Rockhead

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 11:26 am
@BillRM,
my condolences, Bill...
JTT

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 01:29 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
In fact I am feeling guilty for delaying the process for a few days by employing intense vet care in the small hope that he and I might be granted a little more time together.

Not to worry, Mate, you both did have some more time together.

Quote:
In any case it is my duty to end this as kindly as I can.

Spoken like a man who really loves his cat.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 03:42 pm
@Rockhead,
Hear, here.

It's hard to let go of our beloved pets.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 07:07 am
I once more wish to thanks everyone and to end this thread by stating that at 1 pm on Monday Oct 10 Blue Eyes life was ended with my hands on him.

I do not think he was in any pain before hand however due to a delay in getting a hold of the vet the dying process seems to had begin to frighten him and it was getting harder to calm him down very near the end.

In any case the vet gave him a shot that did calm him down as soon as he did show up and then he went on to a peaceful death shortly afterward.

I did find some comfort by then going into the vet cages area and holding and loving up a very young cute kitten they are looking for a home for.

No I did not offer to adopt him however I am still fighting the impulse to do so.

I think that my head cat would blow a fuse if I ask her to once more put up with a young kitten running wildly around and play attacking the senior cats.

Thanks everyone...........

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 08:03 am
@BillRM,
My condolences, Bill. There is no easy way. You did the best for Blue Eyes by loving him and being with him 'til the end. I hope you take comfort in that.

RIP, Blue Eyes.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 10:22 am
@BillRM,
Bill, I understand your thought about adopting a new kitten to replace your loss. When my dogs and cats had to have their suffering ended, I immediately replaced them, especially if they they were couples and one of them remained. It help to overcome the loss of their partner, and it certainly helped me to reduce my sorrow. I think Blue Eyes would want you to have a new kitten to love. What ever works for you will be the best.

BBB
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 11:06 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bill, I understand your thought about adopting a new kitten to replace your loss. When my dogs and cats had to have their suffering ended, I immediately replaced them, especially if they they were couples and one of them remained. It help to overcome the loss of their partner, and it certainly helped me to reduce my sorrow. I think Blue Eyes would want you to have a new kitten to love. What ever works for you will be the best.

BBB
Well, NOT if its going to freak out his head cat, who has seniority!

U r being very inconsiderate!

David
0 Replies

space007

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:24 am
@BillRM,
Best wishes to you and your cat.
0 Replies