Is that stuff that JTT says about America true?

BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 10:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
What are "SDs" ??

Standard Deviation from the norm IE it is a mathematic term/concept.

In this case meaning that your views on life are far out on the bell curve of what the vast majority of the population hold.

In any case it is the job and duty of parents to filter and control the exposed of viewpoints until the children intellect and emotional maturity reach a level that they can deal with them in a logical manner for themselves.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 10:59 am
@izzythepush,
I concur.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 11:36 am
@BillRM,
I think its nice that no one has started screaming, yet.

DAVID wrote:
What are "SDs" ??
BillRM wrote:
Standard Deviation from the norm IE it is a mathematic term/concept.
I see. Thank u.

BillRM wrote:
In this case meaning that your views on life are far out
on the bell curve of what the vast majority of the population hold.
In candor, I can t deny that (and I thank u, BLESS U for writing it in such perfect, flawless English).
I gotta be me. I stand for LIBERTY.

BillRM wrote:
In any case it is the job and duty of parents to filter and control the exposed of viewpoints
but do thay have the RIGHT to interfere??
So far as I can see, unless the kid has CONSENTED to it,
neither thay nor society has any RIGHT to interfere,
without permission from the kid.
( I will admit that parents have the right to withdraw financial support for failure to co-operate.)

I believe that the rightful power to govern comes from CONSENT of the governed.
Kids are no exception to that.

BillRM wrote:
until the children intellect and emotional maturity reach a level
that they can deal with them in a logical manner for themselves.
In some cases, the kids may be smarter than the parents.
For instance, I believe that Andrea Yates's kids (whom she drowned in her bathtub)
were smarter than she was when thay fled (however unsuccessfully).

I remember as a kid, asking my father not to smoke.
He was stinking me out.
That did not work out very well. It thereafter negatively affected his health.

Will u comment on this (Bill or anyone) ?
Maybe 5 years ago, I parked in the lot for a restaurant on Long Island.
I walked toward its front door. I saw a well-dressed clean cut looking boy c.11 years old
also approaching that door walking near me. He looked at the palm of one of his hands.
I saw that it was BLACK.
I don 't claim to be a mindreader, but SOMEHOW I knew
that he was considering licking his hand.
He was walking very near me.
As a libertarian, my disposition was to say nothing.
I have no authority over him.
I saw him lick his black hand. I hope that he did not get poisoned.
I did nothing. Do u agree with my choice to mind my own business ?

David
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 12:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
He just hasn't explained what is the "norm." That's where the SD goes haywire.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:52 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David I am not sure about your example of an 11 years old licking his hand with something on it but if a young child is about to do something near me that placed him or her clearly in immediate risk of physical harm I would likely intervene.

Seems to come under the collected moral duty of the society adults to offer protection to children where needed.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 03:05 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Seems to come under the collected moral duty of the society adults to offer protection to children where needed.

But as we learned in that literary master piece Go The **** To Sleep adults also need to decide when is enough enough, when is it time for adult time.

Kids of America today are rarely suffering too little attention, they are much more likely to suffer from too much attention and protecting. It is largely only the lower class kids who are neglected, by their stressed under educated and under resourced parents, as well as by all of us.
BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 03:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Kids of America today are rarely suffering too little attention, they are much more likely to suffer from too much attention and protecting. It is largely only the lower class kids who are neglected, by their stressed under educated and under resourced parents, as well as by all of us.

Hawkeye that is all great in theory but we had been talking about interfering when a child had placed him or herself in immediate harm way due to the lack of adult judgment and no parents or guardian in sight.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 03:20 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Hawkeye that is all great in theory but we had been talking about interfering when a child had placed him or herself in immediate harm way due to the lack of adult judgment and no parents or guardian in sight
How often do you see that?? Kids from my class are not allowed to do 80% of the fun things that me and my friends did as kids because their parents are so anal about "SAFETY!", I very very seldom come across a kid who is in danger of any more than a skinned knee, and even that is becoming rare.

Getting back to Gracie, the story that kids are in grave danger from online predators and being exposed to other unsavory parts of humanity online is a hoax perpetrated by manipulators out to promote their agenda, just as we see with the rape scare. Gracie is in very little danger here or anywhere else online. My complain runs more towards her bad parenting leaving her to feeling free to walk into adult conversations and play around...
ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 03:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
It is interesting how Brm posts when he forgets what his normal A2k posting style is.
BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 03:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Gracie is in very little danger here or anywhere else online. My complain runs more towards her bad parenting leaving her to feeling free to walk into adult conversations and play around...

Gracie is not in physical risk of harm by being here or elsewhere on the net but in my opinion she is in high risk of developing character traits that will not serve her well in life.

Look at how the nature and tone of her postings over a fairly short period of time had degraded.

In my opinion her father is either an uncaring and unfit father or at best he is sleeping on the job of being a parent at the moment.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 03:55 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
It is interesting how Brm posts when he forgets what his normal A2k posting style is.
Yes. In common with my vu toward Setanta,
I respect Bill's ability to reason, tho we disagree very offen.
Unlike my vu toward Setanta, I like Bill, but I wish that he 'd stop
jabbing those mistakes into his posts. He said that he was born in Pennsylvania;
ergo, English is his first language, unless he grew up elsewhere.

He is not doing what I 'm doing, i.e., to try to set an example
in an effort to undermine the paradime insofar as it is non-fonetic.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:12 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
David I am not sure about your example of an 11 years old licking his hand with something on it but if a young child
is about to do something near me that placed him or her clearly in immediate risk of physical harm I would likely intervene.

Seems to come under the collected moral duty of the society adults
to offer protection to children where needed.
Yes; maybe. I had a hard time with that one.
I 'd have offered my advice that he NOT lick the black dirt on his hand,
in the same spirit of offering a hand up, if he had fallen,
but I thought that he might get mad at me for interfering
and point out to me that it was none of my business.

David
BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
My writing style or lack of same is more in the nature of a shortcoming in my brain wirings as it relate to languages both written and spoken.

We all have some shortcomings of one kind or another in our skills and capabilities we were born with.

For the record David I like you to.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:18 pm
Just finished reading all the horseshit on the past two or three pages. It's nice to see that there's at least one poster here who shows a modicum of maturity instead of a tendency to hurl mouthfuls of ridiculous platitudes -- her net name is GacieGirl. Way to go, Gracie!

And OSDAVID, this will come as a shock to you, I know, but I actually gave you a 'thumbs up' on that post about universal equality, regardless of age. Hard to believe that either BRM or Hawk are anywhere over the age of 10 or 11. Losers.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:24 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
My writing style or lack of same is more in the nature of a shortcoming in my brain wirings
as it relate to languages both written and spoken.
U said that u were born in Pennsylvania; did u grow up in America?
Is English your first language?

BillRM wrote:
We all have some shortcomings of one kind or another in our skills and capabilities we were born with.
Yes.

BillRM wrote:
For the record David I like you to.
Thank u.
That must be a shortcoming in your brain wirings.

David
BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
he might get mad at me for interfering and point out to me that it was none of my business

David why would you care if he had make such a comment to you?

I am not mad or hurt for example at some of the comments Gracie had directed at me of late.

My only feelings, was shock and sadness that her behaviors is now so out line of want it should be for a 13 years old girl for her own benefit and welfare in life.
BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Is English your first language?

YES
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:30 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Just finished reading all the horseshit on the past two or three pages. It's nice to see that there's at least one poster here who shows a modicum of maturity instead of a tendency to hurl mouthfuls of ridiculous platitudes -- her net name is GacieGirl. Way to go, Gracie!

And OSDAVID, this will come as a shock to you, I know, but I actually gave you a 'thumbs up' on that post about universal equality, regardless of age.
Well, people have very large numbers of opinions on many different points of interest.
Occasionally, some of them overlap & co-incide.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:39 pm
@BillRM,
DAVID wrote:
he might get mad at me for interfering and point out to me that it was none of my business
BillRM wrote:
David why would you care if he had make such a comment to you?
Because, in my mind, the definition of HONOR is non-violation of anyone 's rights.
I woud know that he was correct in that I had no right
to order him around. He was free and autonomous.
I felt duty-bound to respect his freedom,
not to fake that I had any authority over him.
I am merely his fellow-citizen.

BillRM wrote:
I am not mad or hurt for example at some of the comments Gracie had directed at me of late.

My only feelings, was shock and sadness that her behaviors is now so out line of want it should be for a 13 years old girl
for her own benefit and welfare in life.
I am interested to know
what specific behaviors u have in mind????

David
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:54 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
In my opinion her father is either an uncaring and unfit father or at best he is sleeping on the job of being a parent at the moment.
Hard to say, Gracie has in the past said that she lies to her dad and does not care what he thinks, so where to split the blame between her and her father I could not say.

Quote:
in my opinion she is in high risk of developing character traits that will not serve her well in life.
Or she could end up wise beyond her years from the exposure, who can say..either way it is not my concern.
0 Replies