Waiting to hear from the vet.

BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 11:45 am
Waiting for a phone call to let me know if I can take my beloved male cat Blue Eyes home or needed to go to the vet to be with him when he is put down.

He is getting on in years and have diabetes that seem to had gone out of control even those I give him two shots a day of insulin.

Wish me luck the next time my cell phone ring.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 16 • Views: 5,674 • Replies: 68

JTT

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 12:10 pm
@BillRM,
I wish you and your cat luck, Bill. Does he really have blue eyes?
BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 12:18 pm
@JTT,
Yes he is a red point with blue eyes.
JTT

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 12:30 pm
@BillRM,
I wouldn't know a red point from an alley cat, Bill, but I still wish you both the best.
BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 12:40 pm
@JTT,
Thanks and one way or another I will post his picture.........

Still waiting...............
Izzie

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 12:43 pm
@BillRM,
I do hope Blue Eyes will be alright...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 12:46 pm
@BillRM,
good luck, blue eyes...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 12:52 pm
@BillRM,
You are doing the right thing when loving your friend is best demonstrated by ending suffering that can't be corrected. I've held and kissed my pets when they had to be put down because I loved them so much.

I wish we were that kind to humans.

BBB
Linkat

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 12:59 pm
@BillRM,
Oh I definately wish you luck - I, not too long ago, had to put down my sweet kitty - is he a white cat? I had a blue eyed blue cat when I was child - very sweet kitty.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 12:59 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
me too BBB, me too.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 01:20 pm
@Izzie,
Have you ever known people who insist in keeping a loved one alive, human or pet, when they are suffering from an incurable illness or injury? I've known people that do that. They are only thinking of their loss instead of what it best for the patient. That's not love. That's self centered selfish cruelty.

BBB

firefly

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 02:24 pm
@BillRM,
Wishing both you and your cat good luck. Hopefully, the vet will be able to re-adjust the insulin dose to get Blue Eyes diabetes under better control.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 02:53 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Hi BBB, yep, my parents owned an Old Folks Home... so I am very aware of some of the parents and families wishes on both sides, but many families live on in hope that something will change or suffer guilt or don't fully understand that nothing more can often be done to help their family - it is so emotive... usually, when folks do realise .. then the doctors can do everything to make passing as comfortable as possible and often patients drift away with their pain medications.

Our hospice care here is second to none but euthanasia is not legal in the UK. This often comes up as court cases, but rarely, if ever, at the patients wishes respected (tho I have not read up on this and do not know for certain)

Depending on the wishes of all concerned including the patients wishes, hospice care make make the time of leaving this earth more easy these days along with full understanding of the family who are often with them.

I will never allow any animal to suffer.,, not NY animal if I could help or make the right decision in certainty.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 06:06 pm
@BillRM,
Not sure if you have or have not received any news from the vet Bill but I'm pulling for you Blue Eyes.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 06:30 pm
@BillRM,
GOOD LUCK to u and Blue Eyes, Bill.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 09:33 pm
Thank for all your good wishes.

Blue Eyes had bounce back to some degree but the outcome is still very must in question.

His blood sugar reading is somewhat down and his body temperature from being low is back to normal however he is still out of it for the most part and not eating by himself.

The vet had taken him to his home so he can keep a close watch on him during the night.

Let me full you guys in concerning this cat. He had white hair and of course blue eyes and is the only male cat<fixed male cat> in the family.

He came around many many years ago looking for a hand out and he was so beautiful I could not believe he was a stay cat however no one in the area knew anything about him.

I took him to my vet and had him scan for an ID chip and held my breathe waiting to hear if he had a chip in him or not. The woman vet looks at me and with a smile, told me that the cat now belongs to me as there was no chip in him.

He always looks to get outside on me by hiding somewhere away from the door and then doing a scale full dash as I open the door. When he success in getting by me he would then be out for four or five hours until he got hungry and was willing to come in when I called him.

Once I fell asleep and he was out many more hours then normal and when I did open the door he cuss at me loudly as he came back in for my being so late to check for him.

One of my major fears is that one day he would get out when I am leaving for the airport or some such.

Let see once somehow he gotten a bird by me and I woke up to bird parts and feathers being all over the house as he and the rest of my cats cheerfully ripped the body apart as I sleep.

It took me forever to clean up the mess.

I will keep you all inform and look to upload some pictures of him.

Thank once more for the kinds words.
kuvasz

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 09:35 pm
@BillRM,
Best wishes to you and Blue Eyes!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 12:46 am
Hoping the vet will give you some good news today about Blue Eyes.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 03:14 am
Do you mean red point as in siamese?

I am impressed that you take your animals to such a deticated vet that he takes patients home.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 03:54 am
Hoping for good news for blue eyes.
0 Replies