,
I had to look him up - yeah description is about right....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 12:21 pm
Hey, good luck and all. Smile
Linkat

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 07:29 pm
@jespah,
thanks - today's interview was company b trying to sell themselves for me to work there. They actually said I have the job if I want it - and if I wanted to wait, there will be future positions so they would also take me later on.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 08:00 pm
@Linkat,
That's reassuring to know.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 08:24 pm
@Linkat,
I had a similar but not similar situation a long time ago - me getting a bug in my ear to change laboratory interest to my original piqued interest and subsequently finding a place that wanted to hire me post haste; the head of the sector of the department I worked for saying what could he do to get me to stay, my changing my mind to no on the new place and then the head of the new place talking more, me going after all to the new place (what a week)... and a year later returning to the same department I left. Interesting time. I don't claim specialness, just that in that situation I was in a chooser position. That wasn't at all about money - it was about what I wanted to learn.

The theme song as I drove down Santa Monica Blvd. in my ratty convertible on my way home was the Mamas and Papas singing, "go where you want to go, do what you want to do".

Linkat

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 07:03 am
@ossobuco,
thanks - it is a bit crazy - haven't heard back from company A - but I am not dissatisfied with the other company. There are some bennnies on either side.

One more professional, prestigous, good rep, with only once in their history of having layoffs.

The other - more friendly, easy going, younger feel, flexible.
Linkat

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 07:03 am
@Linkat,
On and did I mention - just to increase the stress level, we put an offer in on a house last night...
sozobe

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 07:54 am
@Linkat,
Oh my! Good luck!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 09:23 pm
Wow!
That's really great.
0 Replies