Iran - What Nuclear Weapons Program?

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 09:00 pm
"chicken hawk" has also, by extension, come to refer to those who talk glowingly of war, but don't go themselves. Which pretty clearly describes oralloy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 09:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
Yeah, like all bluster and no bite.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 09:25 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Oh, it would be disastrous for Israel, their idiot adventure into the Lebanon proves that.

That war was disastrous for Lebanon. Has Lebanon even finished rebuilding yet?

It didn't seem to do much damage to Israel.

Setanta wrote:
Israel is not simply defending themselves when they go into other nations and kidnap and murder.

They are killing people who are resolved to harm them. That sounds like self-defense to me.

Setanta wrote:
Are you really so dense as not to see that that makes people want to attack them?

I don't think the people who attack Israel have any reason for doing so. Evil people just seem to want to attack Israel for some inexplicable reason.

Setanta wrote:
If Israel doesn't "start the war," there will be no war with Egypt. As there is no reason for Egypt to attack Israel, Israel won't need to defend itself.

I disagree with your belief that Egypt will not start a war with Israel.

Setanta wrote:
What do you allege Egypt is asking for?

A good thorough bombing campaign, and the loss of the Sinai.

Setanta wrote:
If they don't attack Israel, do you allege that they will have asked Israel to attck them?

No. But I believe they will attack Israel.

(Incidentally, I also believe that Turkey will try to attack Israel, with the same general result of a win for Israel.)

Setanta wrote:
Will you then allege that Egypt started it.

No. But I don't believe that Egypt intends to remain peaceful.

Maybe the US will succeed in pressuring them to not attack Israel. I'm sure we'll try. I'm not confident we'll succeed though.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 09:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
"chicken hawk" has also, by extension, come to refer to those who talk glowingly of war, but don't go themselves. Which pretty clearly describes oralloy.

"Chicken Hawk" is a term usually used by people who feel only those who serve in the military should have a say in national policy. That is a classic sign of Fascism.

Thankfully America is a place where the civilians are in charge, and the military answers to the civilians.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 09:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The point is, Roger, that Palestinian lands were not in Jordan or Iraq or Syria. They were in what is now Israel.

I find the view that "any part of the West Bank is Palestinian land" to be absurd. It is Israel's ancient homeland, and the Palestinians invaded with no justification.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 09:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Yeah, like all bluster and no bite.

LOL! Speaking of empty bluster.

You are just whining because you babbled about Obama's Iran policy without first knowing what you were talking about, and now you suddenly realize what a buffoon you are.
Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 10:03 pm
@oralloy,
You are delusional and have adduced no basis for your claims (the one about Turkey is really hilarious), so i see no point in continuing to humor your delusions.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 10:24 pm
@oralloy,
I knew what I posted, and I know it's reliable news (it was). You are delusional to think I don't know what I post.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 11:45 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You are delusional and have adduced no basis for your claims (the one about Turkey is really hilarious), so i see no point in continuing to humor your delusions.

No, I provided a list of facts to support my conclusions about Egypt's likely future behavior.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 11:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I knew what I posted, and I know it's reliable news (it was). You are delusional to think I don't know what I post.

So all that time you were questioning the US' willingness to bomb Iran, you knew all along that we were completely willing to bomb Iran?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 11:48 pm
@oralloy,
Your memory is short; you really don't know what I've been saying about this issue.

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 12:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your memory is short; you really don't know what I've been saying about this issue.

Oh?

cicerone imposter wrote:
"Willingness?" Where did you learn that?

From TheHill.com.
Quote:
Top US general cautions Israel, says attack on Iran would be ‘destabilizing’
By Jordy Yager - 02/19/12 05:20 PM ET

cicerone imposter wrote:
NO; what you said was
Quote:
Both the US and Israel have expressed willingness to carry out such an attack.

cicerone imposter wrote:
High Seas wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
NO; what you said was
Quote:
Both the US and Israel have expressed willingness to carry out such an attack.

Hint, hint: our friend Oralloy speaks with authority for the US government, whereas General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, is a clueless fool who hasn't heard yet of our "willingness to carry out such an attack" - so why argue about it Smile

It also seems English is his second or third language; he doesn't seem to comprehend much written in English.

Care to try again?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 01:14 am
@oralloy,
Yea, oh!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 12:19 pm
Weapons or not, Bush (I mean Obama) is committed to make Iran back down or else get attacked. I suppose he asked Israel to back off, to avoid the kind of retaliation Israel would face, a kind of retaliation Iran could not inflict on the US. Something like that. Head 'em up. Move 'em out. Latest season of the never-ending war.
Irishk

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 12:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
From the president's latest interview (link posted upthread)...

The word 'world' is stated 56 times.

Quote:
But I want to make clear that when we travel around the world and make presentations about this issue, that's not how we frame it. We frame it as: this is something in the national-security interests of the United States and in the interests of the world community. And I assure you that Europe would not have gone forward with sanctions on Iranian oil imports -- which are very difficult for them to carry out, because they get a lot of oil from Iran -- had it not been for their understanding that it is in the world's interest, to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon. China would not have abided by the existing sanctions coming out of the National Security Council, and other countries around the world would not have unified around those sanctions, had it not been for us making the presentation about why this was important for everyone, not just one country.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 12:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
The problem is that any conflict Israel starts with Iran will be on the backs of Americans, and that'll include most of the Middle East - not just Iran.

Iran would be foolish to continue any nuke weapon program; it's a lose-lose for them whether they develop or plan to use them. That's unless, they don't mind being wiped off the face of the planet.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 01:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Latest season of the never-ending war.

Quote:

What's so important about your being here, and this kind of interest is the basic principle that I realized a long time ago and that many of you realized long before I did, is that we are, in fact, programmable creatures. We can be taught from childhood. And we are taught, in this country, in such a way that we're conditioned — that we'll respond when someone else reaches inside our breast to poke buttons and make us march off to war and kill people, or cheer when others go off to kill people. And the only way to defend yourself and your loved ones against that is to program yourself. And you do that by reading books and by sharing conversations with serious people and by lectures and events like this one, and all the other ones that you've been doing. And certainly, this great engine of information and energy [in this audience] is just awesome.

You've got to understand that the United States is and has always been a war-loving nation, a warring nation. But one with a smile. We've learned how to put a twist on it so we can feel good about doing what other nations have done that we consider to be evil.

And with that analysis, about ten years ago (although most of my growth, intellectually, has been since then) I began to just sit down and doodle how many wars the United States has been into. And I noticed there are a whole bunch of them. We've done a lot of this thing. A very warring nation! [War is] very deep in our history. Fifteen wars, as I count them. And this gets semantical. They didn't call Korea a war. They tried not to call Vietnam a war. But [the United States'] major military actions: I count about fifteen, give or take two, if you want to call them minor, but nevertheless, let's say fifteen wars. We've spent fifty years or so at war. We've had two hundred-plus military actions, about once a year, in which we put our troops into other countries to force them to our will. The longest period between wars was between World War I and World War II. The second longest period was between the Vietnam War and the Persian Gulf War.

http://www.serendipity.li/cia/stock2.html

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 01:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The problem is that any conflict Israel starts with Iran will be on the backs of Americans, and that'll include most of the Middle East - not just Iran.

Ah, the poor, heavily treaded upon Americans argument raises it hypocritical, ugly head once again.

Think, for christ's sake, CI, before you get your gums to flappin'. Americans never pay for their brutal mistreatment of innocents the world over. You know this to be true despite Frank A's inane, unfocused arguments.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 01:36 pm
@JTT,
**** you, you ******* bore!
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 01:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Now that's just the type of "thinking" response that Americans are famous for, CI.

Americans never seem to get bored hearing all the propaganda about what a great, loving, generous country it is so why do you think it is they get bored hearing the simple, actual truth, CI?
0 Replies