Iran - What Nuclear Weapons Program?

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 07:42 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
Hint, hint: our friend Oralloy speaks with authority for the US government,

Nah. I'm just not totally clueless as to what the position of the US government actually is.
JTT

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 07:46 pm
@oralloy,
Stop spending so much time here. There are wars to be fought, enemies to be vanquished. Get back to your war games. What's your favorite, PacMan?
oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 07:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
It also seems English is his second or third language; he doesn't seem to comprehend much written in English.

The fact that my answers are confusing to you is in no way a reflection on my English-speaking ability.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 07:48 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
Maybe a picture will clear things up in his mind
http://media.economist.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/full-width/images/print-edition/20120225_LDP001_0.jpg

You've never heard of bunker busters?

High Seas wrote:
Bombing Iran is the last thing we should do. Next to last is helping the Israelis with any such insanity

The alternatives aren't all that appealing either.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 07:49 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
nobody seems to put 2 and 2 together and say we would be a lot less of a target if we refrained from bombing folks who are not bothering us!

That is because everyone knows that the above nonsense, is nonsense.

We are not bombing people for no reason. And we'd be even more of a target if we did not fight the bad guys.
oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 07:52 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Stop spending so much time here. There are wars to be fought, enemies to be vanquished. Get back to your war games. What's your favorite, PacMan?

Stop making things up. I don't play war games.

(And that you think PacMan might count as a war game, is bizarre.)
JPB

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 08:06 pm
@oralloy,
Oh, grow up! "Bad guys"? Really? Get over it. There are good and bad people in every land and every country. They are represented by those whom they hope hold their best interests at heart. Sometimes that seems less a reality than desired, but the concept of a preemptive strike has been proved woefully shortsighted time and time again. Hopefully "we" or "they" aren't going to be bombing anyone anytime soon. It's time we stop killing each other out of ignorance.
JTT

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 08:35 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
(And that you think PacMan might count as a war game, is bizarre.)

Given your level of brights, it's the only war game you could possibly play.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 08:40 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
Oh, grow up! "Bad guys"? Really? Get over it.

No. I choose to remain a good person who opposes evil.

JPB wrote:
Hopefully "we" or "they" aren't going to be bombing anyone anytime soon.

Which of the alternatives do you prefer? There are really only three options:

a) bomb Iran's nuclear program into powder, and keep bombing them as they try to rebuild

b) crush them with brutal world-wide sanctions (similar to North Korea) when they successfully build nukes

c) scrap the NPT, resume development/testing/advancement of our own nuclear weapon designs, build our arsenal back up to Cold War levels, and share all of our nuclear weapons technology with Israel and other allies

If Option A is out, that leaves either Option B or Option C.

JPB wrote:
It's time we stop killing each other out of ignorance.

It has little to do with ignorance. Sometimes you just gotta fight the bad guys.
JTT

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 08:40 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
We are not bombing people for no reason.

You are absolutely nuts, Oralboy, completely delusional. The US routinely targets civilians. It has bombed, shot, raped, napalmed, "agent oranged", machined gunned, pretty much done everything possible to innocents the world over.

Quote:
The [Sen. Frank] Church Committee of 1975 ..... Again this is not a lecture about the Secret Wars of the CIA. That's a separate lecture. I could give it again, but it takes a full hour in its own right. But you must know how the CIA weaves into this war complex — this war machinery of ours. The Church Committee of 1975 investigated CIA "actions" and found that we had run — if you extrapolate the figures — about thirteen thousand-plus [covert operations] since we've had the CIA — since World War II. Now, a lot of these are fairly benign, and some of them fairly trivial. But a lot of them are VERY violent, and some of them lead into wars. A long destabilization/propaganda campaign led us into the Korean War, and another one led us into the Vietnam War. Now, scholars, including myself, reading these things — and we have so many of them in the public record that it's obviously very difficult to know exactly how many people died in Vietnam or in Korea or in Nicaragua or in the Congo — but still, working with conservative figures we come up with a minimum figure of SIX MILLION PEOPLE killed in the Secret Wars of the CIA through its destabilizations over these past forty years:

http://www.serendipity.li/cia/stock2.html

JTT

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 08:45 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I choose to remain a good person who opposes evil.

You choose to be a simpleton, Oralboy. You lie through your teeth, you fail to recognize the truth, the evil truth about the US. You help, in a material fashion, the evil that is the US government.

Quote:
Now, scholars, including myself, reading these things — and we have so many of them in the public record that it's obviously very difficult to know exactly how many people died in Vietnam or in Korea or in Nicaragua or in the Congo — but still, working with conservative figures we come up with a minimum figure of SIX MILLION PEOPLE killed in the Secret Wars of the CIA through its destabilizations over these past forty years:
oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 08:46 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
You are absolutely nuts, Oralboy, completely delusional.

Your childish namecalling does little to compensate for your lack of facts.

JTT wrote:
The US routinely targets civilians.

Nope. You can't show a single case of the US targeting civilians in the past hundred years, and you know it.

JTT wrote:
It has bombed, shot, raped, napalmed, "agent oranged", machined gunned, pretty much done everything possible to innocents the world over.

Collateral damage is unfortunate.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 08:54 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
You choose to be a simpleton, Oralboy.

You don't seriously think your perpetual childish namecalling helps you make your case do you?

JTT wrote:
You lie through your teeth,

You cannot cite a single lie from me, ever.

JTT wrote:
you fail to recognize the truth, the evil truth about the US.

That's because it isn't even remotely the truth.

JTT wrote:
You help, in a material fashion, the evil that is the US government.

Hardly evil. And whatever help I provide to the US government, I provide gladly.
JTT

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 09:00 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Hardly evil. And whatever help I provide to the US government, I provide gladly.

Quote:
I don't mean to abuse you with verbal violence, but you have to understand what your government and its agents are doing. They go into villages, they haul out families. With the children forced to watch they castrate the father, they peel the skin off his face, they put a grenade in his mouth and pull the pin. With the children forced to watch they gang-rape the mother, and slash her breasts off. And sometimes for variety, they make the parents watch while they do these things to the children.

This is nobody's propaganda. There have been over 100,000 American witnesses for peace who have gone down there and they have filmed and photographed and witnessed these atrocities immediately after they've happened, and documented 13,000 people killed this way, mostly women and children. These are the activities done by these contras. The contras are the people president Reagan calls `freedom fighters'. He says they're the moral equivalent of our founding fathers.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Stockwell/StockwellCIA87_2.html

That must leave you bursting with pride, Oralboy. And your mom, she should be so damn proud of her son, sitting in his make believe bunker, playing make believe war, pretending to blow innocents all to smithereens.
oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 09:38 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Quote:
I don't mean to abuse you with verbal violence, but you have to understand what your government and its agents are doing. They go into villages, they haul out families. With the children forced to watch they castrate the father, they peel the skin off his face, they put a grenade in his mouth and pull the pin. With the children forced to watch they gang-rape the mother, and slash her breasts off. And sometimes for variety, they make the parents watch while they do these things to the children.

This is nobody's propaganda. There have been over 100,000 American witnesses for peace who have gone down there and they have filmed and photographed and witnessed these atrocities immediately after they've happened, and documented 13,000 people killed this way, mostly women and children. These are the activities done by these contras. The contras are the people president Reagan calls `freedom fighters'. He says they're the moral equivalent of our founding fathers.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Stockwell/StockwellCIA87_2.html

That must leave you bursting with pride,

Hey, it kept the Commies out of Central America.

Can you imagine how much better things would be today if Ford had been in a strong enough position to funnel aid into South Vietnam behind Congress' back the same way Reagan did with the Contras?
JTT

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 07:01 am
@oralloy,
An admission that you are a bald faced liar [ on so many levels] - the US targets civilians.

An admission that you have a zero level of morality - you support the torture, the rape, the murder of innocents.

What a dismal piece of excrement you are, Oralboy.
oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 08:21 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
An admission that you are a bald faced liar [ on so many levels] - the US targets civilians.

Your failure to cite a single lie from me is palpable.

As is your failure to show a single case of the US targeting civilians in the past hundred years.

(Remember, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were both military targets.)
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 08:26 pm
A poll of all the dead non combatants, whether killed by American troops or the other guys, likely would condemn the actions that took their lives. I doubt if many would give a **** what your motivations were.
oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 08:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
A poll of all the dead non combatants, whether killed by American troops or the other guys, likely would condemn the actions that took their lives. I doubt if many would give a **** what your motivations were.

If they did not care about motivations, they would likely not agree with those who choose to make up false accusations about our supposed motivations, and they would likely not object to my responding to those false accusations by pointing out the truth.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 09:12 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
One thing Truman insisted on from the start: The decision to use the bombs, and the responsibility it entailed, was his. Over the years, he gave different, and contradictory, grounds for his decision. Sometimes he implied that he had acted simply out of revenge. To a clergyman who criticized him, Truman responded, testily:

Nobody is more disturbed over the use of Atomic bombs than I am but I was greatly disturbed over the unwarranted attack by the Japanese on Pearl Harbor and their murder of our prisoners of war. The only language they seem to understand is the one we have been using to bombard them.88

Such reasoning will not impress anyone who fails to see how the brutality of the Japanese military could justify deadly retaliation against innocent men, women, and children. Truman doubtless was aware of this, so from time to time he advanced other pretexts. On August 9, 1945, he stated: "The world will note that the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, a military base. That was because we wished in this first attack to avoid, insofar as possible, the killing of civilians."89

This, however, is absurd. Pearl Harbor was a military base. Hiroshima was a city, inhabited by some three hundred thousand people, which contained military elements. In any case, since the harbor was mined and the U.S. Navy and Air Force were in control of the waters around Japan, whatever troops were stationed in Hiroshima had been effectively neutralized.

On other occasions, Truman claimed that Hiroshima was bombed because it was an industrial center. But, as noted in the U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey, "all major factories in Hiroshima were on the periphery of the city – and escaped serious damage."90 The target was the center of the city.

That Truman realized the kind of victims the bombs consumed is evident from his comment to his cabinet on August 10, explaining his reluctance to drop a third bomb: "The thought of wiping out another 100,000 people was too horrible," he said; he didn't like the idea of killing "all those kids."91 Wiping out another one hundred thousand people . . . all those kids.

Moreover, the notion that Hiroshima was a major military or industrial center is implausible on the face of it. The city had remained untouched through years of devastating air attacks on the Japanese home islands, and never figured in Bomber Command's list of the 33 primary targets.92