Will I have a job tomorrow?

ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 11:55 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I also shot a note off the HR recruiter (he works directly with Co. B - no middle recruiter rep me)

that's probably how they can go to the signing bonus - no recruiter to pay - definitely the better way for the company and you
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 02:03 pm
Well I had a great talk with the recruiter for Co. B. I may have negotiated a higher sign on bonus - I talked about the fact that I not only have my year end bonus - but I have these incentive shares (basically you get them at bonus time for people they feel have done a very good job) - they vest end of this year so basically they pay out beginning of 2013.

I mentioned them and the fact that I'd be walking away from another $10k (apprx value at this time). So he says he may not be able to get me another $10k but if it would make me more comfortable, he could see what he could get me.

And we talked about how in discussions with the hiring manager and her manager my concerns about my high level - high salary. And he said that they both discussed that I would be a candidate for promotion once I get adjusted to the job and prove myself.
Linkat

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 04:48 pm
@Linkat,
And by the way - it is almost 7pm and I was supposed to hear today from Co A - nothing. After going in there 3 times and spending about 8 hours interviewing in total - you would think they would have enough integrity to at least say something to me.

Not sure what I will say to any of them if I get the opportunity.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 04:55 pm
@Linkat,
Reminds me of getting a verbal offer on a house and WAITING for them to put it in writing.. Come on, come on, so I know what's going on Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 05:17 pm
I'd be at company B and working already, but we are different people, so this is not advice.
Linkat

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 05:25 pm
@ossobuco,
yes - I need check - re-check and re-check. I've talked or emailed various people to get their opinion of the group and hiring manager. The good thing about knowing several people that have worked there, are working there and know others that have worked there.

At this point - I feel really good about Co B - the one nice thing is pretty much doubt is gone from mind that this could be very good for me.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 05:28 pm
@Linkat,
I'm hoping you just grab it.

You are in a princely position but things change. I would act. But then that's me. and my choice would have been instinctual.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 11:31 am
So they upped my signon bonus ---- Co B I found out prior to finding out about Co A (which I later found out they are going with another candidate - no surprise)

So I'm hired - anticipated start date - June 11
JPB

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 11:33 am
@Linkat,
Congrats! I think you'll find this was the right choice for you - even if A had made you an offer.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 11:48 am
@Linkat,
Good, I'm glad.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 12:00 pm
@Linkat,
Fantastic! Congratulations and I hope Company B turns out to be a great place to work.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 12:02 pm
@Linkat,
Congratulations!

I hope it's a great company.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 12:26 pm
@JPB,
Even so I think believe so. And I think it was right to wait - not just for the additional sign on bonus - but because I feel good about it.

And I agree Co. A I didn't like how they handled things - I feel welcomed at Co B and I know alot of people there so it will be more comfortable and welcoming. The other side of things, I feel I can really jump in right away at Co B - it seems a job I will be able to excel at from the beginning.
Ragman

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 12:33 pm
@Linkat,
congrats. May you have the fun of looking fwd to each work day, have plenty of challenges and some fun a long the way.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 12:52 pm
@Linkat,
Congratulations, Linkat! I think you've made the right decision here and
company B is happy to have you. So it's a win-win situation for you and them.
Exhale now and relax a bit, those were stressful days...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 01:20 pm
W00t!

Yay! Smile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 01:31 pm
thanks all - it does seem they are happy and I am too. Just need to do the paperwork and confirm all is ok on the background check - and get acceptance letter and detail in writing. Once that is all set, I am in a position to say thanks, been nice knowing ya.

I was just thinking - I will need to say - nothing personal. Just like they did to me when I was told my position was moving to TX.

Funny I was talking with a peer in TX - as those that are considering to move to TX have been invited to go visit with a guest (company paid of course) to visit for a few nights. No obligation - just a chance to visit the area/the site and sit through a "sales" presentation about how wonderful it is move here. Not one person from my group slated to move even took them up on the "free" trip.
Linkat

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 01:33 pm
@Linkat,
Oh and the recruiter told me, we have some good quality people where I currently work. I said yes there are some very good people that may have started or will be starting to look. He said - yes I know, but said I cannot give you any names yet. Will be funny to see if/who is going there.
Mame

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 01:36 pm
@Linkat,
Well done, Link!

When were you slated to move to TX? And from where? Is that why you were selling your home? Sorry, I have read your posts but can't seem to remember these things right now.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 01:39 pm
@Linkat,
I'm glad to hear that you feel like you've made a good decision.

Should make it much easier to make the decision about where to buy your next home now that this is settled.

Congratulations!