Is that stuff that JTT says about America true?

DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 02:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Trying to move public opinion towards truth is a damn righteous project, and trying to do it by telling truth in the public square is much more honorable than are those who try to get their way by telling lies and carrying out subversive acts.

If he were actually in a public square, that statement would make sense.

Posting (anonymously) to an Internet message board makes him either the laziest activist ever, or a boor, or (perhaps most likely) both.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 02:36 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
If he were actually in a public square, that statement would make sense
Places like A2K function as the modern public squares, if the domain owners are progressive enough to allow this use for the space that they own by way of buying domain names.

Quote:
Posting (anonymously) to an Internet message board makes him either the laziest activist ever, or a boor
Given the number of hours JTT has racked up pushing what he believes to be the truth I dont think that he is open to the charge of being lazy. If you find the truth boring then maybe you find the attempt to examine the truth boring, I on the other hand think that we have so little truth telling in our society that extended attempts to discover the truth are when they are located invigorating generally. Although JTT is so one tracked that I also find him tiresome at times, and have said so.

He has however recently branched out, there have been entire posts where he never mentions US war crimes even once, perhaps he should get some back slaps in the hopes that we will see more of that?? Rewarding good behavior generally works better than criticising what we dont like....this is motivation 101.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 02:44 pm
@joefromchicago,
I told you, straight up, Joe, not once but twice. If you choose not to believe me that's fine.

Now cut with the Sanctimonious Joe crap. I can recall at least once where I asked you a question in discussions on language and there was nothing.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 02:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
He has however recently branched out,

You live a sheltered little life, Hawk.

Quote:
If you find the truth boring then maybe you find the attempt to examine the truth boring, I on the other hand think that we have so little truth telling in our society that extended attempts to discover the truth are when they are located invigorating generally.

DD isn't much interested in the truth. You only need one look at the song and dance routine he has trotted out to see that.

Quote:
Although JTT is so one tracked that I also find him tiresome at times, and have said so.

People who avoid the truth are in constant need of reminders. People who keep shoveling the same ole tired propaganda also need to be reminded.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 03:10 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
since no one is going to make me an ingrate for being in a country where my family obtained a safe haven from the dementia that took place in Europe two times in the first half of the 20th century

What a ludicrous idea, Foofie, but then you are known for your foofieisms.

I wonder just what twisted logic it is that a person would think of themself as an ingrate for stopping their leaders from committing war crimes/terrorist acts.

I wonder just what twisted logic it is that a person would think of themself as an ingrate for demanding that their leaders follow the rule of law.

As long as you are made safe, all others be damned, eh Foofie? Now that's what I call a real human being.

Do you prefer to torture kittens or puppies?
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 03:30 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I told you, straight up, Joe, not once but twice. If you choose not to believe me that's fine.

No, you didn't tell me straight up why you directed a question to other people in a thread that was directed to me, but your evasions and back-tracking have convinced me that you were lying in the first place when you said that you had not directed that question to me, and you have given me no reason since to alter my opinion.

JTT wrote:
Now cut with the Sanctimonious Joe crap. I can recall at least once where I asked you a question in discussions on language and there was nothing.

Weren't you the one who said that your position on grammar issues was irrelevant to this thread? Oh yes, you called that a red herring.

Regardless, as a rule I don't feel compelled to answer all questions posed to me in this forum. You certainly feel the same way, as you've ignored a number of my questions already in this thread. But if you want me to answer a specific question on another thread, I suggest you submit a post in that thread and I'll see if I want to respond.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 03:34 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
People who keep shoveling the same ole tired propaganda also need to be reminded.

I have given up trying to remind you. You persist in shoveling the same propaganda.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 03:37 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
I have given up trying to remind you.

Don't do that, Mr Goebbels.

Quote:
You persist in shoveling the same propaganda.

You want to try doing a little comparison, JW?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 03:50 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
No, you didn't tell me straight up why you directed a question to other people in a thread that was directed to me,

You are a liar, Joe.

Number 1: Most assuredly not, Joe. Though I hadn't ever seen the thread you linked to, I have noticed the odd time or two where you have involved yourself.

Number 2: I told you, Joe, most assuredly not.

Both those are straight up.

Quote:
Weren't you the one who said that your position on grammar issues was irrelevant to this thread? Oh yes, you called that a red herring.

My point was meant to illustrate that your holier than thou attitude was just badly misplaced. In that it wasn't a red herring.
panzade

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 04:06 pm
Gracie, there is a lot of truth to what JTT says even though it's hard to concentrate on the facts when he's ranting.
A2K is a wonderful place to sift through differing opinions.
I urge you to read Joe's post which is highlighted above. It was in reply to Tico on the Bush and Chaney Tried For War Crimes thread.

When I was 18 I lived in Madrid Spain where one could be arrested for discussing politics. I'll never forget the every-day fear we lived under.

The US is a great country because even though it has done some shameful things, there are still avenues to discuss our short comings.

Keep your mind open Gracie...
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 04:10 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
there is a lot of truth to what JTT says even though it's hard to concentrate on the facts when he's ranting.

Pan, it's hard to concentrate on the facts because none of you want to concentrate on the facts. The facts are anathema to most everyone.

If Gracie hadn't started this truth commission thread, there would never have been a boo.

Quote:
The US is a great country because even though it has done some shameful things, there are still avenues to discuss our short comings.

There are many great countries where those discussions take place without the war crimes and terrorism. That's the part that makes the US not a great country, but a country that is no different than Nazi Germany.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 04:11 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
Keep your mind open Gracie
Amen, and keep pushing to allow in as much truth as you can stand.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 04:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Keep your mind open Gracie
Amen, and keep pushing to allow in as much truth as you can stand.

....but you will need to sift through a variety of perspectives before you can decide for yourself what the truth is, Gracie.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 04:31 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
but you will need to sift through a variety of perspectives before you can decide for yourself what the truth is, Gracie.
Which is 90% of the point of letting everyone speak their minds, and only when after they are done telling them that they are full of **** and why they are full of **** if they are. The other 10% is common courtesy. Several decades ago we Americans got into the habit of shouting people down as they are trying to speak, and of not listening to people because we have decided that we dont like them for some reason or another, as if we were 100% sure that they had nothing worthwhile to say before they had even had the chance to speak. Not only has the project of trying to find the truth failed in America, but so has the exercise of discourse..we pretty much cant do it anymore. You will find more of it at A2K then you will find most anywhere else.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 04:32 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Quote:
No, you didn't tell me straight up why you directed a question to other people in a thread that was directed to me,
You are a liar, Joe.

Number 1: Most assuredly not, Joe. Though I hadn't ever seen the thread you linked to, I have noticed the odd time or two where you have involved yourself.

Number 2: I told you, Joe, most assuredly not.

Both those are straight up.

Really, this is getting quite amusing. Stripped of all the unnecessary commentary, here is my question with your putative answer:

Joe: "why did you make a statement directed to others in a post that was directed to me?"

JTT: "most assuredly not."

Not only did you not answer my question, your answer isn't even comprehensible. I can understand why you'd want to avoid the question, since it points up your complete lack of honesty, but surely you could come up with an evasion that at least made some sense.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 04:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Facebook would be a much more appropriate analogy.

I'm guessing he's as much of a boor there as he is here.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 04:38 pm
I just realized something. In tone and argument style (ignoring the specifics of the dogma),

JTT sounds an awful lot like JGoldman.
panzade

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 04:50 pm
@JTT,
JTT:
Quote:
Pan, it's hard to concentrate on the facts because none of you want to concentrate on the facts. The facts are anathema to most everyone.

"Facts" can be an inconvenience when one is busy flag-waving, I'll grant you that.

I thought about you when I heard Iran tried to assassinate the Saudi ambassador in Washington D.C. You were probably thinking: "What a crock...we assassinated tons of enemies in the last 100 years"

The fact that we're handing out 120 billion $ in arms to the most repressive regimes in the Middle East in the midst of Arab revolts is uncanny.
I'm gonna go watch "Wag The Dog"
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 05:02 pm
@panzade,
Quote:

"Facts" can be an inconvenience when one is busy flag-waving,
Or when protecting their pet prejudices and theories, which most all moderns do to an alarming degree....even as they claim to be the best humans ever. starting with a belief and then trying to make the facts fit is something that we see a lot of these days. This kind of shoddy thinking was not always so common. As with so many things that have gone wrong the roots reach back to our failed education system.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 05:31 pm
@maxdancona,
A reasonable response is lost on you, eh, Max?
0 Replies